Brown
McEneny (OA)

To Windsor

Ladd
2018 Nia 2nd, Sag 2nd, Sag 3rd, Kit 4th
2019 Kgn 2nd, Bar 3rd
2021 Miss 2nd, Osh 3rd
2025 Kit 2nd, Kit 3rd
Clear up conditional 2025 pick from the Bracco deal.

Windsor needs to find out what they have with Baier and Patton moving forward so I would hope they don't bring back a goaltender.

I believe they only have 3 cards as well and Patton is on a B card so if DiPietro is moved and they don't bring in a goaltender they need 1 card for Patton.

Windsor also will not be ready to contend until 2020/21 which means any 2000 born players need to be players who will likely be back as an OA or 2001 players who will be part of their 19 year old core in that season.

Kitchener doesn't empty the cupboard completely and still keep their young contributors.

If they move DiPietro next year they recoup a good chunk of the picks.

Keep Richardson as the back up, takes over starter role next year.

A lot of picks but doesn't hurt Kitchener's line up too much going forward.

Thoughts?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Windsor - Kitchener

To Kitchener

DiPietro
Brown
McEneny (OA)

To Windsor

Ladd
2019 Kgn 2nd, Bar 3rd
2021 Miss 2nd, Osh 3rd
2025 Kit 2nd, Kit 3rd

Windsor needs to find out what they have with Baier and Patton moving forward so I would hope they don't bring back a goaltender.

I believe they only have 3 cards as well and Patton is on a B card so if DiPietro is moved and they don't bring in a goaltender they need 1 card for Patton.

Windsor also will not be ready to contend until 2020/21 which means any 2000 born players need to be players who will likely be back as an OA or 2001 players who will be part of their 19 year old core in that season.

Kitchener doesn't empty the cupboard completely and still keep their young contributors.

Thoughts?

Ladd, Guest & 2018 - 2,2,3,4 is a lot of near future to ask for all at once

member 71782

Ladd, Guest & 2018 - 2,2,3,4 is a lot of near future to ask for all at once

It is but it leaves Vallati and Damiani off the table, allows Kitchener to keep Richardson as their backup so it doesn't open anymore holes to Kitchener's line up for this year and if Kitchener still wants to add they have a few assets, including those stated to do so.

Both teams benefit, no one is handicapped.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Windsor - Kitchener

To Kitchener

DiPietro
Brown
McEneny (OA)

To Windsor

Ladd
2019 Kgn 2nd, Bar 3rd
2021 Miss 2nd, Osh 3rd
2025 Kit 2nd, Kit 3rd

Thoughts?

It doesn't completely empty our cupboard and sure, we will be able to deal DiPietro again in the off-season to recoup many of those picks. But Kitchener will still need to try and acquire a front line offensive defenseman. Outside of goaltending, that's probably their next big hole that needs to be filled.
McEneny doesn't fill it. Had Day still been a Spit he could have been included in this hypothetical with a couple more picks going Windsor's way.

No way can Kitchener be moving Damiani Vallati this year. That would be sideways moves. So therefore, to acquire that front line offence of defenseman, we would need more assets in the way of draft picks than what you've left us after this deal.

I still like my Sarnia deal above. It would still leave enough assets to maybe acquire Cam Dineen from North bay

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Ahhh...you see my logic now in raising the possibility of a trade with Sarnia!!! :)

Sarnia being a seller never entered my mind until you brought it up on the Kitchener thread last night. I think it would make a whole lot of sense for Sarnia to sell after having looked at their situation.

member 71782

It doesn't completely empty our cupboard and sure, we will be able to deal DiPietro again in the off-season to recoup many of those picks. But Kitchener will still need to try and acquire a front line offensive defenseman. Outside of goaltending, that's probably their next big hole that needs to be filled.
McEneny doesn't fill it. Had Day still been a Spit he could have been included in this hypothetical with a couple more picks going Windsor's way.

I still like my Sarnia deal above. It would still leave enough assets to maybe acquire Cam Dineen from North bay

When looking at other proposals where people suggested Vallati or Damiani as having to be part of a deal for DiPietro/Brown I figured something centred more around picks would work better for both teams while still leaving them as an option for Kitchener in other deals.

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
It is but it leaves Vallati and Damiani off the table, allows Kitchener to keep Richardson as their backup so it doesn't open anymore holes to Kitchener's line up for this year and if Kitchener still wants to add they have a few assets, including those stated to do so.

Both teams benefit, no one is handicapped.
When looking at other proposals where people suggested Vallati or Damiani as having to be part of a deal for DiPietro/Brown I figured something centred more around picks would work better for both teams while still leaving them as an option for Kitchener in other deals.

Makes sense. But we would likely still have to include one of them in a deal for an elite defenseman with what we have left in picks after your hypothetical Windsor deal. We would never be able to go to North Bay and get Butler to deal us Dineen and expect him to accept distant second and third round picks. He really wouldn't need any in 2018 because he has two now. But I'm sure if he's dealing Dineen, he'll want at least one second in 2019. Northbay currently does not have one in 2019.

So Butler will look at us and say the only way you're getting Dineen is if one of Vallati or Damiani comes our way. And that'll stops talks right there.

Perhaps you could adjust a couple of the second round picks (one each in 2018 and 2019) in your hypothetical to second round picks much more distant down the road. Make them conditional. Say in 2027 and 2028. The conditions would be that the second round picks in 21 and 22 that come back to us via the Tortora deal go to Windsor in their place. Add an extra 3rd and 4th for allowing us to keep the 2nds in 18 and 19.

Reactions: View from section 9

member 71782

Makes sense. But we would likely still have to include one of them in a deal for an elite defenseman with what we have left in picks after your hypothetical Windsor deal. We would never be able to go to North Bay and get Butler to deal us Dineen and expect him to accept distant second and third round picks. He really wouldn't need any in 2018 because he has two now. But I'm sure if he's dealing Dineen, he'll want at least one second in 2019. Northbay currently does not have one in 2019.

So Butler will look at us and say the only way you're getting Dineen is if one of Vallati or Damiani comes our way. And that'll stops talks right there.

Perhaps you could adjust a couple of the second round picks (one each in 2018 and 2019) in your hypothetical to second round picks much more distant down the road. Make them conditional. Say in 2027 and 2028. The conditions would be that the second round picks in 21 and 22 that come back to us via the Tortora deal go to Windsor in their place. Add an extra 3rd and 4th for allowing us to keep the 2nds in 18 and 19.

While anything is possible you have to figure Rychel is looking to get at least 2 2nds and a 3rd in 2018 plus a minimum of a 2nd and a 3rd in 2019.

Brown and DiPietro are his last chances to accomplish that at the deadline and if both were dealt to Kitchener at the deadline I can't see him giving up on early picks during a rebuild when he has none and is moving his last two pieces.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
While anything is possible you have to figure Rychel is looking to get at least 2 2nds and a 3rd in 2018 plus a minimum of a 2nd and a 3rd in 2019.

Brown and DiPietro are his last chances to accomplish that at the deadline and if both were dealt to Kitchener at the deadline I can't see him giving up on early picks during a rebuild when he has none and is moving his last two pieces.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Of course Rychel would look to do that. The problems are; no other team could/would match Guest, Ladd, & 2018-2,2,3,4 & 2019-2,3 (four consecutive years of top talent) and, several other options would be available for that return. Erie, Sarnia, London, Saginaw, OS, Peterborough all look at that haul and say take whatever graduating ‘99s, and any ‘98s, & ‘97s you need

Last edited:
Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

Which is why I feel that a deal with Windsor of this magnitude, though a fair one, doesn't make sense considering the Rangers wouldn't be done shopping. Rangers need to address the blue line and need the picks to do it.

member 71782

Regardless of what any of us thinks I'm sure any deal will look much different than our proposals.

The rumour is Brown to Kitchener for Ladd plus 2nds and 3rds, exactly what year those 2nds and 3rds are in nobody knows but believed to be 2018 and 2019.

Will DiPietro be included? No one knows but he will/should return substantially more than Brown.

Regardless of whomever else Kitchener brings in, Brown plus a top end D from elsewhere will their current goaltending be enough? Will any other goaltender available stack up against that of the other contenders?

In the end does it cost them as much or more and is the trade off at various positions worth it.

I think for Kitchener it comes down to Brown/lower level D/best goaltender available, who will return

versus

Brown/best D available/lower level goaltender, none of which likely returns for the same cost/possibly more.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Wow Bob McKenzie/Mark Edwards are saying Robert Thomas to HAM, Logan Brown to KIT, Max Jones to KGN and Taylor Raddysh to SSM

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Wow Bob McKenzie/Mark Edwards are saying Robert Thomas to HAM, Logan Brown to KIT, Max Jones to KGN and Taylor Raddysh to SSM
Crazy
I would say if this is true.
Thomas for McMichael + four 2nds +
Brown for Ladd + three 2nds +
Jones for Popov + two 2nds +
Raddysh for Fowler + four 2nds +

Reactions: TheCoach

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Crazy
I would say if this is true.
Thomas for McMichael + four 2nds +
Brown for Ladd + three 2nds +
Jones for Popov + two 2nds +
Raddysh for Fowler + four 2nds +

it will suck to move Thomas such a character guy but the return is something that cant be passed up plus conditional picks knights come out and take control of the trade market something we thought they might have fallen behind on :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Big buyers: Kitchener, Hamilton, Kingston, SOO, Sarnia, Barrie
Sellers: London, Peterborough, Windsor, Erie, North Bay, Guelph
Unsure or standing pat: Mississauga, Owen Sound, Niagara, Saginaw, Ottawa, Oshawa, Sudbury, Flint

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Any half decent '98 defensemen that might be available for trade tomorrow? Ones that are likely to stick around for their OA season but may not necessarily fit their team's plans next season?

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Any half decent '98 defensemen that might be available for trade tomorrow? Ones that are likely to stick around for their OA season but may not necessarily fit their team's plans next season?

Like Sean Allen? Maybe Matthew Timms, but he would surely fit any team's plans next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad