Confirmed Trade: [VAN/NYR] Vitaly Kravtsov for William Lockwood and 2026 7th round pick

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Yes they made room for NYr by taking the VK contract. The Canucks are not retaining salary on a future Kane deal as some NYR fans have hoped for.
Woosh.

No, I'm saying Paterson is trying to report (by not specifying cap space to facilitate Kane to elsewhere, like New York) that Vancouver is trying to trade for Kane, proper. as out of context, that is what the words he used actually mean. Because he's not competent.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Woosh.

No, I'm saying Paterson is trying to report (by not specifying cap space to facilitate Kane to elsewhere, like New York) that Vancouver is trying to trade for Kane, proper. as out of context, that is what the words he used actually mean. Because he's not competent.
I was responding the poster who asked for a source that there was reports in the media of the Canucks retaining on a Kane trade.
It’s being reported that Van is the 3rd team involved in the Kane trade to retain cap, so it certainly feels like this was all part of one major deal (albeit transacted separately for cap accrual purposes).

I guess we’ll see what Van gets out of the official Kane trade tomorrow (or Wednesday). Seems like the going rate for that amount of cap space is a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Woosh.

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Not necessarily. I am a Shakespeare professor. Forsooth and what not. :)
So when you get into a disagreement on these boards I’d love you to say “It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Don’t say that in a bar though.

• Haha
Reactions: smoneil

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I was responding the poster who asked for a source that there was reports in the media of the Canucks retaining on a Kane trade.
I used the term "out of context" as to why Paterson is not competent. I seems that I as well should not strive to be a Canucks insider, bringing shame on my house like this.

Unless the Canucks some how don't get Kane, then I will some how feel vindicated, laughing at Paterson, regardless of what it had to do with the original conversation I interupted.

Reactions: Brent Burns Beard

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
So when you get into a disagreement on these boards I’d love you to say “It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Don’t say that in a bar though.

It's the perfect line to say in a bar. Macbeth gets decapitated like 3 scenes later. Just don't want to say it around anyone who was from their mother's womb untimely ripped, haha.

Reactions: The Real JT

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
I'm sure Kravtsov trade is linked to Canucks retention on the Kane deal. The abysmal return is too good to be true for Allvin. lets wait and see.
Not necessarily. There reportedly wasn't much of a market for Kravtsov. Both sides knew Krav wasn't re-signing with NYR, and the Rangers had to move that cap hit ASAP. They ran out of time. The "you have to take what you can get when you have no real options" bell tolls for the Rangers just as much as it does for the Blackhawks.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Not necessarily. There reportedly wasn't much of a market for Kravtsov. Both sides knew Krav wasn't re-signing with NYR, and the Rangers had to move that cap hit ASAP. They ran out of time. The "you have to take what you can get when you have no real options" bell tolls for the Rangers just as much as it does for the Blackhawks.
Wow, I stand corrected. Canucks utterly fleeced the Rangers.

Reactions: smoneil

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Wow, I stand corrected. Canucks utterly fleeced the Rangers.

Possibly. If so, it happens. The Rangers had moved on from Kane and made their move with Tarasenko. They were negotiating with Vancouver as if they had several months of time. I'm guessing he would have been moved at the draft for a 2023 3rd rounder or a 2024 2nd rounder if the situation hadn't changed. But they Kane forced the issue and the Rangers realized they could get Tarasenko AND Kane, but they had to scramble to create the cap space first. Suddenly there was an urgency and a quick deadline to make that happen. It put all of the leverage on Vancouver's side of the ledger. This whole situation illustrates the reality that trade "value" is as much (or more) about situation as it is about any individual player.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern. Honest question buddy. In your mind, have you ever been wrong? Because it clearly seems as if you were wrong on this one.
Only God is perfect, including as to extent of an attempted definition [attempted because that which is defined is usually limited, and God cannot be limited]. However, a nice consolation prize, being that we reap what we sow, is that we may achieve a standard of excellence which, while not actually perfect, may be technically flawless.

Because there is no virtue or upside in being wrong, and spreading misinformation, I endeavor to always be factually correct. I don't get it all right all the time, but my track record demonstrates I get it way more right than wrong. Before you or anyone else jumps down my throat on that, let us remember that player evaluations, initially subjective, may be held to account on a more objective post facto standard. Trades are different, as there is more subjective opinion as to market value of a player and whether or not in a particular situation to hold out for above/below 'market value', presuming that there is enough consensus to such.

Just in recent memory, I said NY should not have picked Lias then said unload him for what best we could get, which thankfully we did; we should take care with Chytil, and I was proven right there when some wanted to move him; ditto Kakko, and LaF. I said we should have kept Nils L, but if there was a high enough pick, returning no cap, then yes, that would be ok. On all of these I am correct.

I will be proven correct about Krav as well, and in any event, we should not have pissed his 9OA value away.
Here is some independent corroboration:

I hope I am wrong, but giving Krav away and taking on vet rentals we will not keep, is gonna cost us. If we win the Cup it will be in spite of, not because of, these moves. Significantly, this win now bullshit, which is not effective as it deletes a team of assets, usually younger, cost effective ones, is a false sugar high that, whether the team is improved in the short term or not, historically it almost always falls short of a championship, making such moves a loser.

As to your bolded comment, "buddy" -- I do not consider you a friend to either me, or us all, for reasons you are doubtless aware of.
Anytime you want to have a public debate about that without you behind your cloak of mod status, just say so. The choice is yours.
And as to your ask, I reply judge not, lest ye be judged, for you will be judged by the very standards you yourself have set.

I am unbowed, unbroken, and unrepentant in my defiance of those who would subjugate me to their perceived but erroneous claim of conventional wisdom.

I am happy to let my record speak for itself as long as there is a fair and accurate measuring stick with all, or at least a significant, amount of the facts available.

And as to you choosing to question me, when you can demonstrate that you are smart enough to the equivalent achievement of creating a theory that will restructure the international monetary system, and solve many of the problems of the world (as I have and which is at embryonic stages of academic review-> validation), when you can show such achievement, then you get to talk about my intelligence/judgement.

In the meantime, consider yourself rebuffed.
Or if you prefer, berned.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Possibly. If so, it happens. The Rangers had moved on from Kane and made their move with Tarasenko. They were negotiating with Vancouver as if they had several months of time. I'm guessing he would have been moved at the draft for a 2023 3rd rounder or a 2024 2nd rounder if the situation hadn't changed. But they Kane forced the issue and the Rangers realized they could get Tarasenko AND Kane, but they had to scramble to create the cap space first. Suddenly there was an urgency and a quick deadline to make that happen. It put all of the leverage on Vancouver's side of the ledger. This whole situation illustrates the reality that trade "value" is as much (or more) about situation as it is about any individual player.
I respect your opinion, and am on record as to not agreeing with basic win now theory

the pt is not "it happens".
My pt is, IT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN, as waste is never productive, and the greater the value of the asset wasted, the worse the repercussions.
THAT is the pt.
This was an unforced error that was unnecessary and avoidable.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
Because there is no virtue or upside in being wrong, and spreading misinformation, I endeavor to always be factually correct. I don't get it all right all the time, but my track record demonstrates I get it way more right than wrong. Before you or anyone else jumps down my throat on that, let us remember that player evaluations, initially subjective, may be held to account on a more objective post facto standard. Trades are different, as there is more subjective opinion as to market value of a player and whether or not in a particular situation to hold out for above/below 'market value', presuming that there is enough consensus to such.

Just in recent memory, I said NY should not have picked Lias then said unload him for what best we could get, which thankfully we did; we should take care with Chytil, and I was proven right there when some wanted to move him; ditto Kakko, and LaF. I said we should have kept Nils L, but if there was a high enough pick, returning no cap, then yes, that would be ok. On all of these I am correct.

I will be proven correct about Krav as well, and in any event, we should not have pissed his 9OA value away.
Here is some independent corroboration:

I hope I am wrong, but giving Krav away and taking on vet rentals we will not keep, is gonna cost us. If we win the Cup it will be in spite of, not because of, these moves. Significantly, this win now bullshit, which is not effective as it deletes a team of assets, usually younger, cost effective ones, is a false sugar high that, whether the team is improved in the short term or not, historically it almost always falls short of a championship, making such moves a loser.

As to your bolded comment, "buddy" -- I do not consider you a friend to either me, or us all, for reasons you are doubtless aware of.
Anytime you want to have a public debate about that without you behind your cloak of mod status, just say so. The choice is yours.
And as to your ask, I reply judge not, lest ye be judged, for you will be judged by the very standards you yourself have set.

I am unbowed, unbroken, and unrepentant in my defiance of those who would subjugate me to their perceived but erroneous claim of conventional wisdom.

I am happy to let my record speak for itself as long as there is a fair and accurate measuring stick with all, or at least a significant, amount of the facts available.

And as to you choosing to question me, when you can demonstrate that you are smart enough to the equivalent achievement of creating a theory that will restructure the international monetary system, and solve many of the problems of the world (as I have and which is at embryonic stages of academic review-> validation), when you can show such achievement, then you get to talk about my intelligence/judgement.

In the meantime, consider yourself rebuffed.
Or if you prefer, berned.
I’d say that this could be brilliant performance art, but I don’t think your ego could handle any more inflation. There is also no virtue or upside in denying the fallibility of your own thinking.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I’d say that this could be brilliant performance art, but I don’t think your ego could handle any more inflation. There is also no virtue or upside in denying the fallibility of your own thinking.
You are entitled to your opinion, and otherwise fair enuf, but
if what I said was true it would mean it was corroborated by facts or others.

I assure you, what I said about hoping to make a difference academically is true and can be substantiated.

In any event, I am not the instigator here.
I was insulted, defended myself, and pushed back with an appropriate comeuppance.
Would you deny me the same right you would have were you in my shoes?

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
How did he look in his 8 minutes?
Did he pull the Kravtsov move?
Did he fall down 5 times?
WE NEED TO KNOW!

Reactions: bernmeister

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Did NYR get fleeced though?

I mean, if Kravtsov is such a diamond in rough, surely team's like Montreal or San Jose could have made better offers being Gorton/Bobrov and Mike Grier are very familiar with the player and manage teams in need of cheap, young talent. No?

Or maybe the kid is a bust and Vanccouver is his last gasp of air before joining Krill Kabanov back in the Motherland.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Did NYR get fleeced though?

I mean, if Kravtsov is such a diamond in rough, surely team's like Montreal or San Jose could have made better offers being Gorton/Bobrov and Mike Grier are very familiar with the player and manage teams in need of cheap, young talent. No?

Or maybe the kid is a bust and Vanccouver is his last gasp of air before joining Krill Kabanov back in the Motherland.
da kid is not yet a bust
imo this is the likely explanation for how things shook out:

reality is also Francis getting the lesser of the deal and Rod Gilbert, rest his soul, directly told me personally that he did that because he could, and wanted to send a message to the club that he could. In reality Ratelle not worth less than Espo, and Park >>> Vadnais, who was not chopped liver.

Same here.
Drury sending a direct message to VK
and an indirect message to the club.

Like I explain in my primer on my theory how to restructure the international monetary system, all laws, economic and otherwise, are subservient to the conditions that create and maintain them.

Yes, the RULE is
profit motivates multiple bidders
such buyers present offers
seller accepts the highest [or best] one
many bids = high competition drives up the price
low bids = reciprocal

but as that Ratelle + Park trade and this one evidences, there are exceptions to almost every rule

And btw, he who has the most toys when he dies, does not win.
He just has an embarrassingly high accumulation of toys.

--------
Given the above the kid is not a bust until he demonstrates such.
There were political issues here [by which I mean other than 111% pure hockey]
which resulted in Rs jerking Krav around, not developing him, and kicking the can down the road.
All that being avoidable and unnecessary is on Drury

His last card to play was to retain Krav rfa rights, sign him, get a fresh start next yr.
But noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
had to give idiot c GG his toys, first carpenter and then leshitshow.
He backed himself into a corner with squeezing every nickel for Tara + Kane, and unless we win the cup, it wiill be wrong, wrong, wrong.

We DO have OUTSIDE shot at the cup, but we gotta get past both Bs + Avs, among others, and that is a winnable but EXTREMELY uphill fight.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
So much agonizing over this spoiled kid who once again showed up at camp this year in less than stellar condition. The Rangers kept him around yes but 3 of the first 4 games he played this year he left early with injury from some pretty unremarkable hits and he didn't come back. Ryan Lindgren he is not. Some of us were thinking why dress this guy if he's only going to take a couple shifts......get hurt and not finish the game.

He did get in 28 games--a number of them with Trocheck and Panarin and 3 goals on 26 shots which is a par for the course number of goals to shots. Panarin is pretty much a set up guy and Vitali did not take much advantage of that and part of the problem was he wasn't driving the net, he wasn't winning puck battles, he was hesitant and he was on the perimeter of play a lot or at least when he was in the offensive zone.

He is spoiled but it's not like he's a bad guy but he definitely needs to get his head out of his ass. In this his D+5 year he's accumulated 5 goals and 5 assists in 48 NHL games spanning two seasons. For us he pretty much was just a distraction. It might help going to another team particularly one that's trying to get back to respectability. I don't know what Rick Tocchet is like as a coach but I could see some tough love to light a fire under his ass. I mean Tocchet was one ferocious hockey player.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
So much agonizing over this spoiled kid who once again showed up at camp this year in less than stellar condition. The Rangers kept him around yes but 3 of the first 4 games he played this year he left early with injury from some pretty unremarkable hits and he didn't come back. Ryan Lindgren he is not. Some of us were thinking why dress this guy if he's only going to take a couple shifts......get hurt and not finish the game.

He did get in 28 games--a number of them with Trocheck and Panarin and 3 goals on 26 shots which is a par for the course number of goals to shots. Panarin is pretty much a set up guy and Vitali did not take much advantage of that and part of the problem was he wasn't driving the net, he wasn't winning puck battles, he was hesitant and he was on the perimeter of play a lot or at least when he was in the offensive zone.

He is spoiled but it's not like he's a bad guy but he definitely needs to get his head out of his ass. In this his D+5 year he's accumulated 5 goals and 5 assists in 48 NHL games spanning two seasons. For us he pretty much was just a distraction. It might help going to another team particularly one that's trying to get back to respectability. I don't know what Rick Tocchet is like as a coach but I could see some tough love to light a fire under his ass. I mean Tocchet was one ferocious hockey player.
I had an open mind about him with bread, but after coupla games it was clear to me the correct combo was
Kreider - Tro - Krav

they gave him 1 count it ONE game w/that line, which looked very good,
then they shut him down

blame here is not a 1 way street,
but imo it is more on the club

what little half hearted attempt at catch up which was pursued was not in earnest.
And you will never be able to sell me that Krav did not deserve to play over Dryden Hunt, LeShitshow, and a coupla others.

As fans we have to live w/mgmt good and bad, for better or worse, but we don't have to shut up and not call them out when the foul up is this egregious.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
He was pretty unnoticeable in the first game. This game he looked really great. Flying in both directions working hard made some nice plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2