Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Rask gives props to Kuraly:

OTTAWA — On a night when he was almost perfect over 90-plus minutes, making crucial season-saving stops (41 in total), Tuukka Rask was busy deflecting credit to rookie and overnight sensation Sean Kuraly, he of the game-tying and season-prolonging goals.

“He’s a hard-working guy who does all the right things,†said Rask, who will never be faulted for either of the breakaway goals he gave up before the Bruins roared back last night at the Canadian Tire Centre to score three straight and save their season with a 3-2 double-overtime win over the Senators.

“It’s great to see a guy rewarded for hard work,†Rask added. “He gets his nose dirty and goes to the right spots.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins/2017/04/after_slow_start_rask_puts_stop_to_senators

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
By now I think it's a small minority that tries to lay blame on Rask. Most guys here see that he brings it in the playoffs. That's what I choose to think anyways. The opposite would just be too bizarre.

There are two or three toxic people on this board who only like to post after Rask allows goals or has a bad game... They seem to disappear when he excels, though. Hmm.

Besides Game 2, he's been elite. And even in the 4-goal games, the team has repeatedly bailed on him and left him out to dry. Both goals against him last night were breakaway goals. Stone is a goal scorer, and the Bruins just got beat clean by Pageau early on in the period. He's been very good, and he'll have to be for us to win this series. He undoubtedly deserved criticism when he was ****, but he dealt with it and rebounded. He and Khudobin carried us to the playoffs and it looks like he's prepared to carry us to the 2nd round. If only our other vets making big money would act the same way.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
There are two or three toxic people on this board who only like to post after Rask allows goals or has a bad game... They seem to disappear when he excels, though. Hmm.

Unfortunately, there is also 2 or 3 toxic pro-Rask posters on this board who can't wait to rub it in, and like to provoke others when Rask has a good game.

Me and several other posters wanted Claude fired so bad the last two seasons, but I don't see anybody rubbing it in when the Bruins dramatically improved under Cassidy.....we're just glad Claude is gone.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion on this board, no matter how unreasonable or unpopular it may be, but when certain posters constantly rub it in their faces when their player does good, it gets tiresome.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I am curious what to expect from him on Sunday given the short rest between games. Last night's game was long and tough. Have to assume he will get the start given the must-win nature of the game.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I am curious what to expect from him on Sunday given the short rest between games. Last night's game was long and tough. Have to assume he will get the start given the must-win nature of the game.

It was a long game for Anderson, too.

I'm sure they both play even if Game 6 was this afternoon.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Rask gives props to Kuraly:

OTTAWA — On a night when he was almost perfect over 90-plus minutes, making crucial season-saving stops (41 in total), Tuukka Rask was busy deflecting credit to rookie and overnight sensation Sean Kuraly, he of the game-tying and season-prolonging goals.

“He’s a hard-working guy who does all the right things,” said Rask, who will never be faulted for either of the breakaway goals he gave up before the Bruins roared back last night at the Canadian Tire Centre to score three straight and save their season with a 3-2 double-overtime win over the Senators.

“It’s great to see a guy rewarded for hard work,” Rask added. “He gets his nose dirty and goes to the right spots.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins/2017/04/after_slow_start_rask_puts_stop_to_senators

Bad teammate ;)

Nobody can say anything about Rasks ability to play in big games ever again. I won't have to hear stories about how he can't steal games. I don't have to hear about how he's soft.

There is literally nothing anybody can say about him. The questions have been answered. Life's pretty good everybody

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Man that's some mental toughness if I've ever seen it. Let's 2 in early and shuts the door for the rest of the game + 2 OTs.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Bad teammate ;)

Nobody can say anything about Rasks ability to play in big games ever again. I won't have to hear stories about how he can't steal games. I don't have to hear about how he's soft.

There is literally nothing anybody can say about him. The questions have been answered. Life's pretty good everybody

I love Rask. He is a great goalie. I am however losing track to where he starts and you end.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Rask from the looks of it is in the 2013 vs Pittsburgh playoff zone

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

This is some of the best hockey Rask has played in years, so yeah it would go back to 2013 since he's been this good. Which is even more remarkable given the D he's playing with this time around.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Actually, Rask was unconscious in that Pens series only allowing 2 goals in 4 games, but he is starting to show signs of brilliance once again.

I hope he can keep it going, because the B's will need him to be razor sharp again tomorrow.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Better playoff goalie than Price? That should be settled then.

vinnyboombatz

Mar 19, 2014
It's funny, was listening to Team 690 on Friday morning after the scabs lost. Marinaro was complaining that Price hadn't stolen a game yet in their series. Sounded a lot like some of the comments here about Rask. Curious considering the media and some people here are obsessed with Price.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
All the slobbering that goes on here over Price.

If he played here and let in that first goal in an elimination game for us we'd still be talking about it daily 6 months from now. We'll never win anything with this guy, can't steal a game when it matters, etc. I have no doubt whatsoever.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Lots of Bruins fans (and some of the outside hockey world) thought that Sweeney should have kept Jones instead of Rask.

At this rate, Jones won't even be an NHL goalie in a few years if he doesn't change his 5-hole problems. The Oilers have completely exposed it.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Actually, Rask was unconscious in that Pens series only allowing 2 goals in 4 games, but he is starting to show signs of brilliance once again.

I hope he can keep it going, because the B's will need him to be razor sharp again tomorrow.

The D he had then compared to now would more than explain the difference IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad