Proposal: Trade proposal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Can someone please try to clue me into why the hell we are going into the season with 8m in cap.... I hate bergiven but is he really this crazy?

Please tell me there is a plan?

Please?

Can someone please try to clue me into why the hell we are going into the season with 8m in cap.... I hate bergiven but is he really this crazy?

Please?

Bergevin said last night on L'antihchambre: there's no one out there worth spending money on.

I say sign Jagr to a 1 year deal. Or, trade a 2nd for Marchessault. We need another offensive player to play with Chucky, to push Danault to the Byron/Shaw line, and to make Mitchell the 13th forward. I like Mitchell but we need offense.

Pacioretty Drouin Gallagher
Hemsky Galchenyuk Jagr/Marchessault
Hudon Plekanec Lehkonen
Byron Danault Shaw
Mitchell, De la Rose

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Bergevin said last night on L'antihchambre: there's no one out there worth spending money on.

I say sign Jagr to a 1 year deal. Or, trade a 2nd for Marchessault. We need another offensive player to play with Chucky, to push Danault to the Byron/Shaw line, and to make Mitchell the 13th forward. I like Mitchell but we need offense.

Pacioretty Drouin Gallagher
Hemsky Galchenyuk Jagr/Marchessault
Hudon Plekanec Lehkonen
Byron Danault Shaw
Mitchell, De la Rose

This is why I hate this clown.

Yeah, because you didn't f***ing pay the two that were on the market WORTH spending the money on. UGH.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I wouldn’t mind trying Jagr on the right with chucky at centre and Lehkonen on the left. If it doesn’t work, Jagr can go back to Czech league. Offer a 2 way $900k and there’s zero down side.

Patches Drouin Gally
Lehkonen Chucky Jagr
Hudon Plex Hemsky
Byron Danault Shaw
DLR Martinsen

Looks better than anything we have now.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I wouldn’t mind trying Jagr on the right with chucky at centre and Lehkonen on the left. If it doesn’t work, Jagr can go back to Czech league. Offer a 2 way $900k and there’s zero down side.

Patches Drouin Gally
Lehkonen Chucky Jagr
Hudon Plex Hemsky
Byron Danault Shaw
DLR Martinsen

It's clear we're missing 1 offensive player. Danault is great, but should not be forced on to the top two lines. It worked well last year (in the regular season) with Radulov and Pacioretty. but we shouldn't expect it to work. So you either try Danault with Pacioretty and Drouin with Galchenyuk, or you go get someone else. Jagr and Marchessault are two offensive players that are available.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I don't really want Jagr but I suppose our options are limited in terms of UFAs. I am still surprised how little value he sees in Jagr though. I am sure he can chip in more offense than anyone in our bottom-3. Also, from a business and marketing perspective, I am sure Jagr jerseys will fly off the shelves.

Anyhow, if MB was seriously considering Neil, I'd take Jagr in a heartbeat.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
What if he's not in the picture by the end of the season?

I'd still doubt it. Molson would ask "Why are we rebuilding when I'm shelling out a lot of money on players?" Plus there is no way he'd agree to not getting that sweet sweet playoff money.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I'd still doubt it. Molson would ask "Why are we rebuilding when I'm shelling out a lot of money on players?" Plus there is no way he'd agree to not getting that sweet sweet playoff money.

That sounds exactly like the BS leaf fans had to deal with up until Shannahan.

God speed.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
What if he's not in the picture by the end of the season?

I'd still say a tear down is slim. Price's contract will be hard to move. Weber's will also be hard. Patches value will be lower as he's a year from UFA, but he is definitely tradeable. We also have to keep in mind both Price and Petry have NMC.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Byron is continuing his Lord Byronness . Byron Danault Shaw could be our 2/3 Line along with the Pleky line which means 4th line winger Galchenyuk ! lol

I would not be surprised if hes traded by Thursday for Duchene or a LD since Schlemko doesn't exist lol

Jul 6, 2016
Byron is continuing his Lord Byronness . Byron Danault Shaw could be our 2/3 Line along with the Pleky line which means 4th line winger Galchenyuk ! lol

I would not be surprised if hes traded by Thursday for Duchene or a LD since Schlemko doesn't exist lol

I would like him on 1st line RW, though....

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

Mete says HI

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

We already went through that when the MOLSON company owned the Habs. Dollar was garbage. We had a self imposed cap of about $40M as Molson Company would insist on breaking even at the least ( business I know), but this also meant they wouldn't let us sink and rebuild as that would hurt ticket sales.

Those were the dark ages.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal

Please?

Apparently there was no one worth spending money on, not even Radulov! Pretty clear what his plan is. Trying to censor people's opinion online isn't going to make it harder to figure out. They even had the audacity to suggest hiring old horse Neil.

What do you think their plan is?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Patches Drouin Gally
Lehkonen Chucky Jagr
Hudon Plex Hemsky
Byron Danault Shaw
DLR Martinsen

I also think Jagr helps our team. I like his puck protection in the offensive end and he still has game. Just no speed so put him up with speedy players.

1 year deal but I wonder what is the lowest he will take

hockeyguru19

Jun 6, 2017
Bergevin needs to get a skilled center to get the most out of Galchenyuk,trade.....McCarron,Lernout and a 1st for Zetterberg,he might be the best short term win now fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->