Confirmed Trade: [VAN/NYR] Vitaly Kravtsov for William Lockwood and 2026 7th round pick

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
How did he look in his 8 minutes?
Did he pull the Kravtsov move?
Did he fall down 5 times?
WE NEED TO KNOW!
Kravtsov registered a power-play assist and two shots on goal in Thursday's 2-1 loss to the Wild.

This was Kravtsov's second game as a Canuck following his trade from the Rangers on Saturday. The 23-year-old set up Brock Boeser's goal in the first period. Kravtsov has a chance to establish himself in a bottom-six role while also seeing time on the Canucks' second power-play unit.

Reactions: The don godfather

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
in9pfRX.jpg

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Kravtsov registered a power-play assist and two shots on goal in Thursday's 2-1 loss to the Wild.

This was Kravtsov's second game as a Canuck following his trade from the Rangers on Saturday. The 23-year-old set up Brock Boeser's goal in the first period. Kravtsov has a chance to establish himself in a bottom-six role while also seeing time on the Canucks' second power-play unit.
his PPA was pretty nice. A real quick dish that caught the goalie off guard.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Only God is perfect, including as to extent of an attempted definition [attempted because that which is defined is usually limited, and God cannot be limited]. However, a nice consolation prize, being that we reap what we sow, is that we may achieve a standard of excellence which, while not actually perfect, may be technically flawless.

Because there is no virtue or upside in being wrong, and spreading misinformation, I endeavor to always be factually correct. I don't get it all right all the time, but my track record demonstrates I get it way more right than wrong. Before you or anyone else jumps down my throat on that, let us remember that player evaluations, initially subjective, may be held to account on a more objective post facto standard. Trades are different, as there is more subjective opinion as to market value of a player and whether or not in a particular situation to hold out for above/below 'market value', presuming that there is enough consensus to such.

Just in recent memory, I said NY should not have picked Lias then said unload him for what best we could get, which thankfully we did; we should take care with Chytil, and I was proven right there when some wanted to move him; ditto Kakko, and LaF. I said we should have kept Nils L, but if there was a high enough pick, returning no cap, then yes, that would be ok. On all of these I am correct.

I will be proven correct about Krav as well, and in any event, we should not have pissed his 9OA value away.
Here is some independent corroboration:

I hope I am wrong, but giving Krav away and taking on vet rentals we will not keep, is gonna cost us. If we win the Cup it will be in spite of, not because of, these moves. Significantly, this win now bullshit, which is not effective as it deletes a team of assets, usually younger, cost effective ones, is a false sugar high that, whether the team is improved in the short term or not, historically it almost always falls short of a championship, making such moves a loser.

As to your bolded comment, "buddy" -- I do not consider you a friend to either me, or us all, for reasons you are doubtless aware of.
Anytime you want to have a public debate about that without you behind your cloak of mod status, just say so. The choice is yours.
And as to your ask, I reply judge not, lest ye be judged, for you will be judged by the very standards you yourself have set.

I am unbowed, unbroken, and unrepentant in my defiance of those who would subjugate me to their perceived but erroneous claim of conventional wisdom.

I am happy to let my record speak for itself as long as there is a fair and accurate measuring stick with all, or at least a significant, amount of the facts available.

And as to you choosing to question me, when you can demonstrate that you are smart enough to the equivalent achievement of creating a theory that will restructure the international monetary system, and solve many of the problems of the world (as I have and which is at embryonic stages of academic review-> validation), when you can show such achievement, then you get to talk about my intelligence/judgement.

In the meantime, consider yourself rebuffed.
Or if you prefer, berned.

The only reason this post hasn't ended up in a dictionary is because nobody can decide whether it belongs beside "Messiah Complex" or "Martyr Complex".

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Watched the game at my dad's and we unfortunately had big time PVR issues so I saw less than half of the game. What I saw of him impressed me though. He was battling, his passing looks elite (small sample) and you can see he has the hands and hockey sense of a top ten pick.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
He was pretty unnoticeable in the first game. This game he looked really great. Flying in both directions working hard made some nice plays.
Took a whole game to get used to new bearings! A whole game!!!!

Yeah a guy with this level pro shot and ability really should have been given the bum's rush by nyr --- not.

Because it was always unnecessary/avoidable, bite me Drury, bite me.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The only reason this post hasn't ended up in a dictionary is because nobody can decide whether it belongs beside "Messiah Complex" or "Martyr Complex".
Free speech allows you to take your jibe, but if everything I said was factually correct, I am vindicated.
Was it?
Was it??
[channeling Joe Pesci character in My Cousin Vinny towards the end of the trial]

You are entitled to your opinion, and as a champion of free speech I welcome it.
But let's all be responsible and admit as to the facts.

nuxnux1

Oct 17, 2022
I’m a fan so far, can see the potential and this is a good place for him to realize it

broc

Dec 20, 2010
“1st rd picks bein thrown around like wildfire, and somehow Krav didn’t get one”
berns thought of the month

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Kravtsov looked like a top player against the Wild but let's see how he does against the Leafs before criticising the Rangers for their poor Pro-develpment.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don't think too hard now, he's still on his first point, 9 games later.

Watching the last two games against the Ducks, only time I noticed him was when his helmet fell off and took a penalty because he didn't immediately skate to the bench. I don't think he is going to make it in the NHL, which is unfortunate.

Reactions: LokiDog

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This trade has nothing to do with the Kane trade. This is just wishful justification for NYR fans.
I mean, you could go on and on about how disappointing Kravtsov is, and reasonable Rangers fans would agree with you, but it's literally true that they had to trade Kravtsov to fit Kane.

The Rangers currently have $1,608 in cap space. Kravtsov was $875,000 off the books, traded for a non-roster player. Do the math.

Feb 19, 2018
He has a bullet of a shot, he just doesn’t get enough chances. Next year will be make or break between a NHL or KHL player.

I can see him and Podkolzin training together in the offseason

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
He has a bullet of a shot, he just doesn’t get enough chances. Next year will be make or break between a NHL or KHL player.

I can see him and Podkolzin training together in the offseason

If you guys still believe in Podz I’d say have him train with someone else. Kravtsov has never been accused of having a good work ethic.

Kid’s future is in the KHL.

Reactions: sting101 and Mandar

Brent Burns Beard