Proposal: Trade proposal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Going by Bergevin's overall moves, the more you hear about it, the less likely it will be that it's the move he ends up making, in the end.

However, it just goes to show that there might not be many obvious, young, talented top-6 C that are currently underused and overpaid on a team with looming Cap trouble ;)

If Bergevin manages to add a young, talented top-6 C for a reasonable price and that this player is someone that nobody saw coming, I just hope that people stop feeding the propaganda that Bergevin is a stupid person.

That's just mean and hateful for no reason.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Going by Bergevin's overall moves, the more you hear about it, the less likely it will be that it's the move he ends up making, in the end.

However, it just goes to show that there might not be many obvious, young, talented top-6 C that are currently underused and overpaid on a team with looming Cap trouble ;)

If Bergevin manages to add a young, talented top-6 C for a reasonable price and that this player is someone that nobody saw coming, I just hope that people stop feeding the propaganda that Bergevin is a stupid person.

That's fine and reasonable but will the fans on the opposite side of spectrum admit that we may be lacking in management , if RNH is traded for a mediocre package?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Drouin's your guy, I have close to no doubts at this point that he's the one they think has the potential to be that center.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Drouin's your guy, I have close to no doubts at this point that he's the one they think has the potential to be that center.

Right on let's ruin him too instead of just using him in the way that he has been used since junior.

Total habs move.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Right on let's ruin him too instead of just using him in the way that he has been used since junior.

Total habs move.

Isn't this exactly what happened with Chucky?

Drouin at least played at center his entire last year in Junior where he managed to get 108 points in only 46 GP and 41 points in 16 GP in the PO.

Chucky didn't even play center in Sarnia before making the jump...

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
RE: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=135330205&postcount=1018

Ok, lets start.

First, he's sheltered:

nurseda95

He's also not great at holding the line:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/sean.tierney#!/vizhome/Guardingtheline-201617/Dashboard2

Or protecting the crease:

nurseda95

He also gets favourable zone starts (although not significantly so).

He's closer to a more physical Beaulieu with worse vision. Don't hype him up because he's a high pick.

The idea that he could play with Weber within the next couple of years is pretty crazy.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
That's fine and reasonable but will the fans on the opposite side of spectrum admit that we may be lacking in management , if RNH is traded for a mediocre package?

You mean, to another team, right? Or by mediocre, did you mean that Montreal overpaid, like Galchenyuk and Lehkonen for RNH, for example?

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Drouin at least played at center his entire last year in Junior where he managed to get 108 points in only 46 GP and 41 points in 16 GP in the PO.

Chucky did play C in Sarnia before making the jump, but only for large parts of one season, if I'm not mistaken. That was the year that he played with Yakupov on his RW.

Jul 6, 2016
Chucky did play C in Sarnia before making the jump, but only for large parts of one season, if I'm not mistaken. That was the year that he played with Yakupov on his RW.

... And the following season, he was injured for every games of the regular season but two. In his last half season, before being called up by the habs, he was playing RW with Sarault as his centerman.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

You've been bashing Galchenyuk's center game for months.. but there's NO DOUBT in your mind Drouin is our next number 1 center? You're being very dishonest here.

Drouin is just as unreliable as Galchenyuk defensively. Has less experienced than Galchenyuk at Center. Has worst face-off% than Galchenyuk.

I'm pretty sure Galchenyuk's production is actually better at C than wing and the team record is also better when he played C.

I actually don't mind to see Drouin being tried at C but it just make me laugh that you don't hold Drouin with the same standards as Galchenyuk.

I love Drouin but he's not perfect.. far from it. He produced a lot of points on the PP but he was a "risky" player. He liked to dangle with the puck and will often lose it eventually. Those are the things you keep using the bash Galchenyuk and Subban.. but suddendly Drouin is the perfect guy for you at 1st C..

Lots of Kovalev comparaison on the Bolts board. ******** of talent but lots of irresponsible turnover. Personally I don't mind that that's why I like Kovy, PK, Drouin, AG... but historically you seem to hate players like that so it does sound like you're only ignoring all those facts just because Drouin was recently brought by MB.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

No, I'm talking about the year after he was drafted.

Basically what happened is that he played center at 16 years old during the 10/11 season then he missed a complete season in 11/12, got drafted 3rd overall, played 33 games on the wing in 12/13 with Sarault centering him and then he made the jump to the NHL and there were people asking for him to play center right away... :shakehead

I mean the kid barely played center since he was 16 for god sake.

Drouin got a full season at center after he was drafted.

I could care less where Tampa used him on their roster, this guy has center written all over him. The way he sees the ice, the way he can find teammates and dish the puck to them, the way he can stickhandle, the way he can drive the play...

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
You mean, to another team, right? Or by mediocre, did you mean that Montreal overpaid, like Galchenyuk and Lehkonen for RNH, for example?

Of course another team. Meaning if he gets traded for something worth less than Gallagher and a pick.

mbz

Jun 10, 2008
Moncton, NB
Bozak
for
2nd 2019 + 3rd 2018 + Davidson

Drouin-Galchenyuk-Lehkonen
Pacioretty-Bozak-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-Mitchell-McCarron

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You've been bashing Galchenyuk's center game for months.. but there's NO DOUBT in your mind Drouin is our next number 1 center? You're being very dishonest here.

Drouin is just as unreliable as Galchenyuk defensively. Has less experienced than Galchenyuk at Center. Has worst face-off% than Galchenyuk.

I'm pretty sure Galchenyuk's production is actually better at C than wing and the team record is also better when he played C.

I actually don't mind to see Drouin being tried at C but it just make me laugh that you don't hold Drouin with the same standards as Galchenyuk.

I love Drouin but he's not perfect.. far from it. He produced a lot of points on the PP but he was a "risky" player. He liked to dangle with the puck and will often lose it eventually. Those are the things you keep using the bash Galchenyuk and Subban.. but suddendly Drouin is the perfect guy for you at 1st C..

Lots of Kovalev comparaison on the Bolts board. ******** of talent but lots of irresponsible turnover. Personally I don't mind that that's why I like Kovy, PK, Drouin, AG... but historically you seem to hate players like that so it does sound like you're only ignoring all those facts just because Drouin was recently brought by MB.

If Drouin will struggle as much as Chucky at center I'm going to bash his play also don't you worry buddy.

All I'm arguing here is that I can see Drouin being that center we're waiting for.

Hell, I didn't even completely eliminate the possibility Chucky gets his **** together and becomes a reliable center. He just needs to get a clue defensively.

Drouin barely played center at the NHL level so on what exactly are you basing your comments about his reliability at center?

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Bozak
for

Byron-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-Mitchell-McCarron

I wouldn't move those picks for Bozak- that package is close enough to get us RNH that it wouldb be a waste

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

Was that really the knock on Kovalev? Wasn't it that he was a no-show 3 out of 4 games instead. I honestly don't think that the two players are comparable in that respect.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Bozak
for

Byron-Danault-Shaw
Hudon-Mitchell-McCarron

Too much for bozak. Hes also closer to a third line guy. Sort of like Danault at this point of his career.

paddy

Aug 2, 2005
There ARE centers available... Bergevin just needs to be a little creative. Good GM's find ways. Trade chips with good value that we can somewhat part with (depending on the return) are Patches and Gallagher.

If you don't have the right assets for a certain trade, you can always try to acquire necessary assets with another trade before. For example, a defensemen for Duchene.

Easier said than done, yes. But that's what a good GM is supposed to do instead of status quo and finding excuses.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
If Drouin will struggle as much as Chucky at center I'm going to bash his play also don't you worry buddy.

All I'm arguing here is that I can see Drouin being that center we're waiting for.

Hell, I didn't even completely eliminate the possibility Chucky gets his **** together and becomes a reliable center. He just needs to get a clue defensively.

Drouin barely played center at the NHL level so on what exactly are you basing your comments about his reliability at center?

He very well could be and I hope they try him. I just wouldn't bank everything on it. We need a decent 2C at the very least. Wonder if Kouvu or Staal become available.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Of course another team. Meaning if he gets traded for something worth less than Gallagher and a pick.

Something clearly less than Gallagher +, yes. Something subjectively less than Gallagher + because of your personal taste and because you said so, no.

If they are comparable, but the guy heading to EDM as the centrepiece of the deal, for example, doesn't score as many goals as Gallagher might, but is bigger than Gallagher, a more defensive player and a bit better at playmaking, I wouldn't say it's a clearly better deal just because you have a personal attachment to Gallagher and you can't fathom that this other guy was useful to EDM. Especially if the pick(s) is/are better ranked than ours.

Use the Erat for Forsberg example as clear cut atrocious deal.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
He very well could be and I hope they try him. I just wouldn't bank everything on it. We need a decent 2C at the very least. Wonder if Kouvu or Staal become available.

For 4.5M like he was making before, I think Saku would sign the papers and come back ;)

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

I'm not just talking about being unreliable at C but in general, mostly at wing but to be honest, I'm just basing on what the lighting fans said about him. I haven't watched Drouin enough to have a personal opinion on him but I've heard that one of his biggest flaws is defensively and plays a risky game.. which is not ideal for a center.

But like I said, I don't mind that we try Drouin at C. He sure has the passing ability and IQ to succeed there.

I just want that if he does well, we keep him there and not take him off at the first occasion. We need stability at C. Either one of Galchenyuk or Drouin has to be develop as a full time C if we can't bring a legit top 6 by trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->