Rumor: Trade Rumours & Proposals | Would NYR Move Kreider? | Reinhart Unclaimed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
They also mentioned Kovalchuk on Sattelite Hotstove. An option for us? We could really use his shot.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
No idea who Chiarelli would be looking at on the Panthers/Devils, or who is available. Maybe a PKer (Sceviour?). I'm not expecting anything huge but something has to be done before the season is lost. Can't just wait for Sekera to return and hope the team repeats last season.
Why wouldn't Chia just take in a game, we played in NY today, he could just take a cab over to New Jersey's arena. How long does it take to go from Madison Square Garden to the Prudential Center 30 mins? A little extra scouting never hurt anybody, he doesn't need to be looking at either of those teams as trade targets for it to make sense.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Why wouldn't Chia just take in a game, we played in NY today, he could just take a cab over to New Jersey's arena. How long does it take to go from Madison Square Garden to the Prudential Center 30 mins? A little extra scouting never hurt anybody, he doesn't need to be looking at either of those teams as trade targets for it to make sense.
Cause he has no connection to either team.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
And his shot release is still better than anyone on this team. He would help us on the PP at minimum.

Agreed. He could at least help Strome on the 3rd line IMO.

Iginla still wants to play in the NHL according to Kypreos.

A better signing than Kelly IMO.

Our PP doesn't need his shot. We have Letestu already.

I'd sooner give the chance to Puljujarvi, but if it's Letestu vs. Iginla, I'd take Iggy. Maybe he'd be fresher having not played 20ish games too?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So our wish list is PK forwards. Offensive D and skilled middle 6 wingers.

Targets? With rumors of us looking at trades with Florida or Jersey options I could see are..
Vrbata, Sceviour from Florida
Hayes from Jersey

Other than that I cannot think of much.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
So our wish list is PK forwards. Offensive D and skilled middle 6 wingers.

Targets? With rumors of us looking at trades with Florida or Jersey options I could see are..
Vrbata, Sceviour from Florida
Hayes from Jersey

Other than that I cannot think of much.
Aside from the fact that I don't think taking in a near by game in person that is convenient to your schedule as "trade rumor worthy". Teams also don't generally trade newly signed acquisitions 1/5th of the way into a season I doubt Hayes or Vrbata are being shopped, could change when both are clearly out of the playoff picture, but seems to soon IMO.

Pieces I could see us interested in:

Florida-
  • Derek McKenzie- if we are interested in signing Kelly he's the same thing but better (team captain for Florida)
  • Colton Sceviour- versatile bottom 6 winger who can chip in
  • Keith Yandle- seems a bit early for this relationship to fray and Yandle negotiated an NMC for a reason, but Chia does tend to like having one pure offensive d-man, basically a glorified 4th forward if you will.
  • Alex Petrovic- I don't think this type of player is on his want to acquire list presently, but this kind of player Chia tends to like if he is openly being shopped as rumored I could see Chia kicking tires on him (didn't play this game he took in)
  • Jamie McGinn- Chia openly admitted to being interested in him in the past. Unlike Hayes and Vrbata who were two recent acquisitions by choice, I think McGinn trade wasn't so much that they wanted him more that they simply wanted to rid themselves of Demers and he was the piece they had to take back (salary/contract reasons).
  • Nick Bjugstad- Also fits Chia's M.O., not a good fit given his salary, but I'm not entirely sure how conscious Chia is of those sorts of things.
New Jersey-
  • Miles Wood- fits the speed criteria we are looking for and while NJD is building their identity around being speedy, he isn't playing so high up in the line-up that you'd think he be an untouchable.
I'm sure Jersey is open to moving Ben Lovejoy and I'm guessing he'd prefer that as well given his playing time or lack thereof, but I think Chia is sharp enough to stay away from him given his contract. IMO Jersey is on a good path for a young team and they shouldn't be looking to make many changes, this is a developmental year for them and they seem to have a clear direction and style of play.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
This Washington game could very well make or break our season. If it breaks it though, as upset as I will be, it wont be the end of the world. Even great teams have down years and miss the playoffs.

Keep Pulju up this year. After watching last nights game, its clear that this is the best place for his development. I think theres a good chance both he and Yamamoto are read to take the top 2 RW spots and run with it next season.

Hope that RNH keeps up the solid play. He either forces us to keep him, or for once, actually yields us a solid return in a trade.

If we miss the playoffs, pray for a high pick in this deep draft and watch the boards explode. Another fast, NHL ready player would only add to the fun next season.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
without sounding too mean

those talking about Kovey as being a serious option need to give their head a shake

the guy is a problem child on and off the ice. Even when he went back to mother russia he caused trouble there

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
No idea who Chiarelli would be looking at on the Panthers/Devils, or who is available. Maybe a PKer (Sceviour?). I'm not expecting anything huge but something has to be done before the season is lost. Can't just wait for Sekera to return and hope the team repeats last season.

Two Panthers players logged an unusually high amount of ice-time last night- and no, neither was Petrovic, who was scratched again. If that's who Chiarelli went to see, he'd have left disappointed.

Otherwise, Bjugstad played the most in a game since Halloween; however, he scored a goal, so it makes sense he might get a couple extra shifts.

The other was Vrbata, who was on the ice for the second-most minutes all season despite doing little statistically to earn it.

Maybe both teams swap underwhelming free agent signings; Jokinen was a beast in Florida- but more importantly for the Panthers, he's much cheaper.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Two Panthers players logged an unusually high amount of ice-time last night- and no, neither was Petrovic, who was scratched again. If that's who Chiarelli went to see, he'd have left disappointed.

Otherwise, Bjugstad played the most in a game since Halloween; however, he scored a goal, so it makes sense he might get a couple extra shifts.

The other was Vrbata, who was on the ice for the second-most minutes all season despite doing little statistically to earn it.

Maybe both teams swap underwhelming free agent signings; Jokinen was a beast in Florida- but more importantly for the Panthers, he's much cheaper.
Jokinen was bought out by Florida, they aren't going to trade for him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Jokinen was bought out by Florida, they aren't going to trade for him.
unless it was for financial reasons, and also their record is bad so maybe they miss him.

It wouldn't be the first time something like that happened. Remember when Anaheim let Beauchmin go but then paid through the nose to trade for him? Florida getting Jokinen back would be far less extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad