Kings News: Via DL: Quick sidelined around 3 months (10/19)

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
193l6t-296x197.jpg

tumblr_of0862F4JJ1twi2hjo1_500.gif

nwofoxhound

Jan 16, 2010
Ventura County, CA
Honestly, DL going for anyone would be a mess right now. We have no more picks to spare, we have no players to give us unless we make a dumb move. I think we should just ride it out and let the chips fall where they may.

Who knows, maybe sell off come trade deadline. Seeing as though Quick has injured his groin quite a bit, and isn't getting younger, what do you guys think he could fetch during the trade deadline?

At this point, we need to rebuild. The problem is, we have no one to replace Quick. Thanks for that abomination of a trade Deano.

We really did sell our souls for those two cups didn't we?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
No surgery
'

Lisa dillman ‏@reallisa 5m5 minutes ago

Jonathan Quick update
Per kings hockey ops - did not have surgery
Opted for a procedure yesterday that did not involve surgery

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
If the Kings were to sign a free agent goalie it would have to be at low numbers because the Kings don't have a lot of money under the cap.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
No surgery but a procedure sounds more knee imo. A scope generally takes 4-6 weeks if the recovery is good

dman3474

Feb 21, 2009
L.A.
If I wasn't lazy I would find the tweets from last year with Price, they probably say the same exact thing.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
at this point, there is no Quick for the season

if he comes back and plays a few games for us this year then that's a +

but don't expect him to be back, and have that type of mindset and waste time searching for tweets, rumors, or news about his condition, you'll be disappointed

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
No surgery
'

Lisa dillman ‏@reallisa 5m5 minutes ago

Jonathan Quick update
Per kings hockey ops - did not have surgery
Opted for a procedure yesterday that did not involve surgery

She later added, "Recovery and rehab aren't always predictable but Kings General Manger Dean Lombard said he is expecting Quick to be out 'about 3 months'."

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If I wasn't lazy I would find the tweets from last year with Price, they probably say the same exact thing.

Pretty much, there was a lot of dragging it out too, he wasn't announced 'out for the season' until april after his rehab didn't respond.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I found a neat journal article on this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3273884/

I wonder who the player one? It was published in Feb 2012, and it says the player was 26, 4 years into his career, with no prior groin problems. The player would be around 30 now. A couple images are from Colorado, maybe an Avalanche player?

Edit: It said still playing 7 years later, so maybe it happened in 2005-ish?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I found a neat journal article on this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3273884/

I wonder who the player one? It was published in Feb 2012, and it says the player was 26, 4 years into his career, with no prior groin problems. The player would be around 30 now. A couple images are from Colorado, maybe an Avalanche player?

Edit: It said still playing 7 years later, so maybe it happened in 2005-ish?

Well it said he was 26 at the time, 4 yrs in the NHL , and afterwards he went to 8 more years with the same team. But it didn't say if that was a team pre injury and a different one after or the same team for 12 yrs.

The individual in this case study has continued to play professional ice hockey for the same NHL team for the past eight seasons without recurrence of these symptoms.
Also this

The subject continued a maintenance stability warm-up program prior to on ice participation for the rest of the 2001-2002 NHL season.

So the article could have been in 2012 but the player /injury was in 2002.
But can't say when he was drafted or how long he was in the juniors/ AHL before the NHL career.

Somebody who was in his 12th year in 2010

Last edited:

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Clean tanking at the level of the 2015 NHL Draft, here we come! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Seriously, this is the best way the Kings give themselves a nice 50th Anniversary gift: a clean #1 overall draft pick.

:popcorn::naughty::nod::laugh:

By the time Quick comes back, that lottery pick position should be locked in.

Considering that the top 3 picks are chosen and this year Vegas will have the same odds as the number 3 team as well. There is no guarantee in picking before top 4. And when you look at the NBA draft history the lowest ranked team hasn't had the best of luck. And they use odds that favor that team even more than the NHL. So even finishing last isn't much of a guarantee.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
According to this, JQ listened and chose the non surgical option, and they confirmed it's the groin. Surgery (from another tweet) said he'd have lost the season.
Just have to hope the non surgical was the right path and not just because JQ didn't want to lose a year.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2016/10/19/no-surgery-for-quick-but-still-long-term-timetable/

I think it really doesn't matter. He doesn't do the surgery and might be able to come back. If not he has the surgery and still likely won't miss any time next year.
The big difference is what it does to the team. And I think how DL acts will tell us if he thinks the rehab will work or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad