Confirmed Trade: [VAN/NYR] Vitaly Kravtsov for William Lockwood and 2026 7th round pick

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Was not about weight, it's about strength and core. You think some guy just puts on weight and they are good to go? Putting 10lbs of weight on shouldnt make a huge difference but strength and working on your muscle and putting muscle mass on does. Petersson still lightweight but a lot stronger because he has been in the gym strength training and working on his core not because he weighs 5lbs more than his rookie season.
Why respond if you keep missing my point. First you said 500 lbs, next you go over my point of maturing.
Please put on your bifocles and thinking cap when responding.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
But why? Also as many have said, Van has wanted Kravstov since early last year. He’s staying in Van for the time being,
The answer to why would be, if Vancouver is the team laundering Kane contact. The payoff to the Canucks is Kravtsov. Drury needs Vitali contract off the Rangers books now and is unable to accept Kane contract now or be over the cap.
Vancouver gets Kravtsov and the Rangers get Kane at 25%, Lockwood and a 7th.

Last edited:
Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
this can be a big win for Canucks.
Krav has size and talent.

It was a weird season.
Won't complain about my team being healthy, but truly believe that had NYR's top 9 suffered more 'man games lost to injury,' Krav woulda had more opportunity and production.

both player and team had missteps which brought this situation the state it got to this season

if Drury didn't do such a last-minute pivot, to adding Kane, as well as Tarasenko,
he'd coulda either gotten more sooner by asking for less, or gotten more later, in off season
but put his own jewels in a vise,
- by not playing the paper-demotion/roster control Cap-savings game, and
- by deciding late (pivoting late to also add Kane,) to crunch his own team's Cap, under duress with short-deadlines

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Elias Pettersson has actually long been my player comparable for him (aside from Gretzky of course). They look alike with their lanky frame, very similar shooting mechanics, similar looking skating strides though I’d say Krav is much faster, they think the game very similarly and are both sneaky good defensive players despite being rather weak physically.
while I defer to this comment, the immediate visual that came to mind for NYR was Jean Ratelle. Lanky, lean, great skater, passer, vision. Expect w/correct linemates he would pivot successfully.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

EdJovanovski

#RempeForConnSmythe
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
7cgk11.jpg

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
If Boeser is getting traded, it's not happening until the off-season.

Why do you believe that? Vancouver are blowing it up now. You could be right but the management seem to be going all in on Bedard right now .They could get a better deal for him now from a team that is desperate is my belief anyway. Look at the Eastern conference dipping in on the trades right now.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Why do you believe that? Vancouver are blowing it up now. You could be right but the management seem to be going all in on Bedard right now .They could get a better deal for him now from a team that is desperate is my belief anyway. Look at the Eastern conference dipping in on the trades right now.
Haha I wish you were right but you seem to be misinformed.

I don't think the Canucks are blowing it up. If they were, they should trade JT and Boeser with retention if possible.

Mgmt doesn't seem to be all in on Bedard either. If they wanted to tank, they should have left Spencer Martin in the NHL.

Last edited:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

I don't think the Canucks are blowing it up. If they were, they should trade to trade JT and Boeser with retention if possible.

Mgmt doesn't seem to be all in on Bedard either. If they wanted to tank, they should have left Spencer Martin in the NHL.

It will be tough for them to end the season with 30 wins. They're dipping into the Bedard sweepstakes for sure.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
It will be tough for them to end the season with 30 wins. They're dipping into the Bedard sweepstakes for sure.
The sad thing is that this team (management) never planned to take. They started this season thinking they will make the playoffs. Just really sad to be a fan of this team.

I do wish they blow up it, especially when they have one of the worst prospect pools in the league.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012

I don't think the Canucks are blowing it up. If they were, they should trade JT and Boeser with retention if possible.

You can’t trade JT. None wants that insane contract.

puckinyourteeth

Dec 20, 2022
The Canucks have Kuzmenko, Podkolzin, and Mikheyev. Add Sergei Gonchar as the coach to teach and listen to the Russian players, and you have a really good learning/support environment for Kravtsov. This SHOULD help move or kick start his development into a complete player. At least that’s my hope. You now have an option that can replace Boeser as a RW option in the top 9.

Reactions: DekeyPete

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Why respond if you keep missing my point. First you said 500 lbs, next you go over my point of maturing.
Please put on your bifocles and thinking cap when responding.
Because you don't get that being heavy doesnt help if you are a weakling. It's like throwing a 6th grade obese boy down to the ground. He could very well be 200 lbs little boy but he would still have little boy strength not grown man strength. Thats why you shouldn't keep talking about weight like it's Nascar and it matters. It matters only if it's muscle mass. Petersson still is light weight but is noticeably more stronger than before and is putting a lot of points up. So you point about being heavy and scoring more is nonsense.

The Canucks have Kuzmenko, Podkolzin, and Mikheyev. Add Sergei Gonchar as the coach to teach and listen to the Russian players, and you have a really good learning/support environment for Kravtsov. This SHOULD help move or kick start his development into a complete player. At least that’s my hope. You now have an option that can replace Boeser as a RW option in the top 9.
Not to mention if Canucks draft Mitchkov too. They will have a nice Russian contingent and Kravatsov would be hearing it from his Russia teammates if he becomes lazy.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
The answer to why would be, if Vancouver is the team laundering Kane contact. The payoff to the Canucks is Kravtsov. Drury needs Vitali contract off the Rangers books now and is unable to accept Kane contract now or be over the cap.
Vancouver gets Kravtsov and the Rangers get Kane at 25%, Lockwood and a 7th.
But it could all be part of the same move. Where do you get the idea that Kravstov needs to be gotten rid of in advance?

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
We have a bunch of Russians now on our team... what is happening.

Only missing Michov if we don't win Bedard.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
But it could all be part of the same move. Where do you get the idea that Kravstov needs to be gotten rid of in advance?
To take his salary away from the Rangers on Saturday and transfer it to the Canucks. If Drury does the trade on this pass Saturday he losses Kravtsov’s salary but gains Kane’s which make New York non-cap compliant.
By talking down Kravtsov’s salary on Saturday along with other internal moves and then waiting until the last day of the trade deadline he can add Kane (and maybe another player)and the Rangers are Cap compliant.

Reactions: bernmeister

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
To take his salary away from the Rangers on Saturday and transfer it to the Canucks. If Drury does the trade on this pass Saturday he losses Kravtsov’s salary but gains Kane’s which make New York non-cap compliant.
By talking down Kravtsov’s salary on Saturday along with other internal moves and then waiting until the last day of the trade deadline he can add Kane (and maybe another player)and the Rangers are Cap compliant.
Are you saying that by dealing him earlier than the deadline they’ll save the pro-rated cap? What is that like 1/100th of Kravstov’s salary? How could that $10K really make a difference?

Brent Burns Beard