Kings News: Via DL: Quick sidelined around 3 months (10/19)

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Not that I want to be gloom and doom but how many times can he tear in nearly the same spot and still keep playing?

I think Berube for like a 3rd could make sense.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
I want to apologize to everyone by antagonizing the Hockey Gods during the off season when I was talking about 1 key injury and we're in the lottery.

Man... Gaborik:broken foot, Pearson: suspended, Quick:Broken, Brown:Broken,

Had to sneak that last one in.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Not that I want to be gloom and doom but how many times can he tear in nearly the same spot and still keep playing?

Garth Snow should be avoided at all costs...

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Kings didn't do **** last postseason with a better roster. No need to keep putting band aids on a broken arm.

All draft picks for the next couple years should be locked in a vault and left untouched. Time to reload. The only way this team wins another Cup is by properly reloading over the next couple years.

Last edited:

KingsCourt

Aug 15, 2005
Kings didn't dn't do **** last postseason with a better roster. No need to keep putting band aids on a broken arm.

All draft picks for the next couple years should be locked in a vault and left untouched. Time to reload.

Yup.. We had too many years of bandaids

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Kings didn't do **** last postseason with a better roster. No need to keep putting band aids on a broken arm.

All draft picks for the next couple years should be locked in a vault and left untouched. Time to reload. The only way this team wins another Cup is by properly reloading over the next couple years.

Thankfully, I firmly believe Dean is onboard with this, RP. Quick going down will only reinforce this stance.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
And as much as I agree with you, I'd stay the course, steer the ship thru the storm. But if Lombardi feels this team can compete in the conference and potentiall go deep, as he's done over the last 2 years, he'll make a trade.
Now I think he's learned his lesson (at least I hope he has) that sacrificing youth and draft picks for a quick fix rarely works. But this question was posed to Bob McKenzie on the debut of his new podcast The Bobcast (takes questions from fans every other Friday ) and he felt since this will be months not weeks, if DL could get a low risk, low cost temporary acquisition for this year only, that would be an upgrade in the starter position, he'll do it. He felt the a guy like Pavelec would work because he's on the last yr of his deal and the Jets don't want to pay him 4M to be in the AHL. Also felt it wouldn't cost much at all.

I don't think Lombardi believes in the team enough anymore to do anything crazy. Why even bother with someone like Pavelec? I guess at 50% for a conditional 7th round picked based on if Pavelec wins every game he starts with the Kings, then ok, why not. The long term injured goalie thing is tough though. Montreal didn't replace Price last year. Nashville didn't do it with Rinne a few years ago. The Kings didn't do it, and they got a pick for Scrivens, and Jones saved the season.

Lombardi doesn't need to be giving up any actual asset. A 3rd for Berube? A 3rd seems like a lot for that. Get a guy literally for nothing? Go for it. How many veteran AHL guys are in Ontario because of the lack of young players coming up though? Yeah, no more trading picks.

Sink or swim with Zatkoff. If they suck, they suck. Nobody had high expectations this year anyway.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

Seeing how they got him for nothing, a 4th round pick would probably do it. The Kings know him as well as anyone.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
‏@darenmillard 17m17 minutes ago
Latest on @JonathanQuick32 Bad groin injury. Surgery a real possibility. @LAKings looking at 3 to 4 months w/o #1 goalie.

jonw.gif

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
If you look quickly, the eyes in the regular smiley face look like they move a fraction of an inch to the left and right and sometimes up and down (maybe it's an equilibrium issue w me?), yet they are completely stationary.

I've caught myself holding my iPad like 2 inches from my face several times over the past week or so to see if they move. And they don't lol

Random digression, sorry! :) <-- eyes aren't moving!!

Nizar

Mar 4, 2013
Pavelec is UFA after this year with a cap hit of 3,9 million. He sucks and is probably not much better than Budaj.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Don't forget the Vegas effect here. Any top goalie they trade for could be lost in the expansion draft. So you really don't want to acquire somebody like Markstrom in Vancouver (just throwing out a name)cause he could be selected by Vegas and the Kings have another trade where they retained no players long term. Pavelec could be ideal in that he's never played for a team as good defensively as the Kings, he played in a high pressure Canadian market, comes to LA with ZERO media or fan pressure. He could walk around LA and nobody would know or care who he is. Off to a good start in Manitoba, 1.86 GAA and .946 save percentage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad