Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
WTF was he doing on that last goal? That looked like a Tim Thomas oops moment with how far he wandered out of the net.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Some of you need to wakeup and give your head a shake. Go look at the main board's thread about the 3 stars of every series. Even the Sens give Rask more respect than our own fans as they're putting him as one of the 3 stars of the entire series.

He was phenomenal considering the boneheaded penalties and turnovers he had to constantly deal with.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Heard that last year and the year before that. He was good this series not great.

TSN turning point of series that soft wrister by wideman.

The actual turning points of the series took place before it even started with the injuries to Krug and Carlo. In series, the turning point was probably McQ getting hurt.

Rask is way down on the list of B's problems.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Rask played great!
Since his sick day he has been / was what everyone expected/wanted him to be - focused and engaged.
Rask made big save after big save behind a makeshift defense. He kept them in every game with the team giving very little offensive help.
Unfortunately the whole team came up just a little short.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Rask played great!
Since his sick day he has been / was what everyone expected/wanted him to be - focused and engaged.
Rask made big save after big save behind a makeshift defense. He kept them in every game with the team giving very little offensive help.
Unfortunately the whole team came up just a little short.

Still, his goals against was 9th and save percentage was 12th in the first round. And that's playing against the worst offensive team to make the playoffs.

There are some other very good goaltenders out there.

Chieftans22

Apr 3, 2017
Boston
Still, his goals against was 9th and save percentage was 12th in the first round. And that's playing against the worst offensive team to make the playoffs.

In a league of consistently on/off goaltending, why wouldn't you take a guy that has proven he can be on for long stretches? Too much risk for such little possible reward in a tender switch. I think Rask is our guy until he's done.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

How many of them played as many ot periods as tuukka? He played an extra game or more over some of them.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm of the belief that if Gretzky was traded then anybody can be traded, so yes DS should have open ears imo

He shouldn't do anything unless he's getting a bonafide stud back in the deal and has a starter lined up in net though. But there's no harm in listening...and that goes for every player

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I'm of the belief that if Gretzky was traded then anybody can be traded, so yes DS should have open ears imo

He shouldn't do anything unless he's getting a bonafide stud back in the deal and has a starter lined up in net though. But there's no harm in listening...and that goes for every player

You always listen to offers. Flames need a goalie badly! Trade Rask for TJ Brodie, plus Calgary throws in some draft picks and AHL guys, then sign Scott Darling as our #1. You need the Darling commitment first.
Brodie would solidify our dee with Mac / Krug / Carlo.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
He had to push hard over to cover the possible shot from the unmarked Sen at the side of the net; unlucky deflection to another unmarked Sen out front.

Silva

Nov 23, 2005
Massachusetts
Rask was awesome in the first round.
I would still trade him. I don't think he's worth 7M and I think the team could use a change (not just on the goal line but throughout the roster)

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I think Rask was great in the playoffs . I would stick with him now . In my mind we had our opportunity to go with jones and trade him . I would've traded him at that time . I am not saying jones is better and might not even be as good but all things considered that was our chance to go in a different direction and it has passed.

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO
Rask is one of the top goalies in the NHL. You would not replace that type of talent.
He was great in the series. Consider missing three of the 6 defencemen and our second line center. Bergy playing with a sports hernia, and all the games were close with most going into OT. There is no way you replace the talent. Other teams have traded top goalies and takes years to find another.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
After watching the way goalies have played in the playoffs it's clear after Price and Rask the third best goalie is a crapshoot

I think analytics is sketchy at best but still can be fun to look at as long as you put them in back there proper prospective but Rask is off the charts in many categories

Price
Rask

Who's third ?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
After watching the way goalies have played in the playoffs it's clear after Price and Rask the third best goalie is a crapshoot

I think analytics is sketchy at best but still can be fun to look at as long as you put them in back there proper prospective but Rask is off the charts in many categories

Price
Rask

Who's third ?

Considering the fact that they can't hit on a back up, it wouldn't be a smart idea to trade your starter. The pro assessment is horrible. Rask is fustrating at times, but I wouldn't trade him. The team needs adjustment in front of him. They (D) will be better this year. I can see the outrage if Rask is delt and his replacement is subpar. Rask isn't the best but he isn't the worse. Average goalies get 5mil plus. He's not that overpaid.i would go as far as saying he's probably a mil overpaid.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Rask is one of the top goalies in the NHL. You would not replace that type of talent.
Why hasn't he played like one of the top goalies in the NHL the past two seasons?

To me, Tuukka's capable of playing high-quality minutes for long stretches of time, but he's also far more inconsistent then you'd like to see out of your franchise goalie. I wonder if some of that inconsistency is due to the number of minutes he's been forced to play, but if your franchise goalie is only capable of giving you 45-50 quality starts a year, doesn't that diminish his value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad