Confirmed Trade: [VAN/NYR] Vitaly Kravtsov for William Lockwood and 2026 7th round pick

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
This trade has nothing to do with the Kane trade. This is just wishful justification for NYR fans.
This has everything to do with the Kane trade. If Kane was not a target, Kravtsov would not have been rushed out the door.

NYR could have kept him and let him go back to Russia whilst keeping his rights. They could have waited to until the draft and traded him there.

NYR were never getting Hoglander or any other roster player because the purpose of the trade was to clear cap space.

Bringing a cap space back in a trade defeats the purpose of letting Kravtsov go now. I was either lose him for free on waivers or try and get anything in a trade.

He head back to Russia next season anyway.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
This has everything to do with the Kane trade. If Kane was not a target, Kravtsov would not have been rushed out the door.

NYR could have kept him and let him go back to Russia whilst keeping his rights. They could have waited to until the draft and traded him there.

NYR were never getting Hoglander or any other roster player because the purpose of the trade was to clear cap space.

Bringing a cap space back in a trade defeats the purpose of letting Kravtsov go now. I was either lose him for free on waivers or try and get anything in a trade.

Apologies for the confusion, please allow me to rephrase.

This trade is not a precursor to the Canucks retaining cap on a Kane deal to NYR.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
The Rangers are cutting it so close that they're played down two players today so that they wouldn't have to risk them being injured before they could be sent down temporarily tomorrow, just so that they can accumulate some pro-rated space before the deadline.
Wow that’s crazy. Still think this deal is distinct from a Kane retain deal but I can see the logic now.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

“whilst”

Well done sir but I think your overestimating your audience.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Are you saying that by dealing him earlier than the deadline they’ll save the pro-rated cap? What is that like 1/100th of Kravstov’s salary? How could that $10K really make a difference?
Yes because it not only stopped the 1/62 of Kravtsov’s salary but also stopped the accumulation of the 1/63, 1/64 etc… moving forward. The Rangers have a razor thin margin to add Kane and Drury’s could be adding one more additional piece. Every cent is significant.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Canucks have been down the reclamation road many times over the past decade, with minimal success. This one is a little different, I'm not sure how you can say a guy won';t succeed at the NHl level based on 48 games of 12 mins a night ice time. Most likely doesn't amount to much, but this is a good gamble for the Canucks.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
Apologies for the confusion, please allow me to rephrase.

This trade is not a precursor to the Canucks retaining cap on a Kane deal to NYR.
It’s being reported that Van is the 3rd team involved in the Kane trade to retain cap, so it certainly feels like this was all part of one major deal (albeit transacted separately for cap accrual purposes).

I guess we’ll see what Van gets out of the official Kane trade tomorrow (or Wednesday). Seems like the going rate for that amount of cap space is a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Reactions: DeltaSwede

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
It’s being reported that Van is the 3rd team involved in the Kane trade to retain cap, so it certainly feels like this was all part of one major deal (albeit transacted separately for cap accrual purposes).

I guess we’ll see what Van gets out of the official Kane trade tomorrow (or Wednesday). Seems like the going rate for that amount of cap space is a 3rd or 4th rounder.
Source?

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
not to burst any bubbles, but jpat has been refused media accreditation by the canucks all season.

he has zero sources on the team.

Brent Burns Beard