Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
So Toronto is supposed to make a decision on Soshnikov today, call him up or give him the option of bolting to the KHL, if Toronto decides to trade him instead does anyone want him. I kind of like him, but I think I've only caught about 2 and half games of him, I'm not sure if I like him better than Slepyshev, but he's pretty skilled, not as big, but has pretty solid work ethic. Soshnikov can play both wings and apparently can help on the PK, though I can't recall seeing him PK in my viewings of him.

Just browsing twitter someone said Friedman floated the idea of trading one of Leivo or Soshnikov to Edmonton, not a rumor from the sounds of it, just an off the cuff remark that he thought would make sense for both teams.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Strome for Duclair. Does either team do it?

Don't think they can do it right now cause they need someone to play C on the 3rd line and the way RNH is playing you don't take him out of the top 6.

Duclair has been a goal scorer at lower levels and does have a 20 goal year. He would add speed as well.

Honestly that's about the last trade you should be doing for Strome, and I'm not even a big fan of him.

If you're moving Ryan, I'd rather avoid the whole "struggling young player who could possibly excel in a new environment". The last thing the Oil need is another young pro trying to find there way in the NHL.

Get a guy that can anchor the bottom 6/3rd line, even if he'd only be here for a year or two. I'd much sooner look at something based around Plekanec (just an example) for Strome, than a guy like Duclair.

Not every trade needs to be thinking about long term potential, get a guy that can help in the now. Honestly I can't remember the last time the oil traded a younger guy or high pick for an older player. Talbot and Gryba at Chai's first draft maybe? Beyond them I can't see any on the active roster.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Soshnikov is another Slepyshev/Khaira type talent. Someone who's a bottom line talent with some potential to possibly move up but not likely to have a consistently noticeable impact on the roster. I don't dislike any of those players... but they don't make the team noticeably better either when they are in the lineup.

Duclair I view as several tiers above those types of players. I think Duclair is a top 6 talent and would be a solid addition to the Oilers roster.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
If the Oilers are planning on keeping RNH then I don't see how the Oilers can get Kreider unless the Rangers are willing to take Maroon+Strome. Moving our 1st, Pulju or Yamamoto is just simply stupid. Not worth the price for Kreider

Seriously, why would the Rangers even entertain that? That's an insulting offer.
They would likely want Pulju+1st and I agree, I'm not paying that price for Kreider and the Rangers have no reason to trade him barring a big overpay.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Strome has no value right now. I doubt any team in the NHL would want him

Strome has to drag around Jokinen and Pakarinen. A guy who should have retired and an AHL third liner.

I am surprised no one has given him that but I guess it is more fun to trash him and scream for Chia to be fired.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Strome has to drag around Jokinen and Pakarinen. A guy who should have retired and an AHL third liner.

I am surprised no one has given him that but I guess it is more fun to trash him and scream for Chia to be fired.

Both of those players have more hockey sense and commitment in their big toes than Strome has in his whole body.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Both of those players have more hockey sense and commitment in their big toes than Strome has in his whole body.
0-1-1
0-1-1
2-4-6

The two are beyond bad. They should not be in the league. Pretty hard to look good as a center when you are dragging that around. You can add Letestu to that list. Lazy beyond belief.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
0-1-1
0-1-1
2-4-6

The two are beyond bad. They should not be in the league. Pretty hard to look good as a center when you are dragging that around. You can add Letestu to that list. Lazy beyond belief.

Strome has had more looks with skilled players than the other two. Considering Joker is at the end of the road and Pak is a bottom-sixer, saying Strome is better is damning with faint praise indeed. He's a dud, plain and simple.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Would be a pretty classic Oilers move to run one of our better players out of town thanks to a crappy 15 game stretch.

I highly doubt it though.

The combo of his bad stretch, Nurse's elevation and the need for help up front are giving me the feeling that a Klef trade is inevitable.

North

Jun 25, 2009
The combo of his bad stretch, Nurse's elevation and the need for help up front are giving me the feeling that a Klef trade is inevitable.

He's been pretty bad. It's like every mistake he makes ends up in the back of the net and the problem is he keeps repeating the mistakes.

I don't want to trade him but I wouldn't be opposed to sitting him.

Having said that, if the other team makes a ridiculous, impossible to turn down offer, see ya Klef.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

It would be another classic Oilers move to assume Nurse is ready to step into a role replacing the guy because of the first real good 15 game stretch he's ever had.

It would be yet another one to sell as low as possible on one of our most valuable trade assets.

Hint: Classic Oilers moves are things that we should avoid doing.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
He's been pretty bad. It's like every mistake he makes ends up in the back of the net and the problem is he keeps repeating the mistakes.

I don't want to trade him but I wouldn't be opposed to sitting him.

Having said that, if the other team makes a ridiculous, impossible to turn down offer, see ya Klef.

Players have up and down stretches all the time and Klef juts passed the 200 game marker. He'll be fine and we likely lose any trade that sends him out the door.

It would be another classic Oilers move to assume Nurse is ready to step into a role replacing the guy because of the first real good 15 game stretch he's ever had.

It would be yet another one to sell as low as possible on one of our most valuable trade assets.

Hint: Classic Oilers moves are things that we should avoid doing.

I'm with you, but the new boss seems like the old boss to me when it comes to these things.

If we add to him for OEL sign me up!

I'd have to think long and hard about that. Sending a young and cheap D like Klef away for a guy who we might not even be able to keep in a year seems risky as hell to me.

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
0-1-1
0-1-1
2-4-6

I don't mean to defend Pakarinen too much, but in the last game Edmonton Journal gave him 7, which was the highest number any forward got (along with Lucic and Maroon). Here's what they wrote:

IIRO PAKARINEN. 7. A tremendous effort by Pakarinen tonight. I mean, I’ve already mentioned his name twice before I even got to his slot. Played a feature role in the Khaiara goal with a tenacious fore check, and perhaps saved a goal with an equally impressive back-check. Three shots in 12:12, including solid PK work.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Why assume any of that matters? The bigger question is whether they can afford the minimum $8M a year he'll command.
The question is whether we can afford OEL at 5.5M next year without moving RNH. Extending OEL to 8M is not a problem as we can trade Sekera and Russell when the time comes and the cap looking like 80M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad