Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Yes because trading RNH for a winger would be great asset management. And you complain about Chia :laugh:

Trading him for a 30-goal winger+ would actually be great asset management, but why bother fixing the problems with this team? RNH is clearly key to our sparkling 6-9-1 record. Who would want to disrupt that?

I'm less concerned with Leon than I am Connor right now TBH. Connor does not look himself, Leon just came off of a concussion.

So if you're not concerned about their long-term viability as top-six centers, why are you so reluctant to trade a third one who (understandably) struggles to produce outside of prime minutes?

If Drai moved to C then Nuge would most definitely create more offense from the bottom 6.

Which, again, is an experiment we've already seen and was the chief reason RNH produced so little last year.

Yes because it is unusual for players to break out 6-7 years after the draft.

I mean, it is. What's your point here? That it's a good time to trade him? What a terrific idea.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
You've arbitrarily decided that those 14 games are now the end-all and be-all of the player. There's zero evidence to support that, and literally years of it to the contrary. Why do you think that's reasonable?

You started off pointing out 2 games in a 16 game season, I guess the new faceoff rules never occurred to you that his previous 6 seasons no longer mean anything in terms of drwas? I mean clearly someone that is into detail like yourself wouldn't have missed that would you?

So if I go elsewhere on the board and use the same language, I won't get an infraction? Interesting, I'll have to test that. Will you then go to bat for me if I do get one?

Do what you want, it's a free country last I checked. Why would I go to bat for you?

Amazing. Wish I had had this same thought myself.

We should've moved Leon and Connor last year because their values may have never be higher. I mean why look at their value to the team when all you need to look at is trade value?

We're starved for offense because our top six wingers are a collection of refrigerators and prospects, to say nothing of the bottom six. RNH helps neither problem right now, but could be used to help it via trade.

We'd be better off moving RNH to RW than trading for RW.

Actually it was the last six season's Nuge. But why look at history? 14 games!!!

New rules, can you show me his last 6 seasons of faceoffs under the new rules? Yeah I thought so. As I've said above, it's not uncommon for players to break out in their mid 20's/6-7 years after the draft, but clearly it must be a fluke because yo say so, history and all.

RNH was also the team's only offensive center of note that year. Do you think that's a coincidence?

Pretty sure that Gagner was still here but I could be wrong. He also wasn't carried by Hall that year and he must be fluking out now because Hall isn't here now either.

There are 31 ways to do it, actually, but oddly enough none of them involve putting $6M at center on the third line. Maybe those other GMs just haven't put in your level of "thought" or "effort", though.

And how many teams have the luxury of playing a Nuge caliber center as the 3C? Name me a team that has 3 centers the quality of ours if we move Leon to center, yeah I thought so.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
First of all this will be my last post in this back and forth as I've got better things to do than go back and forth all day long.

Trading him for a 30-goal winger+ would actually be great asset management, but why bother fixing the problems with this team? RNH is clearly key to our sparkling 6-9-1 record. Who would want to disrupt that?

So who are you thinking? Why couldn't Nuge be that player? Nuge is the lest of our problems but yeah it's his fault that we suck.

So if you're not concerned about their long-term viability as top-six centers, why are you so reluctant to trade a third one who (understandably) struggles to produce outside of prime minutes?

Because we could have 3 lines that create offense?

Which, again, is an experiment we've already seen and was the chief reason RNH produced so little last year.

Again he is clearly a better player this season, I guess you are one of the few that doesn't see it.

I mean, it is. What's your point here? That it's a good time to trade him? What a terrific idea.

Player play good, must trade player. Yeah, good thinking

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
You started off pointing out 2 games in a 16 game season, I guess the new faceoff rules never occurred to you that his previous 6 seasons no longer mean anything in terms of drwas? I mean clearly someone that is into detail like yourself wouldn't have missed that would you?

So nothing but today counts, because a couple of rules were tightened. However, not all of the present season counts- just the games where he was good on the draw. That seems a little, oh, convenient.

Do what you want, it's a free country last I checked. Why would I go to bat for you?

Because as a moderator you are supposed to be an example for the community. If I do what you do and get in trouble for it, well, that doesn't make sense, does it?

We should've moved Leon and Connor last year because their values may have never be higher. I mean why look at their value to the team when all you need to look at is trade value?

Actually what I said several times was "long-term role". Maybe 7+ year contracts signed by the current GM don't signify a long-term commitment to you, I don't know.

We'd be better off moving RNH to RW than trading for RW.

Sure, let's hurt his trade value and what production he has been providing by playing him in a position he's never been in. Great idea.

New rules, can you show me his last 6 seasons of faceoffs under the new rules? Yeah I thought so.

I pointed out two examples from the current season, and you disregarded them because reasons. You're completely against any sort of evidence that goes against this careful narrative you've constructed in your head about the player. It would be easier for everyone if you just admitted that.

As I've said above, it's not uncommon for players to break out in their mid 20's/6-7 years after the draft, but clearly it must be a fluke because yo say so, history and all.

Yeah that damn history, why does it have to be a great way to forecast the future!

Pretty sure that Gagner was still here but I could be wrong.

Gagner was most definitely not here. That was the year of the Arcobello/Roy experiment, so again it's no surprise he was able to post above-average (for him) numbers given he was the only center with a heartbeat on the roster.

He also wasn't carried by Hall that year and he must be fluking out now because Hall isn't here now either.

He's definitely fluking out.

And how many teams have the luxury of playing a Nuge caliber center as the 3C? Name me a team that has 3 centers the quality of ours if we move Leon to center, yeah I thought so.

And again, there's a reason teams don't do that- it prevents them from spending that money in other places where it is needed more. Yes, sure, we could roll with McDavid/Draisaitl/RNH/Tavares as our centers, but there's a reason no GM in a capped league does that. Ponder on that one for a bit and get back to me.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Dude you're almost as bad as that guy that proposed we trade Klefbom for Smith and a winger.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
It's actually McDavid, Draisaitl, Strome and Letestu if the lines are set right. They aren't, though, and may never be under TMacT and Chiarelli.

My point exactly.

I don't really want Chia to be the one to trade him, but I have to think he'd fill at least two of our four critical needs in one shot if moved regardless of the GM who does it: offensive RHD, 2 X top-six RW, top-six LW.

So a player you consider overpaid and mediocre would land a bigger return than Taylor Hall and Matt Duchene. K.

Why would we get a worse player in return?

The last two times Chia traded a big name, that's exactly what happened.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Well in guessing what the Jackets would offer for RNH, they are rumored to have offered up Jenner + Murray + 1st rd pick for Duchene and Duchene being the more coveted player, our package would certainly be worth less then that.

Then just from a technical standpoint of the salary cap they have roughly $1M in cap-space if every single bonus was hit by their ELC players, but talking realistically they should be pretty comfortable salary cap-wise as long as they can ship $4M back in salary on an RNH trade, though if it requires multiple bodies possibly more then that since you are ofcourse having to call up players to fill the added openings.

There most often tossed around trade chips are Jenner and Murray, to me we have no need for Murray given our present line-up and while I wouldn't scoff at the idea of Jenner he's not exactly the primary piece I want to see back in a trade for RNH. Atkinson would be a player of interest he had two strong goal scoring seasons in a row, but he's on the last year of his deal so we'd need a pre-agreed extension in place there to even ponder him as a proper return for RNH.

My guesses for what CBJ are offering is either Dubinsky + Milano for RNH + Jokinen or Murray + Jenner + mid rd pick for RNH and C. Jones and then Edmonton either flips Murray or another LHD on the team to a 3rd party for a forward. I'd be opposed to either deal, but I'm guessing those are the sort of offers that would be floating around for RNH.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think downgrading at forward to add a defenseman is the absolute last thing Chia should be doing.

If he is trading a forward for a package, it better be for a slightly worse player at the same position along with another forward who can play in the top 9.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Well in guessing what the Jackets would offer for RNH, they are rumored to have offered up Jenner + Murray + 1st rd pick for Duchene and Duchene being the more coveted player, our package would certainly be worth less then that.

Then just from a technical standpoint of the salary cap they have roughly $1M in cap-space if every single bonus was hit by their ELC players, but talking realistically they should be pretty comfortable salary cap-wise as long as they can ship $4M back in salary on an RNH trade, though if it requires multiple bodies possibly more then that since you are ofcourse having to call up players to fill the added openings.

There most often tossed around trade chips are Jenner and Murray, to me we have no need for Murray given our present line-up and while I wouldn't scoff at the idea of Jenner he's not exactly the primary piece I want to see back in a trade for RNH. Atkinson would be a player of interest he had two strong goal scoring seasons in a row, but he's on the last year of his deal so we'd need a pre-agreed extension in place there to even ponder him as a proper return for RNH.

My guesses for what CBJ are offering is either Dubinsky + Milano for RNH + Jokinen or Murray + Jenner + mid rd pick for RNH and C. Jones and then Edmonton either flips Murray or another LHD on the team to a 3rd party for a forward. I'd be opposed to either deal, but I'm guessing those are the sort of offers that would be floating around for RNH.
If that is what we can get I would rather keep RNH.
If he continues to have a good yearnit will be easy to move him for good assets

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Drais is a natural center so we could fall back on him as our 2C. The problem is that we don't have much in terms of wingers to allow both to thrive. What if they both struggle a bit when being split up? The bottom 6 will continue to be an abyss of offense. Trading Nuge right now would be stupid unless the return was just too good to pass up.

Honestly if they aren't going to play Drai at 2C (and it doesn't look like they will) they should just trade him to get out from under the caphit and get what you need on the blueline.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So nothing but today counts, because a couple of rules were tightened. However, not all of the present season counts- just the games where he was good on the draw. That seems a little, oh, convenient.

That is assinine, I guess you've been living under a bridge or a rock somewhere since you haven't heard about the faceoff rules being called differently this season. But yeah keep on spewing crap.

Because as a moderator you are supposed to be an example for the community. If I do what you do and get in trouble for it, well, that doesn't make sense, does it?

I don't gaf what you think about the matter. Don't like it then report it.

Actually what I said several times was "long-term role". Maybe 7+ year contracts signed by the current GM don't signify a long-term commitment to you, I don't know.

And long term we could win with those 3 down the middle. The bottom line is that Todd has kept them together for a good chunk of their time on the team after their rookie and sophomore seasons respectively.

Sure, let's hurt his trade value and what production he has been providing by playing him in a position he's never been in. Great idea.

You're the only one actvely looking to trade him in this conversation.

I pointed out two examples from the current season, and you disregarded them because reasons. You're completely against any sort of evidence that goes against this careful narrative you've constructed in your head about the player. It would be easier for everyone if you just admitted that.

Garbage.

Yeah that damn history, why does it have to be a great way to forecast the future!

More garbage.

Gagner was most definitely not here. That was the year of the Arcobello/Roy experiment, so again it's no surprise he was able to post above-average (for him) numbers given he was the only center with a heartbeat on the roster.

Yes, it had nothing to do with his own play which is why he was an Allstar that season.

He's definitely fluking out.

What are the winning powerball lottery #'s Nostradamus?

And again, there's a reason teams don't do that- it prevents them from spending that money in other places where it is needed more. Yes, sure, we could roll with McDavid/Draisaitl/RNH/Tavares as our centers, but there's a reason no GM in a capped league does that. Ponder on that one for a bit and get back to me.

Well we have a relatively cheap defense which can afford us to spend more down the middle. But yeah I guess Pittsburgh had it wrong when they had Sid, Gino and Staal together.

If that is what we can get I would rather keep RNH.
If he continues to have a good yearnit will be easy to move him for good assets

Agreed, none of those pieces are worth dealing Nuge for.

Honestly if they aren't going to play Drai at 2C (and it doesn't look like they will) they should just trade him to get out from under the caphit and get what you need on the blueline.

I disagree, once Kailer and Jesse are ready we could see him moved to C.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
That is assinine, I guess you've been living under a bridge or a rock somewhere since you haven't heard about the faceoff rules being called differently this season. But yeah keep on spewing crap.

The rules are slightly different, but it's not as though the players have switched to doing faceoffs on one leg and now use a basketball instead of a puck. You're way out to lunch if you think it's altered the very fabric of the process.

I don't gaf what you think about the matter. Don't like it then report it.

And long term we could win with those 3 down the middle.

Could, but are not and have not. Probably has something to do with the lack of winger depth.

The bottom line is that Todd has kept them together for a good chunk of their time on the team after their rookie and sophomore seasons respectively.

That's great, it doesn't mean they should or will be kept together long-term.

You're the only one actvely looking to trade him in this conversation.

I was the only one who predicted the Oilers would get 3 or less wins in their first ten. I was also the one who decried the lack of winger depth before the year began. Wisdom of the Crowd this place is not.

By the way, I thought you said you were bowing out of this discussion? That must mean you have really strong, really cognizant arguments to back up your views. Let's see what they are:

Oh.

More garbage.

Okay. Yeah, you were better off not continuing this particular debate.

Yes, it had nothing to do with his own play which is why he was an Allstar that season.

His production, as in the years prior, was boosted through being the team's only center of note. Why is that so hard to understand?

What are the winning powerball lottery #'s Nostradamus?

You could make a pithy argument, or you could try and counter the historical data that supports my point of view. Your choice, though.

Well we have a relatively cheap defense which can afford us to spend more down the middle. But yeah I guess Pittsburgh had it wrong when they had Sid, Gino and Staal together.

Interesting comparison:

Sid, Geno, Staal- One Cup in six years
Sid, Geno, Bonino and Kessel- Two Cups in two years

Seems like spending money on wingers versus going three-deep at center is the way to go, right?

I am sure your response will be extremely articulate and quote many facts and figures. That, or it'll just be the word "garbage" over and over again. Either way, I await your reply. :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I had to run out and get some things done, came back and replied. Since this has turned into a giant waste of time I'll let someone else debate you if they want to piss away their Sunday evening.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Interesting comparison:

Seems like spending money on wingers versus going three-deep at center is the way to go, right?

I am sure your response will be extremely articulate and quote many facts and figures. That, or it'll just be the word "garbage" over and over again. Either way, I await your reply. :popcorn:
I'd say big factors in the Pens poor performances in the Staal years was Dan Bylsma who is a pretty awful coach, I think they only won their first Cup with him because he came in too late to the season to really change up Therrien's system, the guys were happier and played looser cause they lost their A-hole taskmaster coach, but past lessons were still fresh and they played within that structure.

Second big factor is Marc Andre Fleury only posted above a 0.900 save percentage twice in the playoffs in J. Staal's time there a 0.933 (lost in SC Final- v. close series) and a 0.908 (won the Stanley Cup), compare that to the two playoff appearances Murray had, he won 2 Stanley Cups with a 0.923 (15/16)and a 0.937 Sv% (16/17). Generally you want your starting goalie posting a 0.920 SV% or there abouts, it's extremely hard to win with a goalie not even posting a save percentage in the 0.900's.

There is a gap between J. Staal and N. Bonino in terms of ability, but I don't think it was all that large, having a solid line driver in Phil Kessel certainly played a big factor in giving the Pens 3 dangerous scoring lines which was a big factor in them winning back to back cups, but they still had a lot of strength down the middle (the impact Cullen had shouldn't be overlooked), small downgrade in the middle can be off-set by a huge upgrade on the wing. That being said I don't see us getting a Phil Kessel level winger for RNH so I don't see how that comparison really matters, much less a Kessel level winger in addition to a capable but slightly lesser replacement C.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I think you mortgage the future for Barrie right now. An offensive dman in this year seems to be a key peice

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
Kypreos and Friedman both reporting that Krieder is a real possibility with Strome part of the package.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Interesting comparison:

So which winger better than Draisaitl are we getting back for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins? You seem pretty adamant that Leon's just going to take the reins of that 2C spot and somehow magically all of those defensive matchups and PK time Nuge eats up will magically get covered.

Both Chiarelli and McLellan historically love their centers. Centers at center, centers on the wing, centers in the pressbox. Expect more of that.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
There's no way NYR is that stupid, it would have to be Strome + Yamamoto or Puljujarvi or 1st and I don't see how we can deal our 1st at this stage or Yamamoto (no way).

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Kypreos and Friedman both reporting that Krieder is a real possibility with Strome part of the package.

It's gotten to the point of ugly now with these guys. They have a new rumor everyday. Social media has forced them to stay relevant

Eklund is more credible these days

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Can you post the link? I'm not seeing anything on either's twitter.

Strome would have to be a very minor part of that package I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad