OT: Video Games III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
I like Civilization a lot, but the problem I always have is that I'm really into it at the beginning of games and lose interest by the time it gets toward modern times. I've never played with other people though.
I'm generally the same way, and it usually happens when the outcome of the game is no longer in doubt. What tends to happen is that modern times are just running out the clock to hit the victory conditions. Maybe if I upped the difficulty it would be a different story, but I usually get much more enjoyment out of early- and mid-game play.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
I got Civ5 from the Steam Winter Sale (was a big Civ3 player a long time ago but only played Civ4 once) and I played it a ton over the winter break. Haven't really had time to play it since coming back to school, but it was definitely worth the 10-15 it cost (plus BNW) during the sale.

Multiplayer is fun but is even more time consuming than Singleplayer. It's also pretty laggy.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I play Civ V MP with the GF on a semi-regular basis, and it works pretty well. You move at the same time as other human civs as long as you aren't at war, so the pace keeps up pretty well.

And yes, you can save and return to games.

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
I play Civ V MP with the GF on a semi-regular basis, and it works pretty well. You move at the same time as other human civs as long as you aren't at war, so the pace keeps up pretty well.

And yes, you can save and return to games.

You can also have a move timer can't you? To limit people taking endless turns?

Add me on steam anyway: Sasha Semin 28

Reilly13

Dec 2, 2011
I got Civ5 from the Steam Winter Sale (was a big Civ3 player a long time ago but only played Civ4 once) and I played it a ton over the winter break. Haven't really had time to play it since coming back to school, but it was definitely worth the 10-15 it cost (plus BNW) during the sale.

Multiplayer is fun but is even more time consuming than Singleplayer. It's also pretty laggy.

gud times

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I think Titanfall and Dark Souls 2 will be my two main purchases for the spring. Titanfall is basically just "PEW PEW SHOOTIN' U IN THE FACE (with ROBOTZzzzzz)" but that's what everyone I know will be playing and I need to get it for my multi-player fix.

Dark Souls was probably the most punishing/rewarding game I've ever played in recent years, and gorgeous to look at as well. Looking forward to the sequel.

For anyone who does PC local co-op, you owe it to yourself to play NIDHOGG. And look into Crawl.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Loot 2.0 has really improved the fun factor of Diablo 3.

Now I'm really looking forward to the killing of the Auction House and the release of the expansion.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Haven't played it in 6+ months. Just hopped on today after a buddy reminded me of the update.

I mean, at it's heart, the Diablo franchise is all about the pursuit of loot. If you don't like that, it's not for you. They are adding an additional character class, another act to the campaign, and two more game modes in the Reaper of Souls expansion.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Add me on steam anyway: Sasha Semin 28

Sorry, missed this the first time around. I'll add you now.

EDIT: If anyone else wants to add me I'm Devil Dancer on Steam and DevilDancerPXB on PSN. I don't play MP much though, since my internet is terrible.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Titanfall is a ton of fun. My only complaints are that there's no single player mode and that I suck.

Played it for about 45 minutes today. Seemed fun. Finally something different from the usual crap.

We'll see though. It seems like it's luster may wear off quick. That, and the bots make it too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad