Trade Proposals

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
It may make it harder to compete, but that doesn't mean other top teams in the West should fold their tents and go home for the season.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
It may make it harder to compete, but that doesn't mean other top teams in the West should fold their tents and go home for the season.
No they won't fold - it will just open the flood gates and other teams that are teetering will make their move. Getting 2 or 3 rounds of playoff hockey is a good thing for most teams.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
No they won't fold - it will just open the flood gates and other teams that are teetering will make their move. Getting 2 or 3 rounds of playoff hockey is a good thing for most teams.
I never mentioned teams folding in my post. I just said it will be harder to compete with the Soo if they get Raddysh plus another top end player with the team they are icing already. If this rumour turned into a fact it puts huge pressure on all "wanna be" teams that feel they have a shot at more than a round in the play offs. The western teams that want to compete would really have to bolster line ups by the deadline to compete with the Soo and Sarnia. Sarnia will undoubtedly make some sort of deal to strengthen there line up simply because the Soo is ahead of them at the moment.

Reactions: HF92

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Attack picked up Olivier Lafreniere from 67's can't see any big plays in trades anytime soon Oliver would be the 3rd goalie brought in by DeGray this year hopefully can bring steady tending but I'd say if the Attack end up being on the outside of the postseason looking in by trade deadline then safe to say the Attack will try and get younger for the future. However if OS can climb the standings then they'll probably sit pat on trade deadline day unless an improvement in depth can be added for the remainder of the season and in to next season.
If goaltending has not been steady, makes me wonder why they flipped Propp so fast ?

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
If i was Windsor i'd be willing to part with DiPietro and Brown to Kitchener for the following.....Damiani, Ladd, 2 2nds and 1 3rd and 1 4th from the upcoming 2018 draft, 1 2nd in 2019...for starters. LOL Discuss

Reactions: OHLTG

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
If i was Windsor i'd be willing to part with DiPietro and Brown to Kitchener for the following.....Damiani, Ladd, 2 2nds and 1 3rd and 1 4th from the upcoming 2018 draft, 1 2nd in 2019...for starters. LOL Discuss
Damiani is a huge part of this team and captain material down the road. Brown has injury issues. Too risky for that price.

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014

Windsor would demand far more that that in my opinion. Consider that Pu (worse that Brown) got Dunkley (similar to Damiani) and picks. That would value DiPietro at Ladd and maybe a pick. Not enough.

Reactions: TheCoach

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
my guess is brown goes to Ottawa for what not sure but I believe he may end up there

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

I think Windsor would want a couple of more picks because, as it stands, it's...

Brown for Ladd + 2nd + 3rd

DiPietro for Damiani + 2nd + 2nd + 4th.

I don't know if the DiPietro part of that would be enough for Windsor. I LIKE the offer in general, but would the Spits? Throw in a couple more picks and I can see Rychel signing...

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Wonder if Sarnia would be interested in Jones and Mete
to Sarnia Jones+Mete
to London Rees+Hinz+2nd ??? or is that to rich for Sarnia

Reactions: LDN

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Wonder if Sarnia would be interested in Jones and Mete
to Sarnia Jones+Mete
to London Rees+Hinz+2nd ??? or is that to rich for Sarnia

Or, would Sarnia be interested in selling?

London has a pretty impressive record this season if you exclude the first 10 games of the season. As a result, many look at their record since the first 10 games and point to them as being a team that may go deep in the post season so maybe they should buy.

Conversely, if you exclude Sarnia's great start this season, they are just an ordinary team. Couple that with their current five game losing streak and the fact they are 3-7 in their last 10 games, and maybe this team may want to explore selling. Sarnia is a very young team. They return the bulk of their players. They only have five 98 born players - four of which are OA possibilities next year. They already have a near full draft cupboard. Should this team sell a couple non returning players to give them even more assets for an all in season next year?

Could the following deal happen?

To Kitchener:
Jordan Kyrou
Justin Fazio

To Sarnia:
Grayson Ladd
Chris McGonigle
2nd in 2018
2nd in 2021
2nd in 2023
2nd in 2024
3rd in 2018
3rd in 2020
3rd in 2021
4th in 2020

The going rate over the last year or so for a WJC forward is in the ballpark of a 16 year old first round pick, three 2nds and two 3rds.

The 2nd, 3rd and 4th along with back up McGonigle may be fair value for Fazio.

This trade addresses the fact that Sarnia is without 2nd and 3rd round draft picks in the 2018 draft. Most of the draft picks going to Sarnia's way are a little further away than 2018 so that they can be used as ammunition should they decide to go all in, in the next year or so. McGonigle is included to give Sarnia their new number one goalie Hughes a decent back up as Hughes will now get the opportunity to play the bulk of the games.

Reactions: Stingland and LDN

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010

London has a pretty impressive record this season if you exclude the first 10 games of the season. As a result, many look at their record since the first 10 games and point to them as being a team that may go deep in the post season so maybe they should buy.

Conversely, if you exclude Sarnia's great start this season, they are just an ordinary team. Couple that with their current five game losing streak and the fact they are 3-7 in their last 10 games, and maybe this team may want to explore selling. Sarnia is a very young team. They return the bulk of their players. They only have five 98 born players - four of which are OA possibilities next year. They already have a near full draft cupboard. Should this team sell a couple non returning players to give them even more assets for an all in season next year?

To Kitchener:
Jordan Kyrou
Justin Fazio

To Sarnia:
Grayson Ladd
Chris McGonigle
2nd in 2018
2nd in 2021
2nd in 2023
2nd in 2024
3rd in 2018
3rd in 2020
3rd in 2021
4th in 2020

The going rate over the last year or so for a WJC forward is in the ballpark of a 16 year old first round pick, three 2nds and two 3rds.

This trade addresses the fact that Sarnia is without 2nd and 3rd round draft picks in the 2018 draft. Most of the draft picks going to Sarnia's way are a little further away than 2018 so that they can be used as ammunition should they decide to go all in, in the next year or so. McGonigle is included to give Sarnia their new number one goalie Hughes a decent back up as Hughes will now get the opportunity to play the bulk of the games.

EvenSteven, Please get this deal done for the Sting.

Reactions: Stingland and LDN

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
my guess is brown goes to Ottawa for what not sure but I believe he may end up there
very doubtful imo, why would Ottawa do this for a half year player when we are not a contender. If they go after anybody its Dipietro, we need a goalie.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Need D , just need to pony up now. Quarterback and a shut down D would do the trick
To be a contender, the Sting need 2 top D men and another strong F. Problem is, they don't have what they need to give up to get this. Making one trade or getting a 3/4 D man is pointless. They have a great group of 16 yr olds. Making a trade like the one EvenSteven said would help the Sting build on their 2017 draft and be a top team for the next 2/3 years instead of being an average/below average team over the next 5 seasons.

Reactions: Stingland

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007

To Kitchener:
Jordan Kyrou
Justin Fazio

To Sarnia:
Grayson Ladd
Chris McGonigle
2nd in 2018
2nd in 2021
2nd in 2023
2nd in 2024
3rd in 2018
3rd in 2020
3rd in 2021
4th in 2020

Ahhh...you see my logic now in raising the possibility of a trade with Sarnia!!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Stingland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad