Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Is this legit?

Seconded, this is the first that I've heard about Strome being part of a potential package for Kreider.

It's a post from a rumour site linked to Blueshirt Banter. They essentially chew up info from other sources and develop their own articles around them. If I had to take a guess, I'd probably say no....it's not legit. Unless Gorton's really missing those right shots up front.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
From Oct 29 (after last game vs WSH):
This in from Nick Kypreos of Hockey Night in Canada, a strong suggestion that Ryan Strome is on shaky ground right now in Edmonton: “The fact remains they’re disappointed in the Ryan Strome for Jordan Eberle deal. I think they’re not married to even keeping Strome if they can move him. I think they probably would. The question is: Would he bring anything in return of significance? But no question it’s a priority for (Oilers GM) Peter Chiarelli to find some scoring on the right side.”
Reporter Elliotte Friedman wondered if there might be a fit with a trade for Chris Kreider of the Rangers.
Friedman also speculated — and he put a huge emphasis on this being speculation — about Kreider maybe being a good fit for the Oilers on Oilers Now on Friday.

Maybe someone has been looking at the wrong post-game commentary. I cannot find anything else on this.

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Nahhh he took two different rumours and mashed them together.

One weekend on Saturday headlines Kypreos said that the Oilers weren't married to keeping Strome and the next weekend Friedman said he could see the Rangers doing something, and then went on Oilers Now and mentioned Kreider as a good fit.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Nahhh he took two different rumours and mashed them together.

One weekend on Saturday headlines Kypreos said that the Oilers weren't married to keeping Strome and the next weekend Friedman said he could see the Rangers doing something, and then went on Oilers Now and mentioned Kreider as a good fit.

That's what I thought. Unless there is proof of it, I'm calling bull**** on this.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
So Columbus is said to be willing to trade away a defender in order to get a center? I wonder what kind of a center they are looking for, but I thought maybe, just maybe, there could be some kind of a trade including Strome and Nutivaara.

This would mean that the Oilers would need to use Drai as a center or they'd probably sign a new center/winger. I know to some Nutivaara may not seem like a desirable prospect, but I think he might fit the Oilers well and this year his ppg is actually a bit better than Strome's despite the different positions.

Nuti is confident and skilled with the puck and by the way is from the same FEL team as Jesse. Of course this would depend on the total package. Nuti's contract is also ending so I guess there'd need to be an extension and the salary should be reasonable too.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Kreider would be a"good fit" on every team in the NHL... he's a big 2-way forward who makes every roster better by being on it. I would have to think the assets given up to get him would be quite large and there would be competition from many other teams as well.

If the Rags are trading him... one advantage the Oilers have is they are a Western team... but there's 14 more of those as well.

Rangers have won 6 in a row and have the #7 offense in the league so I honestly don't see why they want to do a big shakeup up front right now.

Their goals against is 8th worst so I could see them maybe wanting a dman but what would a team like the Oilers trade from their to get Kreider? Larsson... no. Nurse... don't think they'd trade him now with the way he's developing this year. Benning/Gryba/Auvitu obviously don't hold huge value. Sekera is hurt (and needed by the Oilers). Russell might be an option... but obviously a NMC rules him out.

That leaves Klefbom. If the Oilers are down enough on Klefbom stalling out here early in the season could they possibly move him for someone like Kreider? Personally I do that trade every day of the week in a straight up 1 for 1 deal because I view Kreider higher than most and I view Klefbom lower than most as well.

I don't know if the Oilers are willing to move Klefbom on D though because they likely view him as a top pairing dman in a slump and they would weaken their D by doing it... but Kreider is >> Klefbom imo and that deal would be a solid one for the team.

Auvitu/Stanton/Simpson would have to pick up the slack until Sekera gets back... but with Klefbom playing like he is (essentially a deficit out on the ice currently)... I think getting a player like Kreider back would be worth it.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If the Oilers are planning on keeping RNH then I don't see how the Oilers can get Kreider unless the Rangers are willing to take Maroon+Strome. Moving our 1st, Pulju or Yamamoto is just simply stupid. Not worth the price for Kreider

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If the Oilers are planning on keeping RNH then I don't see how the Oilers can get Kreider unless the Rangers are willing to take Maroon+Strome. Moving our 1st, Pulju or Yamamoto is just simply stupid. Not worth the price for Kreider
It depends. Would you rather have Kreider at 4.6 or Maroon at 4.
I'd take Kreider 10 out of 10 times.
Strome, 1st, Nothing Prospect might be enough.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
It depends. Would you rather have Kreider at 4.6 or Maroon at 4.
I'd take Kreider 10 out of 10 times.
Strome, 1st, Nothing Prospect might be enough.
Strome, Maroon, 2nd for Kreider.

The 1st, Pulju, Yamamoto are pieces I'd keep in case OEL becomes available

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Strome, Maroon, 2nd for Kreider.

The 1st, Pulju, Yamamoto are pieces I'd keep in case OEL becomes available
That would be a steal and wouldn't happen.

OEL is not going to be traded here PERIOD. Arizona isn't going to give us a #1 d unless it is for a mass overpay. Interdivisonal trades like that don't happen. It would have to include Drai to get the conversation started.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
That would be a steal and wouldn't happen.

OEL is not going to be traded here PERIOD. Arizona isn't going to give us a #1 d unless it is for a mass overpay. Interdivisonal trades like that don't happen. It would have to include Drai to get the conversation started.
If we were arch-rivals like TOR-MTL you might have a point, but when you are the sewer of the league you just worry about the best return possible. Being petty and being like we can't help a team in our division when literally 30 other teams in the league are having their way with you night in and night out doesn't serve their interests, when you are at the bottom you just want to improve as much as you possibly can, you can't be concerned with trying to hold others back at the expense of your own team. OEL is only 2 years removed from being a UFA he simply doesn't hold the value to get a return like Drai, no one will be offering a comparable player to Drai at that same age range.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If we were arch-rivals like TOR-MTL you might have a point, but when you are the sewer of the league you just worry about the best return possible. Being petty and being like we can't help a team in our division when literally 30 other teams in the league are having their way with you night in and night out doesn't serve their interests, when you are at the bottom you just want to improve as much as you possibly can, you can't be concerned with trying to hold others back at the expense of your own team. OEL is only 2 years removed from being a UFA he simply doesn't hold the value to get a return like Drai, no one will be offering a comparable player to Drai at that same age range.
Yeah but the will offer a better package than we can. Toronto can offer much more than we can and they are out of conference so an identical package from both teams would have it going to Toronto.

Unless it's Calgary than its a 1st and 2 2nds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad