Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockheed

Scope Dope
Feb 1, 2007
SW Asia
Everyone focusing on his zero goals and zero shots this series but does anyone have his Time on Knees(TOK) stats?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Funny sarcasm

That was sarcasm right? Right?

Yes.

Lonnie still hasnt learned that people cant see white font on mobile.
Hit quote and you will see his whole dumb post.

Maybe Ill delete it later. Kinda because its like yelling fire in a movie theater. Right now Im busy.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yes.

Maybe Ill delete it later. Kinda because its like yelling fire in a movie theater. Right now Im busy.

Ha! I've never used mobile to view this site, Learn something new every day. Sorry!! Fixed now to avoid confusion.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yes.

Oh I know Lonnie was sarcastic. Idk how but I saw it on my phone :laugh:

I was more so talking to the guy above me saying Tuukka falters in big games. I mean....like what was the last few weeks, you know?

bergeronsboys

Jan 10, 2014
ON
Best player for the Bruins in the series in my opinion...not sure what more he could have done without 3 of our top 4 defenceman...also not sure if any other goalie in the league could have been able to win this series with our lineup. We iced a totally different team than the regular season because of injuries (Krug, McQuaid, Carlo, Krejci and obviously Spooner not even earning a spot). Hats off to Tuukka, pumped for next year!

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It was. Didn't know about white text not showing for mobile users. Changed it back to black to avoid confusion. :laugh:

Lonnie it's not you don't worry :laugh:

I know 95% of your posts are sarcasm, you didn't even need to include the white. I was talking about the guy above me saying he has the resume of a fragile goalie who doesn't come up big in key spots

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Lonnie it's not you don't worry :laugh:

I know 95% of your posts are sarcasm, you didn't even need to include the white. I was talking about the guy above me saying he has the resume of a fragile goalie who doesn't come up big in key spots

and the dude complaining he was out of the crease. guy stood on his head for most of the series but he'll NEVER be able to do enough for some folks.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
As far as Im concerned Tuukka had his dtractors and I was one of them. After he was called out in all the papers he showed up with his big boy pants on.
Hes reason1 we got in at all IMO.

Because fact is for the last three weeks they were all big ones. He shined in all of them.

He earned my respect.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Agreed. And the concerns about him earlier in the year were legitimate- I don't want to downplay them. He was a bad goalie for 2 months or so. I just had problems with armchair psychiatrists diagnosing him by saying he can't play in big games when there was plenty of evidence to support otherwise even before this series, or that he doesn't like his teammates/they don't like him. I thought it was a big time overreaction to start digging into his character

I'm just glad those "character concerns" should be quelled for most fans by now. Good enough for me

Marchy63

Sep 16, 2006
Oshawa
Rask had a great series and I'm shocked that there is still a couple people saying he can't win big games. I mean he can't score goals and who didn't see that penalty coming in OT right after they let an even worse infraction go against Ottawa.

The Boston players seem to always struggle to score goals in big games with the exception of 2011. I think it is time to admit that the problem might be more of a lack of offensive talent and depth and not a goaltending.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Sens fan just wanted to chime in to say that I felt Rask was probably the MVP of the Bruins for the series. Some really good saves and rebound control in some high pressure situations. Worth every penny.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
He did everything he could and more. He'll have a better defense to back him up next year. I say he'll bounce back and be at least a Vezina candidate. :handclap:

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
Rask was awesome. We need to build so that his talent isn't wasted. He needs someone that will push his buttons so he doesn't get complacent. Love the guy. No Thomas, but he's Rask!

Ryan77

Jan 3, 2015
He did everything he could and more. He'll have a better defense to back him up next year. I say he'll bounce back and be at least a Vezina candidate. :handclap:

Heard that last year and the year before that. He was good this series not great.

TSN turning point of series that soft wrister by wideman.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He didn't let in a bad goal all series

There was the one in game 2 that was a softie, but every goalie in the league, even the great ones Price and Holtby, let those in from time to time. Otherwise, he was good and at times great. Put a quality NHL defense in front of him and he'll be fine.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I swear to god, people need to watch more series and learn how to ****ing move on from a bad goal.

There's one goalie who hasn't let one in he should have had, and that's Rinne.

If it's every other game, then have at it. If he's otherwise been great keep it moving for **** sake.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Forget the points, look at his salary and justify the 0 shots on goal in OT. Sure, the rest of the team didn't have any shots either but he is a vet leader!

This is nothing new to us Finns. Rask and Rinne sucked at the World Cup last September. Many Swedes and Canadians said to me that Finland has great goaltenders, but Rinne and Rask didn't score a single goal in the entire tournament. That's why our team only had one in three games in total.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I was very disappointed with Tuukka in 2014 PO's and found his claim that he gave the team a chance to win every game laughable. I don't think I need to point out the posts I have made criticizing Tuukka in the later stages of this season. With that said, TUUKKA was easily the best Bruin to wear the jersey in these PO's AINEC.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Rask played amazing in this series. Probably the Bruins MVP. He made some HUGE saves, especially on breakaways, and he was otherwise solid. Don't understand how people can just gloss over that.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Rask played amazing in this series. Probably the Bruins MVP. He made some HUGE saves, especially on breakaways, and he was otherwise solid. Don't understand how people can just gloss over that.

Let's not carried away, he gave up both goals the Sens scored in game 5 on breakaways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad