Kings News: Via DL: Quick sidelined around 3 months (10/19)

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Remember when he skated over to Price during the WCoH and gave him a tap on the pads? He must have caught whatever Price had last year. See what happens when you try to be classy JQ? Not worth it man, not worth it.

Seriously though, I had low expectations going in to the year. Let's play some rookies and sell if we have to, but if they can surprise some people (myself included) then so be it.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
According to this, JQ listened and chose the non surgical option, and they confirmed it's the groin. Surgery (from another tweet) said he'd have lost the season.
Just have to hope the non surgical was the right path and not just because JQ didn't want to lose a year.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2016/10/19/no-surgery-for-quick-but-still-long-term-timetable/

that's the thing, surgery vs rehab is quick vs price

Price can go through rehab because of his style of play
I'm afraid that Quick's style of play would require surgery

rehab helps to "heal" naturally however after an important groin tear how much will the body recover through rehab?? Can Quick really be 100% after this? Have a feeling that from next year on, Quick's health will be very fragile; any bad move will cause him to be sidelined

Surgery is the wiser option, but everyone prefers rehab because everyone's eager to have him back

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
that's the thing, surgery vs rehab is quick vs price

Price can go through rehab because of his style of play
I'm afraid that Quick's style of play would require surgery

rehab helps to "heal" naturally however after an important groin tear how much will the body recover through rehab?? Can Quick really be 100% after this? Have a feeling that from next year on, Quick's health will be very fragile; any bad move will cause him to be sidelined

Surgery is the wiser option, but everyone prefers rehab because everyone's eager to have him back

I'd rather have him 100% I agree with you here. But who knows what we aren't privy to? We thought he'd be broken after his friggin back surgery but the guy is an animal.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Go with Zatkoff and Budaj, and if everything has crumbled after 3 months, just let Quick sit for the rest of the season. Keep all the picks, trade whoever for whatever at the deadline, if any team wants anyone, and just rid out the bad untradable contracts into next season and beyond. Unless Vegas goes dumb and takes Brown or Gaborik for free. But they just hired the guy that ran a cap site, and I'm sure he's aware of what Brown and Gaborik are.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Come on Deano, show us you still have that magic and flip Brown for Pavalec after shutting down Quick for the year!

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Stem cell therapy!?

How about a Bacta tank?

Review_LukeSkywalkerEchoBaseBactaTankPOTJ_stillA.jpg

Last edited:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I swear if Lombardi trades the farm for a guy like Mason or get the latest Ek rumor, MAF, I'll start the pitchfork and torch mob.

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
or get the latest Ek rumor, MAF, I'll start the pitchfork and torch mob.

Trading for a guy with a 5.7 mil cap hit over the next 3 years makes to help the team for the next 3 months makes no sense. No way it happens.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I don't want a goalie. Opposing teams know we need one and they're gonna have nasty price tags. I'd rather just suck for three months.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Murray will be back soon for PIT, they'll have a 3 headed monster at that point. Waiver wire says I!

Edit: Nov 1st the waiver order resets to current year rankings.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2005
CA
I swear if Lombardi trades the farm for a guy like Mason or get the latest Ek rumor, MAF, I'll start the pitchfork and torch mob.

It's a bad trade rumor but if Brown was going the other way it makes a little more sense. You get Fleury for the season, you lose Brown's horrendous contract and play on the ice then Fleury gets taken by Vegas this summer. IMO, if you need to do Brown +1 I'd do it-Brown is that bad. How much cap space does Pittsburgh need when Murray is activated? Condon only makes 575K, that's not a lot of cap space if Condon is the actual target which is usually what happens in Ecklund rumors.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Murray will be back soon for PIT, they'll have a 3 headed monster at that point. Waiver wire says I!

Edit: Nov 1st the waiver order resets to current year rankings.

back for 3 more years....MAF should starting calling ReMax

LeBrun says it's 3.75 M per

Pittsburgh Penguins Verified account
‏@penguins

The #Pens have re-signed goalie Matt Murray (@mattmurray_30) to a three-year contract extension. Details: http://pens.pe/2eUQ3E3

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
MAF is still in control. They gave him a NMC.

They did give him a limited NMC but that deal was 2 yrs ago before Murray emerged. They didn't sign murray to lose him in the expansion draft and MAF's contract is at a good price for a goalie of his caliber. MAF has 18 teams he can agree be traded to and the Pens have 63 M committed next yr to 14 players (9 forwards 3 d and both MAF and MM.) Something has to go and it's likely to that contract will be one. It's up to MAF to decide his future. He's not dumb, he knows MM is the one in Pitts in the driver's seat now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad