Player Discussion Travis Hamonic (D)

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
I really like the thought of Hamonic on the third pair but I feel like he is going to be looking for one of two things that we can't offer- either an AAV exceeding + - $2.25M or term.

We need a situation like when we re-signed Holden but even better- less AAV than expected, minimal term. I think that's going to be a tough sell to Hamonic as he might be looking for his sunset deal.

Also, considering he has been a more than adequate partner for Sando, and a good teammate all around, I think we can say at this point that he was worth the 3rd rd pick.

Reactions: Cosmix

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If they don't find another RD they could play JBD next yr on the right side along with Zub & sign Hamonic for another yr.
And I suspect that is exactly what the plan is.

Sanderson Zub shut down
Chabot JBD
Brannstrom Hamonic

With Branny providing the puck moving and Hamonic the nasty on the 3rd pair.

Sanderson, Zub, Hamonic and JBD as primary PKers

Chabot Sanderson as primary PPers

Brannstrom stepping into PK or PP time as injuries dictate

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.56.41 AM.png

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
I've honestly really liked him this year. He has a lost a step as he's gotten older, but he can be a mean SOB in front of the net and will block any shot. I'd bring him back on a much cheaper contract.

Reactions: Cosmix

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I've liked Hamonic too. I would love to bring him back on a short term deal. He's tough as nails and a warrior. Think he will he much improved on the 3rd pairing.

Reactions: Sens With Benefits

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I've honestly really liked him this year. He has a lost a step as he's gotten older, but he can be a mean SOB in front of the net and will block any shot. I'd bring him back on a much cheaper contract.

I've liked Hamonic too. I would love to bring him back on a short term deal. He's tough as nails and a warrior. Think he will he much improved on the 3rd pairing.
Yep, there's a magic number that works for the Sens and with Holden probably not re-signed there's a gap for veteran leadership on the back end. A spot that would suit him very, very well. Just have to make sure he's playing as the #6/#7 and not in anymore of a prominent role than that next year.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hoping we can get him for Holden money next year. Fine with a 2 year deal at low aav
maybe not that low but I can see him taking less to stay with his family etc.. rather than pack it up and move..
I have no idea what kind of value he'd have on the open Market but probably close to 3 I would guess.
He turns 33 in August so .. the term is also a factor. No more than 2 imo. I'd be ok with 2-2.5 AAV without doing a complete analysis of the team cap

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
This guy is so unheralded in these parts, The Hammer has had a sneaky good season, with a much stronger 2nd half. Would like him extended for a reasonable price. He's like Boro only much better at hockey.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Hope they can find a way to bring him back around 2M, maybe give him 2 yrs

Hope they can find a way to bring him back around 2M, maybe give him 2 yrs

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad