Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
See thats my issue. I agree a negativity echo chamber is a horrible thing to have on a board. But some people seem to prefer an echo chamber with no criticism allowed.

The main point is that having an echo chamber is not good. Currently it's a negative echo chamber and has been all season... very little discussion, just Chia sucks, they suck, the other guy sucks, they all suck.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I would say more "the fanbase is overly emotional" than "this board is toxic".

Way too much angst behind a lot of these posts.

Might be a more accurate description but the point I was trying to make is that it makes the boards much less enjoyable. Some of the negativity is justified. However a lot of the negativity is just being negative for the sake of it. Some of the posts are so over the top and so poorly thought out that it just comes across as mindless venting. The problem is that it never ends...it just seems to gain momentum.

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
The main point is that having an echo chamber is not good. Currently it's a negative echo chamber and has been all season... very little discussion, just Chia sucks, they suck, the other guy sucks, they all suck.

Yeah I hate that too. I think there is an extreme opposite of that as well is my point. But I might be missing some context (ban lifts?) so maybe I dont get the whole story.

SomeDudeOTI

Feb 25, 2014
Behind enemy lines
Yeah I hate that too. I think there is an extreme opposite of that as well is my point. But I might be missing some context (ban lifts?) so maybe I dont get the whole story.

At this point the problem is that any moderate thoughtful posts get lost in the noise.

The ban lifts thing is only relevant in the sense that some of the most prolific posters on this board are people who were previously banned.

Edit: by moderate I mean both sides, I'm generally a positive person but there are obviously serious problems with the season so far.

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Buffalo seems to be struggling a tad. I wonder if Botterill might look to make a shakeup trade. Zemgus Girgensons wouldn't be a bad option to try and poach if the cost is right. A guy with size signed for another year who could possibly replace Letestu on the fourth line next season. I wonder if they'd have any interest in Anton Slepyshev.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
At this point the problem is that any moderate thoughtful posts get lost in the noise.

The ban lifts thing is only relevant in the sense that some of the most prolific posters on this board are people who were previously banned.

Edit: by moderate I mean both sides, I'm generally a positive person but there are obviously serious problems with the season so far.

god forbid anyone saying anything other than #firechia or they sucked tonight. Im happy for an 8-2 win tonight, means the negative nacy's will go back into their hiddy holes until the next game

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Buffalo seems to be struggling a tad. I wonder if Botterill might look to make a shakeup trade. Zemgus Girgensons wouldn't be a bad option to try and poach if the cost is right. A guy with size signed for another year who could possibly replace Letestu on the fourth line next season. I wonder if they'd have any interest in Anton Slepyshev.

I'd rather keep Slepyshev to be honest. He'll likely be cheaper to re-sign and I'm not sure there is much difference in their on ice ability at this stage of their careers.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I think we could get Girgensons for a mid round pick. No need to trade Slepy

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
It just seems particularity bad the last month or so.

Oh well...the ignore feature on the new boards works really well. :nod:

Easy peesy. With the boards switching to the new format, I think they lost records on old IP numbers.

So bunch of banned posters are back.

Oh nevermind, you already said the same!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Easy peesy. With the boards switching to the new format, I think they lost records on old IP numbers.

So bunch of banned posters are back.

I think you are 100% correct. The same information was confirmed to me in a PM.

Just have to accept it I guess.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
lol. You are their hero.

tenor.gif

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think we could get Girgensons for a mid round pick. No need to trade Slepy
I have a sneaking suspicion we're nearing the end of Slepyshev's tenure in Edmonton. It's simply a case of too many bodies, not enough roster spots. His waiver eligibility kicks in very soon as well. Cashing in on a guy who can play center and penalty kill would be a big plus.

I'm also not sure that Buffalo hates him that much.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I have a sneaking suspicion we're nearing the end of Slepyshev's tenure in Edmonton. It's simply a case of too many bodies, not enough roster spots. His waiver eligibility kicks in very soon as well. Cashing in on a guy who can play center and penalty kill would be a big plus.

I actually think we won't re-sign Maroon just cause we can't afford him with McDavid and Nurse getting raise and we are stuck with Russell next year. Slepy is more comfortable playing LW and could slot in for Maroon alongside McDavid-Drai.

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I actually think we won't re-sign Maroon just cause we can't afford him with McDavid and Nurse getting raise and we are stuck with Russell next year. Slepy is more comfortable playing LW and could slot in for Maroon alongside McDavid-Drai.
I've yet to see that type of offense from Anton. He's looked lost in the few occasions I've seen him with McDavid.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I've yet to see that type of offense from Anton. He's looked lost in the few occasions I've seen him with McDavid.
Slepy-McDavid-Drai looked good sometime last season when it was experimented. I agree Slepy looked out of place with McDavid this season but that could be due to the fact he was playing RW

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

I see him more as a package piece like what could Slep + 2nd net us?

Could that package get Mike Green? Cause we could definitely use a player like that on our blue line. Maybe something like Slep + Fayne + 2nd + 4th for Green + 6th

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Could that package get Mike Green? Cause we could definitely use a player like that on our blue line. Maybe something like Slep + Fayne + 2nd + 4th for Green + 6th

Mike Green would be an interesting add but once Sekera gets back the need to add another dman drops significantly IMO.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
Mike Green would be an interesting add but once Sekera gets back the need to add another dman drops significantly IMO.
Disagree. The D needs better outlet passing and a legit right shot option on the PP. Even with Sekera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad