Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
rask played hurt and his numbers slumped a bit... no mystery

day to day over his career his numbers are the best in the nhl. any critism you might make of rask can be applied to any other goalie

of course, hes on a great team that might help his numbers

theres 2 things he does/doesnt do that need to be better imho... he has to have better games against Montreal... and then he needs a cup win

there isnt a goalie in the nhl i would think improves us over rask 1 for 1 trade but there is at least 4 guys i think are as good or at least as accomplished.

rask has a chance to be the best of his generation. the talent is there. but goalies are measure by accomplishments and failures.

fix the montreal thing
then steal us a playoff round or two

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
rask played hurt and his numbers slumped a bit... no mystery

day to day over his career his numbers are the best in the nhl. any critism you might make of rask can be applied to any other goalie

of course, hes on a great team that might help his numbers

theres 2 things he does/doesnt do that need to be better imho... he has to have better games against Montreal... and then he needs a cup win

there isnt a goalie in the nhl i would think improves us over rask 1 for 1 trade but there is at least 4 guys i think are as good or at least as accomplished.

rask has a chance to be the best of his generation. the talent is there. but goalies are measure by accomplishments and failures.

fix the montreal thing
then steal us a playoff round or two

I think he has to improve his puck handling- and I think he has to do a better job looking around screens and point shots.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think he has to improve his puck handling- and I think he has to do a better job looking around screens and point shots.

Don't think he'll ever improve his puckhandling....I've seen videos of him and he shoots right handed when no in goalie equipment but is forced to shoot left when in equipment since he catches left. Probably what we see today is what we'll get with him puckhandling wise.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Don't think he'll ever improve his puckhandling....I've seen videos of him and he shoots right handed when no in goalie equipment but is forced to shoot left when in equipment since he catches left. Probably what we see today is what we'll get with him puckhandling wise.

That's interesting. I wonder if this affects other goalies similarly.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Krug says it's an absolute joke the way Tuukka is treated by some of the fans in Boston

Per the spittin chiclets podcast with Ryan Whitney and rear admiral

His teammates like him.. All is well.

reillysmith38

Dec 22, 2013
Krug says it's an absolute joke the way Tuukka is treated by some of the fans in Boston

I don't get it haha. :cry:

Tuukka is the man.

masa90

Jul 4, 2014
Thanks. I think i will sell it though, i know a friend who has LOADS of those gameworns from the finnish team that Rask played for. Too expensive to just have it on the wall :D

What do you guys think we should expect from Tuukka next year? Being from Finland i only managed to see few of his matches live last season and i think his play was not at his best level.

Although defence wasnt at its best, i think he needs to get back to the absolute top. And i think he can do it!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Since the last Rask players discussion is closed ..

How soon can we trade this mentally weak goalie?

Reactions: fin8

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Can't really fault him much for the 2nd game against Colorado, but he was bad in the first one. Unfortunately, if they were to trade Rask, it should have been when they had Martin Jones in their system, even if it was just for the 11 minutes he was here.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Let's relax. He wasn't great the first game against the Avs, but you can't win a game when your team scores zero goals.

He was left out to dry in the 2nd game. The entire team let him down two games in a row.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Rask unfortunately isn't really the goalie that can stand on his head and win strings of games for us anymore

He was when we desperately needed it back in 2010, and was for a time after that, but at this point, at his age, his status, he's just not going to give us that in any reliable sense

But imo that's a good thing. You don't want your goalie covering for real holes in your team

They need to get it together as a team, it's not on rask and it never should be

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Seems on here people either love Rask or hate him,I'm kind of in the middle he hasn't been terrible,but he hasn't been great so far either.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Listening to F&M it sounds like Tuukka has been terrible. Mazz said he would stop just short of saying he's been garbage because his D has left him out to dry so many times.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Ouch!

Don't put Torey and Pineappletastelikechicken in the same room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad