Kings News: Via DL: Quick sidelined around 3 months (10/19)

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Your dreaming if you think the Kings brass would not protect Quick. Unless Dean is moved out there is 0% chance of that happening.

Say after 3 months Quick isn't ready to come back and ends up missing the season. Would Vegas take a 6M contract for 6 more years on someone that's 31 who just missed a year?

I have my doubts.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I'm. A ducks fan.
But I'm also a USA hockey fan,
And overall, just a hockey fan.

Hope, whatever this injury is now, Quick can can back and be his normal slinky flexible self

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm. A ducks fan.
But I'm also a USA hockey fan,
And overall, just a hockey fan.

Hope, whatever this injury is now, Quick can can back and be his normal slinky flexible self

He's a total warrior. Has come back from back, wrist surgery and looked mostly himself, and injured his groin before too. Can't imagine it will get better as he ages, but the dude doesn't know when to quit, I love it.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I think Budaj will get a good shot before anything happens. Remember both goalies expected to be a backup at best. Now, you are suddenly a starter on a team that still is considered to have high expectations, and you are filling in for one of the best in the business. There's going to be some pressure and discomfort there. That first goal last night was crappy communication, that stuff will get ironed out. If things don't get better after 15 games or so, I definitely see a move as a possibility.

His debut wasn't that good, even in a win.The second 2 goals were pretty much the same goal, short side, top shelf. He was deep om both and went down early. Spezza picked that corner like it was warm ups. Both guys have given up bad goals in back to back games.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Update on Quick:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/kings/la-sp-kings-quick-eliott-20161123-story.html

The Kings’ franchise goaltender and Conn Smythe winner in their 2012 Stanley Cup run is about two weeks into the rehab phase, and he hasn’t experienced any setbacks. But it’s slow and tedious work, and there’s no timetable for his return.

“I’m good,†Quick said a few days ago in his first public comments since the Oct. 12 mishap. “I’m just going through the process of getting back. It’s at times frustrating, but you know what you’ve got to do, so you just do it.â€

Quick said he hasn’t felt pressure to accelerate his return because so many teammates have been injured. “I’ve got a very strict timetable here. There aren’t really any shortcuts with this recovery,†he said. His first steps back, including cardio work, have been cautious. “It’s very light, very light resistance, just because it’s still trying to heal and you don’t want to reaggravate it,†he said. “t’s coming along. Slowly, but it’s coming along.â€

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013

Thanks for posting the link to that update.

Known for his remarkable flexibility and great power in his legs, Quick has had groin problems before. “It’s almost too much horsepower for a body,†Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi said, noting that Quick had been dealing with nagging groin problems but was diligent in taking care of himself before things went awry in the season opener.

“I told him, the reality is you’re looking at a player in his prime and there’s no way we’re going to use a short-term fix,†Lombardi said. “It’s like I told Jon and the doctors, ‘It’s up to us to deal with this. It’s part of the game and it’s up to your teammates to pick it up. And we are not taking a short-term look at this.’ The extreme was, I told the trainers and the doctors this, that if he has to sit out a whole year to get to 100 percent, then that’s what we’re going to do, particularly when youâ€re dealing with an injury like this.â€

123slam

Dec 28, 2006
Y'all missed the best quote, and best possible news:

That worst-case scenario is unlikely. “The one thing the doctors told me, if we pursue this course, that he’s going to come back better than he ever was,†Lombardi said. “That’s what I wanted to hear.â€

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Y'all missed the best quote, and best possible news:

That worst-case scenario is unlikely. “The one thing the doctors told me, if we pursue this course, that he’s going to come back better than he ever was,†Lombardi said. “That’s what I wanted to hear.â€

I didn't notice that, thanks. That's....insane.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Quick should take whatever time needed to get back to 100%, this team will hold the fort until then. Glancing at strength of schedule, the Kings have it a bit easier going forward as they have gotten a lot of the tougher match ups out of the way (and have been fairly successful).

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Quick practices in full gear, representing a step forward in his recovery

http://lakingsinsider.com/2017/02/02/quick-practices-full-gear-representing-step-forward-recovery/

In Newark last week, though, Lombardi noted that the timeline for Quick’s potential return was early March at the earliest. In any case, this isn’t any great divide, and there have been no setbacks; as noted above, it’s difficult to project an exact date months in advance.

“It’s the timeline we set – it’s dead on,†Darryl Sutter said. “This’ll be 11-12 week, and he’d be skating prior to February 1, and he’d be in full gear February 1, nd he is.â€

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad