Proposal: Trade proposal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
on Anderson....Versatile, he was a big scorer in the junior ranks but also an accomplished role player. Works hard and isn't shy about playing a physical brand of hockey. Owns terrific size, too.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
if Columbus were willing to trade a good D, Duchene would be on their roster by now.
I believe that our fans are getting away from the facts about Galchenyuk's offensive capabilities, prorated stats show him being tied for 20th OV last year with Ovechkin at 69pts over 82 games played. Hard to trade a player with that upside @ 23yrs. old, unless the Habs get a younger center or 1st pairing Dman back, IMHO!!!... CBJ's have 19yrs.old center Pierre Luc Dubois, if the Habs don't make the playoffs, Trade Deadline if CBJ's are in the playoff's?

Reactions: HankyZetts

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I believe that our fans are getting away from the facts about Galchenyuk's offensive capabilities, prorated stats show him being tied for 20th OV last year with Ovechkin at 69pts over 82 games played. Hard to trade a player with that upside @ 23yrs. old, unless the Habs get a younger center or 1st pairing Dman back, IMHO!!!... CBJ's have 19yrs.old center Pierre Luc Dubois, if the Habs don't make the playoffs, Trade Deadline if CBJ's are in the playoff's?

Galchenyuk has been around top-30 in the NHL in P/60 for two and half seasons now. Maybe play him like a top-6 player? He always produces when he's in those situations.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yeah, signing Neil :biglaugh:
If this happens, it will be just another chapter in the "Bargain Bin History".

At least Streit will have a friend with him who won't play a lot.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Anderson + Murray would be great.

What's happening with Athanasiou in Detroit ? Another guy I would like to have on the Habs.

Far better for the Habs to pursue Athanasiou or Dylan Larkin both speedy centers, with Detroit's salary cap problems. Possibly Larkin & Mantha would clear their cap space to resign Athanasiou, not doing this as an out for Detroit as much as doing a solid for two very great Original Six teams. Don't know what type of deal Holland & Bergevin could cook up that would seal a deal, better to prosper than fall on your sword IMHO!!!...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Far better for the Habs to pursue Athanasiou or Dylan Larkin both speedy centers, with Detroit's salary cap problems. Possibly Larkin & Mantha would clear their cap space to resign Athanasiou, not doing this as an out for Detroit as much as doing a solid for two very great Original Six teams. Don't know what type of deal Holland & Bergevin could cook up that would seal a deal, better to prosper than fall on your sword IMHO!!!...

Larkin comes from Detroit. I'd be very surprised they'd move him.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Larkin comes from Detroit. I'd be very surprised they'd move him.

After the Gretzky trade, nothing would shock this old hockey fan, possibly taking Zetterberg's contract alongside Larkin & Mantha might just create the trade needed for both franchises. Galchenyuk & Scherbak clearing out the room for those incoming.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Mike Brown, John Scott, Chris Neil, why does Bergevin spend so much time in guys who aren't NHL players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad