Confirmed with Link: Tyler Motte to Motteawa [1yr 1.35m]

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Such an under rated player. Will probably be another plus value contract for us. I’ve been screaming for 4th line depth forever and this guy fits the bill perfectly.

Reactions: 2CHAINZ

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
As a Canuck fan Motte is a great player to have, this guy gives it his all game in and game out, such an underrated player, he's someone imo you want in the playoffs because of his work ethic, and has shown to have some skill offensively when given the opportunity but very limited opportunities.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Why is everyone in such a rush to trade Alex Formenton? In my opinion he is the type of player you keep not look to trade. Great speed, long wing span which helps for P.K. duties. He is a terror on the forecheck as well with his speed. SPEED KILLS.... when he hits his peak he will be deadly.

Why not wait and see exactly what we have on defence this year before starting to trade out players that will be worth a whole lot more sooner rather than later.

Exactly.. especially since we have guys like JBD and Thomson and brannstrom ready to break out. Brannstrom might be more bust territory, but the other 2 have kept improving and are ready for more.

Wouldn't wanna trade formenton for pennies on the dollar only to have internal D ready to go. I'd wait to see how Thomson and JBD are looking and see if one grabs the bulls by the horn for that 2nd pair.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
As a Canuck fan Motte is a great player to have, this guy gives it his all game in and game out, such an underrated player, he's someone imo you want in the playoffs because of his work ethic, and has shown to have some skill offensively when given the opportunity but very limited opportunities.
What position does he primarily play?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So it's looking like if Formenton is signed, Kelly is going to be the 13th forward.

I was hoping the 4th line to be Kelly-Kastelic-Watson with Crookshank getting call-ups

I was hoping Gambrell was going to be the 13th guy, he's fast, versatile and safe defensively while he can play the 3 fwd positions. Now it might be that Kelly and Kastelic are just not going to be in the lineup

Motte is a bit better and has a much better shot than Gambrell

I’m just going to post once every 5 minutes to farm likes from 2CHAINZ

Already on it :D

Free likes is like free pizza. I have 7 posts in a Tyler Motte 1 year signing lol

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I felt when he was on Canucks he played more LW, he can play Center, but he played more LW I remember. Personally doesn't really matter where he plays imo he works that hard you're just happy to have him in your bottom 6.
Seems like a guy the Sens can really use. He can bounce around the bottom 6 and we lost a good PK guy in Brown so he can fill that role as well.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
DJ Smith already discussed really liking Kelly and saying it was his spot to lose on the 4rth line. They are not bringing Motte to replace Kelly here. Kelly has his spot on the 4rth line and will battle with guys like Crookshank if anything.

This seems like a deal to replace Formenton until something happens whether that's a new contract, a trade or news on the investigation. LW who plays a fast, hard game, who can PK. This screams Formenton replacement to me. Greig probably owns that spot from next season on so it wouldn't surprise me if we get closure on Formenton very soon. As others have mentioned it would make a lot of sense to move on from Formenton especially if he can be a piece in a trade for a Dman.

Whatever happens this seems like a very good deal.

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Debrincat - Stutzle - Giroux
Motte - Pinto - Joseph
Kelly - Kastelic - Watson
Gambrell

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Chychrun
Holden/Brannstrom - Hamonic

Formenton
Zaitsev
1rst 2023
JBD

For

Chychrun

Next year Greig replaces Motte, Boucher replaces Watson, Kleven replaces Holden,

Last edited:
Reactions: Que and 2CHAINZ

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Tyler Motte Clamato is an excellent depth signing. But I think the bigger news is @2CHAINZ getting back his like abilities. 2chainzzzzzzzzzz!

Summer of Dorion continues in fall, what a face turn from Duh Dorion!

Reactions: Xspyrit and 2CHAINZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad