Player Discussion Travis Hamonic (D)

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
No thanks. Give me Gudas.

Gudas had a chance to fight Tkachuk against the Panthers on Monday. It would have taken off the Sens second best player from the ice for 5 mins+ in a game that meant so much for them and he didn't take it. I don't want that kind of character on the Ottawa Senators.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
2 years, 3 mil total. The contract writes itself. Should be an easy one
1680236935624.png

Now we can always just send Kelly to the shadow realm, but even then, I'd rather go in with 22 roster than 21. Beyond that, what if Pinto/Debrincat want more? Besides this means no goalie improvement.

Reactions: SpezDispenser

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I missed the first period of the game, how did Hamonic get injured? Did it look bad?
He was hit just as the Sens scored their first goal. They didn't show a good clip of it on the big screen at the game so I couldn't really tell how bad the hit looked. But he didn't look good getting off the ice.

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He was hit just as the Sens scored their first goal. They didn't show a good clip of it on the big screen at the game so I couldn't really tell how bad the hit looked. But he didn't look good getting off the ice.
Looked to me like he got hit knee on knee into the boards trying to slip away from the check, but you're right, the angle made it tough to see what happened.

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Same, he is a right shot who clearly belongs in the league. Someone will cave and give him term.
Yeah I agree. Gudbranson got 4 years (!!!) last year... free agency is nuts.

I hope he does stay, we'd miss him otherwise. But I also think it's tough to extend more than one year with JBD and Kleven waiting in the wings so I get Dorion's stance on this one.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah I agree. Gudbranson got 4 years (!!!) last year... free agency is nuts.

I hope he does stay, we'd miss him otherwise. But I also think it's tough to extend more than one year with JBD and Kleven waiting in the wings so I get Dorion's stance on this one.
What is Dorion's stance?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He gone.

JBD is pencilled in, warts and all. They don't have cap space for guys like him anymore

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd be happy to have Hamonic back on a 1 year deal.
I'm sure like Watty he ideally wants more term.

it feels weird as a Sens fan to feel like we have so many options on D

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I would take him at 1 or 2 years. $1 to $1.5 a year. It's low enough that it doesn't hurt the cap. Easy contract to move or put in the minors if it doesn't work out here.

Reactions: asw

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
The numbers are probably not going to work. He made 3.25M cash this season and he'd have to be willing to take something like a 66% paycut on a 1-year deal for there to be a fit.

It's a downgrade going from Hamonic to Bernard-Docker, but the cap necessitates it.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The numbers are probably not going to work. He made 3.25M cash this season and he'd have to be willing to take something like a 66% paycut on a 1-year deal for there to be a fit.

It's a downgrade going from Hamonic to Bernard-Docker, but the cap necessitates it.
I’d give him 1.5-2M

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Hamonic has made a good chunk of change in his career already and might be very happy to stay in Ottawa on a one year one million dollar deal. He'll be 33 in August and he and his wife might not want to move again. And he genuinely seems to enjoy playing on the Sens.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's a third pair guy on our team next year, I like a lot of what he brings but he was a giveaway machine in our end this year,

1.5 is as high as I'd go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad