Training Camp Thread (UPD:9/26)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
several 2 way deal players are still on the team, Puempel, Robinson, Pageua and Prince is just as good as those players.

People always seem to be appalled that a player requests a trade but sometimes they are fairly legitimate. Im not getting into the Spezza request vs Eugene and his gold under his bridge debate but how can anyone be angry or appalled that Prince may want a trade? THe guy is being treated like garbage while outplaying his fellow 2011 draft pick (a first rounder that BMurr may have an agenda for) in the AHL and competing pretty good in the big's.

"BrawlFan":

I like Shane Prince, & have watched him play for 2 yrs now...................

The fans love him down here & he is a very nice young man.........................

Shane did turn a corner in his development last season, & I expect a good yr from him and getting some games up top this season.......

As for the players on 2 way deals still up with Ottawa I don't know I have not watched a practice up there, so I have no real idea, how the players look......................

Ottawa is Not perfect on all of their decisions either last yr they let Andre B go and then signed Jumping Joe for the same $$$$$$. Jumping Joe gave them nothing. They could of used Andre to steady their D last yr as it was brutal........ So they make errors also..............

I can Not say Shane has been treated badly, by Ottawa....... As for him asking to be traded I researched that and all I could find was his sister tweeted something about wanting to get Shane home. It was picked up as news travels so fast today on the web... I found nothing that Shane asked for a trade anywhere...............

As for Prince being better than Puempel, Robinson, & Pageau not sure on that..... I see all 4 as excellent prospects so let them battle it out.................

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Yes, that is my view too; however, Wiercioch does need to improve his defensive play. I think he needs to do at least one of two things: either toughen up to play a more physical defensive game, or improve his foot speed and skating to be able to get to loose pucks first and skate them out of the defensive zone. I do not know if he can do those things. I do not want to trade him because of his better offensive performance so far than most of our other defencemen.

He needs to do both because right now all he can do is pass the puck

WhiteLight*

So guys left are

Lehner
Anderson

Karlsson
Methot
Cowen
Ceci
Wiercioch
Gryba
Borowiecki
Phillips
Claesson

Turris
Ryan
MacArthur
Zibanejad
Michalek
Chiasson
Stone
Smith
Hoffman
Lazar
Puempel
Pageau
Legwand
Condra
Greening
Neil
Robinson
Dziurzynski

?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
From what I gathered from Maclean's interview listening to it - no one has actually been officially re-assigned yet, as some people who practiced with the one group may cross over to the other to fill out drills... but I have updated the OP with the "NHL" and "AHL" teams.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
How do you Sens fans feel about Claesson? Will he play in the NHL this year?

Might see a few games as an injury callup - but highly unlikely out of the gate. Too many guys ahead of him contracts wise and development.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

Won't be here to start, but will be the first callup.

We pretty much unanimously feel he has a bright future and will likely be a permanent fixture on our blueline in the near future.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

If it weren't for the Sens having too many dmen, he'd make the team on the bottom pairing. Wont surprise me if hes a regular by April.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Claesson has yet to play a regular season NHL game.... Let's see how he fairs

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Stewart looked great in today's preseason game against Toronto
2 goals

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Sure

Would you trade Puempel for him? That was the rumoured deal that we turned down: Puempel and Weircioch for Stewart

"Do Make Say Think":

I would trade Culek, & Weircioch for Stewart, if T Murray wanted more I would add Rutkowski...............

No way would I trade Puempel.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad