Confirmed Trade: [VAN/NYR] Vitaly Kravtsov for William Lockwood and 2026 7th round pick

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Personally I was ready to move on from this guy when he went back to his homeland the second time. We drafted him at 6'4 186 and he's still 6'4 186 five years later. He has a lot of skill but you don't get anywhere with the attitude that you can just throw your skates on the ice and that will suffice. No one really makes it if they don't put in the time and the effort and really work for it. He does have a sense of where he should be defensively but I agree with the poster who says he gets routinely outbattled and in the NHL that ain't good. For us this year he got injured and left the game for good early in 3 of his first 4 games. He was way too much on the perimeter of action which is one reason he didn't work out with Panarin because Artemi does a lot of his stuff from the perimeter.....the difference being Panarin can make that shit work for him. But no way two guys on the perimeter on the same line works.

It will be interesting to see how Vitali does in Vancouver because if somebody can get through to him and get him going he could become a very good player. We couldn't do it but that doesn't mean that somebody else won't or the lightbulb will finally go on in his own head. Whatever...I don't think he's going to be a top line forward but I do think he could become a very good middle 6 but he's going to have to really want it and so far he just hasn't shown he wants it enough.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Personally I was ready to move on from this guy when he went back to his homeland the second time. We drafted him at 6'4 186 and he's still 6'4 186 five years later. He has a lot of skill but you don't get anywhere with the attitude that you can just throw your skates on the ice and that will suffice. No one really makes it if they don't put in the time and the effort and really work for it. He does have a sense of where he should be defensively but I agree with the poster who says he gets routinely outbattled and in the NHL that ain't good. For us this year he got injured and left the game for good early in 3 of his first 4 games. He was way too much on the perimeter of action which is one reason he didn't work out with Panarin because Artemi does a lot of his stuff from the perimeter.....the difference being Panarin can make that shit work for him. But no way two guys on the perimeter on the same line works.

It will be interesting to see how Vitali does in Vancouver because if somebody can get through to him and get him going he could become a very good player. We couldn't do it but that doesn't mean that somebody else won't or the lightbulb will finally go on in his own head. Whatever...I don't think he's going to be a top line forward but I do think he could become a very good middle 6 but he's going to have to really want it and so far he just hasn't shown he wants it enough.
Think he could become a player in Vancouver because he is surrounded with some good coaches and mentors like Sedins plus Podkolzin, Mikheyev and Kuzmenko will probably help him out

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The Canucks have no shot at the playoffs, so instead of giving Kravtsov 4th line minutes, why not play him alongside Pettersson for the rest of the season, and give the kid an opportunity to succeed?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
The Canucks have no shot at the playoffs, so instead of giving Kravtsov 4th line minutes, why not play him alongside Pettersson for the rest of the season, and give the kid an opportunity to succeed?
They aren't trying to incease Kravtsov's value for a trade, they are trying to make him a quality hockey player, so they aren't gifting any minutes to anyone in the bottom six, though Kravstov is getting PP2 time.
Guys like Kravstov, Podkolzin, Studnicka, Raaty, Hoglander are all being put through a meritocratic ladder right now.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Think he could become a player in Vancouver because he is surrounded with some good coaches and mentors like Sedins plus Podkolzin, Mikheyev and Kuzmenko will probably help him out

He could. Sometimes a player needs some real adversity for him to wake up and maybe being traded will qualify as adversity for Vitali. Despite what some might think about the Rangers---we've gone from being in the dumps to a very good team in a relatively short period of time. One poster might say that the Rangers are lackadaisical about training and fitness or that we can't develop young players but it doesn't really make a lot of sense. No team that wins as much as the Rangers have the last couple years is out of shape. The kids we have on offense don't get the same opportunities as kids on other teams and we have one of the youngest defense in the league which is also one of the best defense groups.

FWIW I didn't expect Vitali to go to Vancouver this year at the deadline and blow off the doors. We weren't really holding him back and he has the same issues now that he had with us and basically he's not done a good job of preparing himself physically for the rigors of playing in the NHL. He is a weak. He is the same size pretty much that he was when we drafted him over 5 years ago. It works somewhat for the KHL. It doesn't work for the NHL. He needs to get stronger and put on some weight and for the Canucks that process of getting him there (if they can) starts this summer. The tale of the tape just might be what he does in the off season to prepare himself for next year. IMO his home country and the KHL has become a crutch for him....somewhere he could go back to whenever shit didn't go his way. He needs to throw away that crutch if he's going to be an NHL player. He needs to take his physical fitness and training seriously. He wouldn't do it with us.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He likes to piss off tocchet
Got benched twice for not reaching center ice On just sheer laziness and iced the puck becuase he didn’t want to skate 2 more strides

Both were at the end of shifts and resulted in scoring chances against on the next faceoff

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
I’m hoping he has a good training camp. Canucks have a TON of wingers like Hoglander, Podkolzin, McDonough, Joshua, and a team that has already NHL wingers like Beauvillier, Mikheyev, Garland, and Boeser. 2 of all these wingers will likely have to be moved but the competition is going to be fierce.

This summer is his last chance to prove his worth. Otherwise he’s going back to Russia, indefinitely, or permanently.

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
He's actually showing the fight, motor and defensive IQ to be a viable 4th liner so while I'm still not optimistic it all comes together, I could see him on the team as the 4LW next year.

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
You don't think Russian media probably gets to hear about Russian player signing with the Russian club first? Somebody in NA will pick it up in a few hours, sure.
Likely the players agent would know. It very well could be in the works but we would likely hear something leaked

Three On Zero

HF Customer Service Representative
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He failed in New York and wasn’t good in Vancouver. If it happens the KHL may be the best for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad