NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Don't know if anyone saw this before.

This is the most Bergevin thing ever.

Jesus.

in before the tsunami wave of "cheap depth no risk contract, how can you complain about that?" posts in response to signing a terrible player that isn't even good for depth.

cough*StreitSigningThead*cough

I don't care if we sign him for free, or if he pays the Habs to be on the roster. He sucks and we don't need him, or any more fourth line plugs.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I feel like the Habs should look into the Josh Anderson situation. Not sure what it would take in a trade, I don't think Columbus is desperate to make a move yet. Also not sure if he's looking for a ridiculous contract either.

But he's big and mobile and uses he size and can play in a middle-6 role without looking out of place. Habs need size up front.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
i Actually dont mind neil. he might bring back from the dead some of our floaters

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I think Bergervin is calling around and I think there's a match with us and Carolina Hurricanes.

Alex Galchenyuk for Noah Hanifin

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Because he has a bunch of soft, small forwards that can't look after themselves, so he has someone to protect them?

Signing Chris Neil for a fourth line role at a minimum salary isn't the end of the world. We could definitely use a guy like that, to keep other teams a little more honest.

I'd rather Neil on the fourth line, than Martinsen or a few other soft players. Pretty obvious McCarron isn't making the team, so Neil can slot in there nicely. Veteran player, cheap contract, good guy in the dressing room. I don't really see how it's a bad move.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't know how Chris Neil can help. The Habs have enough wingers so no spot is available for Neil. Pacioretty, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Hemsky, Hudon, Lehkonen, Byron, and Shaw. Those wingers take up all the wing spots. Where will Neil fit in? He's unnecessary to me. If this was a few years back, I'd be on board.

Also, Habs offered him a PTO but he wants a contract. So I doubt Habs will go from offering a PTO and suddenly forego that and just offer him a contract.

I'd rather give contracts to Jagr or Iginla before I do Chris Neil.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Neil ? Lol. And it isn't funny.

In today's NHL a 4th line needs to be able to kick in about 25 goals. Over a 6 game post season that is about 2 goals.

With the uselessness of having added Ott ( he actually tried tjough) , Martinsen and King, and people having it to the gills with the dumpster diving, this could just trigger a full out psychotic episode by many Habs fans.

I would also rather keep DLR and Carr over Neil.

Stop digging MB, just stop.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
i Actually dont mind neil. he might bring back from the dead some of our floaters

I read a bunch of these posts when we acquired Ott last year. These guys may have been effect at one point, but should be in retirement. Ott did the smart thing and did retire.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
The only solace I take in the Neil tragedy is that Bobby Mac said this morning that he didn't hear anything about that and that Neil was looking for a contract in stead of a PTO but he was at the bottom rung behind guys like Iginla etc. Went so far as to say that Upshall got picked up by St. Louis because he did take a PTO and was more ready than other players who hadn't.

I'd put a pin in the whole Neil drama for now.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Tsn said Tavares could be available. NYI is a mess right now with ownership and area.

Alex Galchenyuk
Noah Juulsen
1st round pick
?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Because he has a bunch of soft, small forwards that can't look after themselves, so he has someone to protect them?

Signing Chris Neil for a fourth line role at a minimum salary isn't the end of the world. We could definitely use a guy like that, to keep other teams a little more honest.

I'd rather Neil on the fourth line, than Martinsen or a few other soft players. Pretty obvious McCarron isn't making the team, so Neil can slot in there nicely. Veteran player, cheap contract, good guy in the dressing room. I don't really see how it's a bad move.

1) Martinsen isn't soft. His whole value is that he basically not soft;
2) Neil, who is basically barely AHL caliber ATM, costs a spot in the lineup for one of Hemsky/Byron/Shaw/Hudon all of whom are significantly better players.
3) Guys like Neil don't keep teams honest.

Signing Neil is a waste of a roster spot and a contract slot. McCarron can do what Neil does right now. Which Montreal doesn't need anyways.

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Tsn said Tavares could be available. NYI is a mess right now with ownership and area.

Alex Galchenyuk
Noah Juulsen
1st round pick
?

I would offer whatever it would take to get him here. Galchenyuk+++. Tavares with Habs would be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alas, he will not be a Hab - he hates the attention, lol.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Realistically, what is Galchenyuk's trade value right now? It must be at an all time low, so maybe a top prospect at best?

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I would offer whatever it would take to get him here. Galchenyuk+++. Tavares with Habs would be !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any player that has starred in a NYI's uniform as Tavares has, will not be in the least bit, be threatened by the media, that's complete hogwash. The Habs have the salary cap space necessary to entice Tavares, as they have the Goalie - Price , Defenceman - Weber, Forward - Drouin alongside a team that exudes character players with the passion to win the Stanley Cup as their endgame. What more can a player of his outstanding abilities want from a team, the chance to be a leader on a Stanley Cup Championship team. Tavares #91 , Drouin #92, imagine the PP with Weber's slapshot from the point, with all four snipers Tavares, Pacioretty , Drouin & Lehkonen firing on all cylinders.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Would you trade Price for Tavares ?
Would you trade Drouin + Hudon + 1st for Tavares ?

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
I doubt that Galchenyuk would even be a starting point for the Islanders anymore. This organization has done everything they can to tank his value. We also don't have a Sergachev to add in anymore either.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
1) Martinsen isn't soft. His whole value is that he basically not soft;
2) Neil, who is basically barely AHL caliber ATM, costs a spot in the lineup for one of Hemsky/Byron/Shaw/Hudon all of whom are significantly better players.
3) Guys like Neil don't keep teams honest.

Signing Neil is a waste of a roster spot and a contract slot. McCarron can do what Neil does right now. Which Montreal doesn't need anyways.

Martinsen doesn't put any fear into anyone. Chris Neil does... That's the difference.

Neil in the lineup over Hemsky against some teams? I really don't see how that's an issue. Hemsky isn't that great, and brings a different skill set to the table. Byron, Shaw, and Hudon would all be well ahead of Neil on the depth chart as well, and Neil certainly wouldn't be taking their ice time. He's a fourth liner, playing fourth line minutes.

I disagree, but to each their own. McCarron isn't making this team, although I wish he would. I like the kid and what he could potentially bring.

I can't stand Bergevin or many of his moves, but Neil on a league min contract? I don't see much harm. But I can understand where you're coming from.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Neil doesn’t put fear in anyone. This isn’t 2003 anymore. He’s a terrible hockey player and all he does is facewash people after whistles. He’s a waste and has been for years.

Him and his idiotic “well I’ll go after someone with little fighting experience or someone below my weight class then move my arms like an idiot to get the crowd going.” He’s useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad