Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Lots of Bruins fans (and some of the outside hockey world) thought that Sweeney should have kept Jones instead of Rask.

At this rate, Jones won't even be an NHL goalie in a few years if he doesn't change his 5-hole problems. The Oilers have completely exposed it.

It's not like Pageau beat Rask 5 hole last game or anything like that right?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Dear Tuukka,

Bruins fans are proud of your play this series. We simply need you to win the next two for this decimated defense and in return you will get Carlo, Krug and McQuaid back for the second round.

Signed,

The Boston Bruins

P.S. You may need to steal one or both of these games.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

So a 5-hole goal on a breakaway really equals "problems" to you huh? Because that's what he was talking about. Problems

Which is something Tuukka doesn't really have at the moment. Because he's ****ing lights out

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

The games may have been past you're bedtime because I see that you're from out East, but the Oilers set up a derrick in Jones' 5-hole all series other than the 1 game.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
The games may have been past you're bedtime because I see that you're from out East, but the Oilers set up a derrick in Jones' 5-hole all series other than the 1 game.

In all honesty I didn't watch more than a few minutes here an there of that series but you statement that Jones won't even be a NHL goalie in a few years seems like an exaggeration and agenda driven. That's all I was geting at.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
So a 5-hole goal on a breakaway really equals "problems" to you huh? Because that's what he was talking about. Problems

Which is something Tuukka doesn't really have at the moment. Because he's ****ing lights out

Tuukka has been playing the best hockey he's played in a long time though I would like to see him make a save on a breakaway from time to time. It seems that every time there is a breakaway it almost always results in a goal. So guess Tuukka has a problem too, but I'm sure he'll still be an NHL goalie in a few years.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
In all honesty I didn't watch more than a few minutes here an there of that series but you statement that Jones won't even be a NHL goalie in a few years seems like an exaggeration and agenda driven. That's all I was geting at.

I would agree.

For the record, in a losing effort for the Sharks, Jones' numbers for the Oilers series:

1.75 Goals Against

.935 Save Percentage

Oilers: Pretty darn good offensive team

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Tuukka has been playing the best hockey he's played in a long time though I would like to see him make a save on a breakaway from time to time. It seems that every time there is a breakaway it almost always results in a goal. So guess Tuukka has a problem too, but I'm sure he'll still be an NHL goalie in a few years.

Sup?

CashMash

Jun 5, 2015
Finland
I have had my doubts about Rask at times this season, but my faith in him is restored. Could he have played better at times? Absolutely, but he also made big saves and kept us in the game many times.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He stinks and this series is all his fault.

Not really, but I figured I'd get in before the rabble started with this noise....

Last edited:

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Four OTs. Shady reffing. Decimated d corps. Every game was decided by only one goal. Yeah, I think Tuukka did about as much as he could to put the team in a position to win.

BigBadBears

Jun 13, 2014
Tuukka had some good moments this series but yet another goal scored when he is out of the crease.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Excellent effort Tuukka. They needed you to flat out steal game 6 in order to win, not just be excellent. Tough situation to be in I know, but it is what it is.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Forget the points, look at his salary and justify the 0 shots on goal in OT. Sure, the rest of the team didn't have any shots either but he is a vet leader!

It's true. I mean, did he even get a single shot on goal all series?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Four OTs. Shady reffing. Decimated d corps. Every game was decided by only one goal. Yeah, I think Tuukka did about as much as he could to put the team in a position to win.

Pretty much

Sometimes **** just isn't in the cards when you're icing Schaller on line 2 and have 3 defenseman taken out

I'm excited for next year. Tuukka should be too. The cavalry is here

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
Tuukka is a top 5 goalie IMO. However he continues to lose in big games. Not blaming him for this series but his resume is that of a fragile goalie.

You can't get rid of him though. He'll put the team in a position to win games. But I have no faith in him in key games like I did with Thomas.

Having said all that he had a very good series, not great. He is what he is; a great regular season goalie who kind of collapses in big games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad