Kings News: Via DL: Quick sidelined around 3 months (10/19)

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
I believe the Kings have had a successful run with back up goalies. No reason to think it cannot continue.
Scrivens played so well we got a 3rd round pick for the guy. Too bad he signed in the KHL

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
MRI is protocol with a lower body injury in the area he sustained it (or most sports injuries that require the athlete to leave the game), doesn't mean anything is torn, severely strained/sprained etc.

Please, baby Jesus, let this be something minor.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Quick probably out until December-January.

Can Zatkoff and the defense keep them from floating above water? That I don't know... there already were tons of question marks heading in to this season, this just adds even more uncertainty to this team.

But we're Kings fans who were long suffering before 2012 and 2014. This isn't anything new for most of us. We witnessed Stephane Fiset and Jamie Storr go down with long groin injuries, both in the same game against the Avalanche in '98 at The Great Western Forum, and they relied on Manny Legace and Ryan Bach. That team wound up missing the playoffs.

As bad as it may seem, I guess we could remind ourselves of how much worse things were. Sadly, that also reminds us of where this team could be headed. Oh the wonders of pro sports.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
While the blow to the Kings losing Quick long term is severe no NHL team has been able to drop in a goalie and have him put up career best numbers like the LA Kings. Wouldn't surprise me to see Zatkoff take the #1 job and be successful.

Last edited:

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
might be a blessing in disguise though, Quick out, LA is already terrible, we all know this, even the positive thinkers i mean, come on!

Setoguchi, Forbort, Greene, Gravel, Forbort, Clifford, Kind, Lewis, McNabb, Scuderi, Gilbert, Shore, Purcell, Andreoff, Nolan...i mean come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that is our team

so take a year off, get a high pick, retool

free up cap; King, Purcell, Setoguchi, Gilbert, Scuderi

clean house

sign Toffoli + Pearson long term

change your damn philosophy regarding pylons and grinders wins you cups

see you next season

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
might be a blessing in disguise though, Quick out, LA is already terrible, we all know this, even the positive thinkers i mean, come on!

Setoguchi, Forbort, Greene, Gravel, Forbort, Clifford, Kind, Lewis, McNabb, Scuderi, Gilbert, Shore, Purcell, Andreoff, Nolan...i mean come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that is our team

clean house

see you next season

Be careful. People might think you're giving up.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

clean house

see you next season

K, bye.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Is it time already to dust off the old "We Play For Last Place" banner?

80556002-deputy-commissioner-bill-daly-holds-up-nhl-gettyimages.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad