Confirmed Trade: [VAN/NYR] Vitaly Kravtsov for William Lockwood and 2026 7th round pick

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Huh....they have to drag Podz off the ice at the end of practise...the Canuck players call him one of the hardest working and most eager to learn players they have ever seen...I don't think one lazy teammate that has been mishandled by his previous team will change that..

I misread the intent of the post because I’m not familiar with Podz reputation (sounds awesome, I like his overall style of game but don’t know him the way a Nucks fan would). I didn’t realize the intent was for Podz to whip Kravtsov into shape and it was mostly a tongue in cheek comment about Kravtsov being lazy.

Last edited:

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
someone gave me a ha ha for my post at #542

I stand by what I said
Drury had the wood for this guy from the get go, he wouldn't bend over, and after CD painted himself into a corner, we got zero on both a wasted pick and a terrible in return

again, bern right, drury wrong
This is some next level revisionist history. You projected Kravzov as the Rangers 1C in 2022-23. I remember it vividly in multiple posts you made from 2 years ago. It's almost impressive how wrong you were, but it's even more impressive how you're still convinced you weren't wrong. Just like most people, you're right about some predictions you make and wrong about others. But when you make such bold, outlandish projections, like this one with Kravzov as the Rangers 1C, you have to take accountability when you're wrong or else you lose credibility. And that is exactly what happened here.

When you admit you were dead wrong about Kravzov being a top-6C, never-mind a top-line C, never mind a C at all in the NHL, then maybe people will give you some more respect when you make outlandish and ridiculous projections. Sometimes I even agree with parts of your opinions, but the way you present them so arrogantly makes it almost impossible to respect them.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020

Note; Kravtsov was a top CENTRE as a junior at both the U20 Four Nations and WJC, but the insanely talented development department of both the Rangers and the Canucks have, more or less, exclusively play(ed) him as a winger. Maybe, just maybe, they should try him at a position he thrived at late in his development and see if he excels. What have they got to lose; a dented ego in their coaching staff or development department?​

Kravtsov, " played center for the Russians at the U20 Four Nations tournament this past November in Honodin, CZE. Kravtsov also has experience at the center position in the MHL, where he was used as a center out of necessity, as well as his skill allowing him to be more involved in the play as a center. Kravtsov also played as a center at the WJC earlier this year, recording six points (2G, 4A) in seven games as his unique playmaking ability and high hockey IQ allowed him to acclimate to playing an unfamiliar position and succeeding. "​

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006

Note; Kravtsov was a top CENTRE as a junior at both the U20 Four Nations and WJC, but the insanely talented development department of both the Rangers and the Canucks have, more or less, exclusively play(ed) him as a winger. Maybe, just maybe, they should try him at a position he thrived at late in his development and see if he excels. What have they got to lose; a dented ego in their coaching staff or development department?​

Kravtsov, " played center for the Russians at the U20 Four Nations tournament this past November in Honodin, CZE. Kravtsov also has experience at the center position in the MHL, where he was used as a center out of necessity, as well as his skill allowing him to be more involved in the play as a center. Kravtsov also played as a center at the WJC earlier this year, recording six points (2G, 4A) in seven games as his unique playmaking ability and high hockey IQ allowed him to acclimate to playing an unfamiliar position and succeeding. "​

thats a long time and many bad decisions ago. Currently, in interviews at least, his confidence is at rock bottom, his play on ice is soso, flashing good instinct on the defensive end, but pretty much nothing on offense. If the canucks keep playing him less than 10 mins with another struggling player, these will be his last 13 games in NA.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
thats a long time and many bad decisions ago. Currently, in interviews at least, his confidence is at rock bottom, his play on ice is soso, flashing good instinct on the defensive end, but pretty much nothing on offense. If the canucks keep playing him less than 10 mins with another struggling player, these will be his last 13 games in NA.

Certainly his confidence has nothing to do with playing a position where he is supposed to Seal the boards and get the puck out along the boards when his actual strengths are all about tracking the puck back to his zone thru the middle and making creative plays through the middle in the offensive zone.

It surprises me that others don't see it, Kravtsov plays like a lesser version of EP40 and should be shifted to Centre.

Maybe then his confidence will pick up.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Certainly his confidence has nothing to do with playing a position where he is supposed to Seal the boards and get the puck out along the boards when his actual strengths are all about tracking the puck back to his zone thru the middle and making creative plays through the middle in the offensive zone.

It surprises me that others don't see it, Kravtsov plays like a lesser version of EP40 and should be shifted to Centre.

on the canucks board, I suggested giving him every opportunity to succeed in these remaining 13 games, play him at center, play him with EP, just play him... it seems very few is onboard.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013

Honestly I agree hes better suited for C but he's not a top-6C, he just doesn't have the consistent game-in-game-out two way presence required to be a top-6C in the league. Reminds me of a Joe Colbourne type, great hands and size but simply just not a consistent offensive force and not strong enough defensively to make up for it. I like him and think he could be a decent complimentary piece on a scoring line, but he isn't a top-6C and he certainly isn't a 1C lol. Maybe he becomes a good 3C on a scoring line or 2B centre if there is another middle-6C that handles the defensive responsibilities, but that seems like a very specific situation. Either way, bottom-line is he isn't a top-6 C and he isn't some hidden top-line forward that his draft position (and Bernmiester) seemed to indicate.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014

Funny how the chat room expert knows more than multiple coaches that see him in practice and games on a daily basis. Maybe he’s been given a look and he doesn’t measure up. To assume NHL coaches are willfully not putting a player in the best position for him to succeed (and help the team succeed) seems naive.

Reactions: sting101 and Mandar

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This is some next level revisionist history. You projected Kravzov as the Rangers 1C in 2022-23. I remember it vividly in multiple posts you made from 2 years ago. It's almost impressive how wrong you were, but it's even more impressive how you're still convinced you weren't wrong. Just like most people, you're right about some predictions you make and wrong about others. But when you make such bold, outlandish projections, like this one with Kravzov as the Rangers 1C, you have to take accountability when you're wrong or else you lose credibility. And that is exactly what happened here.

When you admit you were dead wrong about Kravzov being a top-6C, never-mind a top-line C, never mind a C at all in the NHL, then maybe people will give you some more respect when you make outlandish and ridiculous projections. Sometimes I even agree with parts of your opinions, but the way you present them so arrogantly makes it almost impossible to respect them.
Your erroneous misrepresentation of what I said is repudiated.
What I actually said was NY should be trying Krav at pivot since he did well/well enuf there in high level international competition.

R mgmt failed to develop him at all, let alone properly at any F position, let alone at C.

I was bullish on THE POTENTIAL of Krav, but as is clear from my track record, I did not guarantee him being 1C, as you indicate in paraphrasing.

I do NOT ever make any of the guarantees you ascribe since I cannot be certain NYR mgmt will undertake, let alone, execute, the correct thing.

My track record shows this is the truth.

When I am actually wrong, I have no prob admitting it.
But not as to misrepresentative bs like you are spewing in an effort to sling mud.

There were some who overrated Krav, and said he was elite like in the class of McD.
I never went there.

I said he reminds me of a Jean Ratelle type, based on great skating, vision, passing and some related ability. But I never said this was a McDavid or similar slam dunk who only had to show up and didn't need development.
Quite the contrary, I pleaded for R mgmt to move useless vets like Strome and some scrub deadwood, all of which did not fit/help our long term plans, just to create mins for Krav.

Again, my track record speaks to this truth.

You may issue your retraction at your earliest convenience.

Yes, but is this on the player or on stupidity of Drury and R mgmt for not listening to bern and not developing him.

The raw material IS OBVIOUSLY there.
NY effed up accessing it.

Good luck to VAN w/dat

Reactions: EdJovanovski

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Funny how the chat room expert knows more than multiple coaches that see him in practice and games on a daily basis. Maybe he’s been given a look and he doesn’t measure up. To assume NHL coaches are willfully not putting a player in the best position for him to succeed (and help the team succeed) seems naive.
read my post #542
political shit can be a real thing
it was for Rangers when they traded Park + Ratelle
and it was in this instance w/VK

kiss my effin ass, Cat Francis
bite me Drury, bite me

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
read my post #542
political shit can be a real thing
it was for Rangers when they traded Park + Ratelle
and it was in this instance w/VK

kiss my effin ass, Cat Francis
bite me Drury, bite me
And yet another team/coaching staff has him as a winger. Only now he’s even less productive (although it’s a ridiculously small sample size). Maybe he has talent. But he wouldn’t be the first player to lack the drive and big league IQ to utilize that talent in the show. If that’s the case it’s just as much on him as it is the numerous coaches that have worked with him.

At some point the player needs to be held responsible for their own success or lack there of.

He was traded for a disappointing return because, quite frankly, that’s all he’s worth. Maybe he’ll wake up and find another year, maybe he won’t. That’s his responsibility

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Your erroneous misrepresentation of what I said is repudiated.
What I actually said was NY should be trying Krav at pivot since he did well/well enuf there in high level international competition.

R mgmt failed to develop him at all, let alone properly at any F position, let alone at C.

I was bullish on THE POTENTIAL of Krav, but as is clear from my track record, I did not guarantee him being 1C, as you indicate in paraphrasing.

I do NOT ever make any of the guarantees you ascribe since I cannot be certain NYR mgmt will undertake, let alone, execute, the correct thing.

My track record shows this is the truth.

When I am actually wrong, I have no prob admitting it.
But not as to misrepresentative bs like you are spewing in an effort to sling mud.

There were some who overrated Krav, and said he was elite like in the class of McD.
I never went there.

I said he reminds me of a Jean Ratelle type, based on great skating, vision, passing and some related ability. But I never said this was a McDavid or similar slam dunk who only had to show up and didn't need development.
Quite the contrary, I pleaded for R mgmt to move useless vets like Strome and some scrub deadwood, all of which did not fit/help our long term plans, just to create mins for Krav.

Again, my track record speaks to this truth.

You may issue your retraction at your earliest convenience.

Yes, but is this on the player or on stupidity of Drury and R mgmt for not listening to bern and not developing him.

The raw material IS OBVIOUSLY there.
NY effed up accessing it.

Good luck to VAN w/dat
You said multiple times he should be played at 1C and made multiple roster projections with him at 1C. I never said you guaranteed he would be McDavid level lol, that would be absurd. You were wrong about projecting him as a top-6C. You can admit it whenever you’re ready. It would be like if I pencilled some bottom-6 winger as a top-line C in every hypothetical roster and then when he was traded for scraps I said ‘I’m right, that’s my truth, I never guaranteed anything’. Love when you talk about your track record as if you didn’t project Kravtzov at 1C for over a year there. And you did the same with Boo Nieves lol. Some track record you got evaluating talent. You overrate the hell out of certain players based on potential and it blinds you. Everyone makes mistakes, just other people can admit when they were way too high on certain prospects and you just don’t have it in you

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Lockwood will end up playing more NHL games than Kravtsov (and that's not saying much). Rangers whiffed on this pick but the usual handful of bizarro Rangers fans honed in on this guy making this more interesting that it is.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Kravtsov can pout and blame the NYR organization but he needs to take a hard look in the mirror and realize that in order to be a regular NHL player, he's going to have to take training serious.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Turns out...Kravtsov might actually just not be a very good NHL player. The calls to try him at Center are funny to me. One of his biggest weaknesses is in the way he struggles when he has to physically engage defensively. He just routinely gets straight up outbattled. But people want to see him put in a situation where that's an even bigger part of his role?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Kravtsov can pout and blame the NYR organization but he needs to take a hard look in the mirror and realize that in order to be a regular NHL player, he's going to have to take training serious.

It seems like this might be the biggest problem with Kravtsov's development. You can see it in interviews with the guy, where he just doesn't seem to have an ounce of critical self reflection capability. You really have to be able to self-evaluate if you're going to be a successful NHL hockey player. Teams are going to provide guidance because it's in their interest to do so...but they just cannot babysit a prospect and hold their hand entirely through the process. They have to be able to self-assess and self-motivate to some degree.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Obviously he has talent but not enough that he can take soft ice in games and not be forceful. I haven't seen an ability to get to the middle of the ice on puck and his shot has seen more flubs and miss fires than anything of a sniper.

Has a good frame but is weak on his stick. The issue is his development years are basically over and nobody knows what VK is at the NHL level.

Given the Russian contingent on the Canucks and the fact they traded for him I suppose they give him a shot to win a job at camp but without a statement off season I suspect he will be in the KHL by 24/25.

For the price no loss if it doesn't work out and for Krav it's a good opportunity and situation to make some impact. Based off his body of work he's trending out

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
He needs a big summer of development.

Tochett mentioned he wants some guys to stay in Vancouver over the summer to train. Im almost certain he is talking about Kravstov.

He oozes skill and offensive awareness, he needs to get stronger.

Currently he is being Centred by Sheldon Dries, which is also not ideal.

If he develops and earns it, he might have a better offensive role next season as wingers like Boeser Garland Beuvaillier are primed to get traded.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
He needs a big summer of development.

Instead of going to Hartford and working on rounding out his game, he pouted and went back to Russia. He hasn't developed as he should have because he's an entitled little bitch who was spoiled by his wealthy parents.

Reactions: Musampa

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3