Confirmed with Link: Tyler Motte to Motteawa [1yr 1.35m]

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Fun Fact:

Tyler Motte is a bottom-six goal scoring machine.

Over the past two years with Vancouver, in terms of goals/60, Motte has outpaced Bo Horvat, Tanner Pearson and Brock Boeser. 🤩

Translate that to our roster and he'd be above Timmy, and just a smidge below Brady and Formenton.

Needless to say I like this deal. Get him on the 3rd line with Pinto and Joseph/Formenton and I think he could have a career year. Not totally out of the question for him to pot 15-20 this season.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Exactly.. especially since we have guys like JBD and Thomson and brannstrom ready to break out. Brannstrom might be more bust territory, but the other 2 have kept improving and are ready for more.

Wouldn't wanna trade formenton for pennies on the dollar only to have internal D ready to go. I'd wait to see how Thomson and JBD are looking and see if one grabs the bulls by the horn for that 2nd pair.
I thought the advice was to "grab the bull by the horns" rather than what you wrote! :)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Before I like I have to confirm if you are disrespecting Bitcoin with this post. I cannot like any post with Bitcoin slander.
1663190270910.png

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This is a great signing for you guys.

Motte is a high-end high-motor bottom-6 forward and absolutely elite PK guy who has averaged about 15 ES goals/82 since the bubble.

Only problem is that he’s incredibly injury prone. But most Canuck fans would have loved him back at that price.

Reactions: Vector and 2CHAINZ

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Really digging this signing. The 4th line was a bit of a question mark with Watson slowly declining, Kelly who showed promise but still getting his feet wet, Kastelic ditto, and Gambrell who’s an average 12/13th forward. Motte is a solid upgrade on all of those guys and depending what happens with Formenton should easily be able to handle 3rd line duty.

Also gets you excited knowing that Dorion is still working the phones. All that’s missing is adding a top 4 D and unloading Zaitsev, our team will be completely revamped…

Reactions: Cosmix and 2CHAINZ

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I remember him mostly from his Vancouver years, and I seem to recall him scoring a lot of garbage goals against us and generally looking very pesky. As long as he plays that way (i.e. our scouting is more up-to-date than my impressions and confirms them) I'm happy to have him on board, but my only worry is whether this could affect our budgetary ability to obtain top 4 D now or at the trade deadline.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
This is a good signing for depth and more importantly the PK. We lost two good PKers in Paul and Brown. This guy will help.

But I have the same feeling that this doesn't bode well for Formenton.

Reactions: aragorn and 2CHAINZ

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Really digging this signing. The 4th line was a bit of a question mark with Watson slowly declining, Kelly who showed promise but still getting his feet wet, Kastelic ditto, and Gambrell who’s an average 12/13th forward. Motte is a solid upgrade on all of those guys and depending what happens with Formenton should easily be able to handle 3rd line duty.

Also gets you excited knowing that Dorion is still working the phones. All that’s missing is adding a top 4 D and unloading Zaitsev, our team will be completely revamped…
Based on other people's comments Motte appears to be an upgrade for the 4th line but I still want to sign Formenton and trade Zaitsev plus picks for a solid top 4 D.

Reactions: 2CHAINZ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad