Player Discussion Travis Hamonic (D)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Sly says probably so not definite at this point. It would be interesting that removing Zub would result in all 3 D pairs changing and Brannstrom moving over to RD.

Chych and Brannstrom looked good together like that last year, JBD and Chabot have played together in the past, and it reunites Hammer and Sandy, in terms of going with guys who are familiar with one another, it makes some sense, though I wasn't expecting them to go this route.

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He is the new Boro

Heart and soul guy, likeable etc. and is not good.

But he is completely done. That was another stupid contract by Dorion

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
this is the problem with having hamonic as a top 6 d. 1 injury and we have to play him in the top 4.

and if hamonic is in your top 4 for an extended time good bye playoffs.

you guys think that hamonic is not soft. he is scared to get hit, he is scared of forecheck, he is scared of the puck, he is scared of pressure, he mentally cannot handle that stuff even though he is pretty strong and skates well.

that play in the 3rd that basically killed our chances is why hamonic is soft no matter how many crosschecks he dishes out or shots he blocks.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
1000010244.png

Glad he got term and an nmc... Smh

Another buyout incoming

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
The NMC was completely unnecessary. With no NMC, we could just bury him in Belleville. He absolutely should be bought out this offseason. Luckily the cap hit will only be 350k for 2 years.
It's just stupid because every dman he plays with looks like shit... I will stop complaining if it leads to a cheaper Chychrun extension haha

But in reality we have to pay 8 mill to Chychrun minimum while getting a 5 million dman because of Hamonic

The ultimate lose lose

h2

Mar 26, 2002
They have to find a way to get this guy out of the lineup. He's soooo bad.

Every time he touches the puck it's likely a turnover.

He was a quality dman back in his day, but he's not NHL caliber anymore. I don't even want him as a #7.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
this is the problem with having hamonic as a top 6 d. 1 injury and we have to play him in the top 4.

and if hamonic is in your top 4 for an extended time good bye playoffs.

you guys think that hamonic is not soft. he is scared to get hit, he is scared of forecheck, he is scared of the puck, he is scared of pressure, he mentally cannot handle that stuff even though he is pretty strong and skates well.

that play in the 3rd that basically killed our chances is why hamonic is soft no matter how many crosschecks he dishes out or shots he blocks.
Didn’t need the NMC, but I’ve never thought of him as scared of the puck.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Didn’t need the NMC, but I’ve never thought of him as scared of the puck.

He's so scared of the puck. Only time he isn't scared is when he is getting rid of it quickly by shooting. When he has to make any sort of decision with the puck you can see the fear.

I actually feel a lil bad for him. He is so outclassed in the NHL currently and everyone including himself must know he is letting his teammates and his team down with how he is playing.

But I guess he just feels glad he can milk another million or two.

Dorion is such a goof.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
He's so scared of the puck.
That’s rubbish, Hammer isn’t scared of the puck lol, or he wouldn’t be near the top of the team in blocked shots since he arrived.
If you don’t like him, fine, just don’t bring up hyperbole, it ruins your debate.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
That’s rubbish, Hammer isn’t scared of the puck lol, or he wouldn’t be near the top of the team in blocked shots since he arrived.
If you don’t like him, fine, just don’t bring up hyperbole, it ruins your debate.
he is scared of handling the puck. he is scared of having to move the puck when there are 5 ft 9 forecheckers bearing down on him.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
he is scared of handling the puck. he is scared of having to move the puck when there are 5 ft 9 forecheckers bearing down on him.
Well than add that to your post then, that’s a totally different meaning.

He is scared of the puck
He is scared of handling the puck.

Either you’ve moved the goalposts, or you think they mean the same thing for some strange reason.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Looks like Hammer is scheduled to get the Boro, Watty, Neiler treatment as he nears the end of his career here.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Had the pleasure….or not….to see Travis practicing at the Bells Sensplex this morning by himself. My son has a hockey tournament all weekend there. So the kids were loving it. I spoke to the rink security and they said he had the ice for himself only. He had a hundred pucks and was up and down the ice shooting etc. the guy looks dejected. Apparently he rented the ice himself

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Had the pleasure….or not….to see Travis practicing at the Bells Sensplex this morning by himself. My son has a hockey tournament all weekend there. So the kids were loving it. I spoke to the rink security and they said he had the ice for himself only. He had a hundred pucks and was up and down the ice shooting etc. the guy looks dejected. Apparently he rented the ice himself
Pretty sure dejected is one of only two or three default facial expressions that Hamonic has.

• Haha
Reactions: armani

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad