Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Nahhh he took two different rumours and mashed them together.

One weekend on Saturday headlines Kypreos said that the Oilers weren't married to keeping Strome and the next weekend Friedman said he could see the Rangers doing something, and then went on Oilers Now and mentioned Kreider as a good fit.

That makes sense. Rumors so easily spin out of control.
Just a hint of speculation and it soon becomes smoke.

There would have to be a pretty significant add to any deal involving Strome and a player like Kreider.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Strome for Duclair. Does either team do it?

Don't think they can do it right now cause they need someone to play C on the 3rd line and the way RNH is playing you don't take him out of the top 6.

Duclair has been a goal scorer at lower levels and does have a 20 goal year. He would add speed as well.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Strome for Duclair. Does either team do it?

Don't think they can do it right now cause they need someone to play C on the 3rd line and the way RNH is playing you don't take him out of the top 6.

Duclair has been a goal scorer at lower levels and does have a 20 goal year. He would add speed as well.
Oilers do it in a heartbeat, Arizona laughs.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Yeah but the will offer a better package than we can. Toronto can offer much more than we can and they are out of conference so an identical package from both teams would have it going to Toronto.

Unless it's Calgary than its a 1st and 2 2nds.
We might not have the winning bid and Toronto can definitely put a heck of a package together, but we can put together a competitive package that certainly won't require Drai just to get the conversation started as you have repeatedly stated.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Oilers do it in a heartbeat, Arizona laughs.
Duclair has been healthy scratched 5 times this year and he played pretty horribly in the AHL last year when he got demoted, I really don't think Arizona's coaches or management are particularly high on the player.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Duclair has been healthy scratched 5 times this year and he played pretty horribly in the AHL last year when he got demoted, I really don't think Arizona's coaches or management are particularly high on the player.
Kid has lots of raw talent that Strome really doesn't have.
Duclair has been healthy stratched but has the same amount of points that Strome does in less games. That said he was bad last year too.

They are both nothing players I guess

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Duclair has been healthy stratched but has the same amount of points that Strome does in less games. That said he was bad last year too.

I'm not sure I agree that there is a big difference in talent. Strome was an offensive force with Niagara in junior. Very creative. And his first two years as a pro showed promise. But he had issues with playing "the right way". It seems that for all but a few stars this means squeezing every ounce of creativity out of a player. It does not help that he is not the best skater.

Duclair went into his draft year very highly touted. . But he had significant consistency issues and fell like a rock. What he has on Strome is speed. He's more of a shooter than Strome, but I think Strome is much more talented with the puck. He had a good run after going to Arizona playing with a Domi and Hanzal but has never really come close again to duplicating that output. I have a significant concern that Duclair would find himself in the coaches bad books very soon after a trade.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Yakupov has a lot of raw talent too. Doesn't make him a good NHLer.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I'm not sure I agree that there is a big difference in talent. Strome was an offensive force with Niagara in junior. Very creative. And his first two years as a pro showed promise. But he had issues with playing "the right way". It seems that for all but a few stars this means squeezing every ounce of creativity out of a player. It does not help that he is not the best skater.

Duclair went into his draft year very highly touted. . But he had significant consistency issues and fell like a rock. What he has on Strome is speed. He's more of a shooter than Strome, but I think Strome is much more talented with the puck. He had a good run after going to Arizona playing with a Domi and Hanzal but has never really come close again to duplicating that output. I have a significant concern that Duclair would find himself in the coaches bad books very soon after a trade.

This is pretty much my view.

Both are struggling players with flaws but Duclair in my opinion could potentially be a better fit wth his speed and shooting ability. I though maybe Strome could be a fit as a winger in the top 6 with his puck skills and passing ability but his foot speed really hampers him. As a 3C I think there could be more suitable options available to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->