OT: Video Games III

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
Biggest problem with Titanfall so far is that the "Titans are far more valuable unmanned than manned" strategy appears to be a dominant one.

Sucks that actually piloting your mech makes you less likely to win the match. Needs balance tweak in that regards.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Loot 2.0 has really improved the fun factor of Diablo 3.

Now I'm really looking forward to the killing of the Auction House and the release of the expansion.

I think that against my better judgement, I'm going to go back to it. Haven't played it for real since launch so this will be like a fresh start.

The initial loot system was terrible. I got stuck on a lame mini boss in Hell and killed chapter bosses very easily. And crap loot made replaying it impossible.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I think that against my better judgement, I'm going to go back to it. Haven't played it for real since launch so this will be like a fresh start.

The initial loot system was terrible. I got stuck on a lame mini boss in Hell and killed chapter bosses very easily. And crap loot made replaying it impossible.

Loot's much better. After five minutes of playing, I found a rare drop that was an improvement over an AH-purchased item for my level 60 Monk. The AH goes offline for good some time this month, and they're adding a couple new game modes along with a new character class in the upcoming expansion. It's good for at least several months of replay, I think.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Biggest problem with Titanfall so far is that the "Titans are far more valuable unmanned than manned" strategy appears to be a dominant one.

Sucks that actually piloting your mech makes you less likely to win the match. Needs balance tweak in that regards.

I don't see that at all. I've seen a ton of accomplished Mech pilots dominating the play. You'll get the hang of the mechs. That said, I do love to have them on guard mode as I like being a sniper and they're good to draw the enemy's fire.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
The problem I have with Titanfall is that there is no true singleplayer campaign. That sucks. I always play the campaign before I start online multiplayer. If there was a real campaign similar to Halo, COD, etc. it would make the game more enjoyable. I can get bored after a few rounds of Titanfall but it's a breath of fresh air from Halo and COD. COD Ghosts sucks and I wish I never bought it. I can't wait for NHL 15 on the next gen console to come out.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The problem I have with Titanfall is that there is no true singleplayer campaign. That sucks. I always play the campaign before I start online multiplayer. If there was a real campaign similar to Halo, COD, etc. it would make the game more enjoyable. I can get bored after a few rounds of Titanfall but it's a breath of fresh air from Halo and COD. COD Ghosts sucks and I wish I never bought it. I can't wait for NHL 15 on the next gen console to come out.

FIFA 14 on PS4 is absolutely incredible. I never get tired of playing it. On the other hand, I don't like Madden on the next gen. Maybe I'm just tired of Madden. Very interested to see what NHL 15 looks like on PS4.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

It does suck....I feel cheated in that sense.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Tried Infamous:Second Son last night. It looks incredible on the PS4 but I'm still trying to get into it. A bit repetitive. While I'm waiting for MLB: The Show I might have to pick up FIFA.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Tried Infamous:Second Son last night. It looks incredible on the PS4 but I'm still trying to get into it. A bit repetitive. While I'm waiting for MLB: The Show I might have to pick up FIFA.

Do it. I'm not a big Infamous fan. Didn't really get the hype regarding the first one -- I thought after the first hour I felt like I was playing the game on repeat. Just doesn't do it for me.

Do you know if they plan to unveil a Drake series for the PS4? That's one of my favorite video game series. I didn't play the last one as my PS3 **** itself so I don't know if they ended it or left it open for another one.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Civilization: Beyond Earth. Coming out this fall: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/beyond-earth-takes-civilization-to-the-stars/1100-6418906/

------------------------------------------

Usiel: I only played GalCiv2 but it was awesome. Has a campaign/story mode but also a sandbox mode. To be honest, I never played the campaign, always played sandbox. Best features were being able creating a custom race and designing your own ships. The ship builder was awesome, and your ships actually appeared as designed in the battles. You could create everything from fighters to massive battleships

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Civilization: Beyond Earth. Coming out this fall: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/beyond-earth-takes-civilization-to-the-stars/1100-6418906/

------------------------------------------

Usiel: I only played GalCiv2 but it was awesome. Has a campaign/story mode but also a sandbox mode. To be honest, I never played the campaign, always played sandbox. Best features were being able creating a custom race and designing your own ships. The ship builder was awesome, and your ships actually appeared as designed in the battles. You could create everything from fighters to massive battleships

Awesome. I just read an interview on PCgamer earlier today on this one.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006

I loved GalCiv II SO MUCH. The only bummer was that the end game was crappy, but that 's a common problem with 4X strategy games.

I designed some awesome ships in my day, and I'm usually not into that kind of stuff. It helped that the ship design tool was both simple and deep.

ryan519*

is it worth it to get titanfall on 360? im not looking to drop the money on an xbox one, nor do i want it anyway. will probably end up getting a ps4 later this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->