Proposal: Trade proposal thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I would do it without any hesitation, we are trying to win now and this team doesn't know how to draft.

You want to win now with the tire fire defense they've put on ice?? Seriously? Even if they have a good first half of the season, I wouldn't want to invest anything in the second half. Maybe that's why they have 8+ million in cap space.

This season ain't worth dying for.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Really wish that the Sedin's would waive their NTC to be moved together. We are probably the only team that could reasonably take on both their contracts and be competitive this year. Something like Plekanec (good combination of a cap dump to us, but deadline bait to the canucks), 1st, 2nd, Juulson, and McCarron would be a decent mix of close to NHL ready prospects and picks. With the Plekanec trade it probably works out to 3 picks and 3 propsects for the Sedins which is probably reasonably good value considering you need to trade for both of them.

Pacioretty - Drouin - Gallagher
Sedin - Sedin - Galchenyuk
Hudon - Danault - Lehkonen
Byron - Mitchell - Shaw
DLR - Hudon

And we would come out with about a Million in cap space that would allow us to add a really good deadline player.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I'm repeating myself but Josh Anderson would be the perfect fit on our team, especially on our top line.

The guy is big, plays big, young , could create a lot of room for Pacioretty and Drouin, he's a beast at scoring 5 v 5.

And he's still unsigned. I would try hard to get him if i were MB. Offersheet or not.

Pacioretty-Drouin-Anderson

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
St. Louis is getting killed and need a top 6 forward. I wonder if they could be a good trading partner for us.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I wonder if Vegas would be interested in a Galchenyuk - Theodore swap, if we plan on sending Mete back in London.

Hudon - Plekanec - Lehkonen
Shaw - Danault - Hemsky
Byron - Mitchell - JDLR

Theodore - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn
Streit (sigh)

Price
Montoya

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I wonder if Vegas would be interested in a Galchenyuk - Theodore swap, if we plan on sending Mete back in London.

Shaw - Danault - Hemsky
Byron - Mitchell - JDLR

Theodore - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn
Streit (sigh)

Price
Montoya

I would start to think about trading Mete (+) for Theodore instead of Galchenyuk.
Would make way more sense for them cause they would keep a D with a bright future that need to be sent down (fixing their actual problem)

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I would start to think about trading Mete (+) for Theodore instead of Galchenyuk.
Would make way more sense for them cause they would keep a D with a bright future that need to be sent down (fixing their actual problem)

I think Galchenyuk in the current situation is useless to this team. And I think counting on both Theodore and Mete for the near future would fix a whole lot of our issues on D. We'd have 2 potential Markov replacements. The minute Galchenyuk is a winger, he's useless to this team. I think Vegas wants to trade a D. And they are missing some young talented forwards. For all we know they might be interested. And I think it'd be beneficial for us.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Shaw - Danault - Hemsky
Byron - Mitchell - JDLR

Theodore - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn
Streit (sigh)

Price
Montoya

- I'd make a Theodore for Galchenyuk swap but a bigger package. Galchenyuk, Juulsen, 2018 3rd for Theodore & Neal (contract extension in place)

- Then I target Duchene and offer Mete, Jerabek, Lindgren or McNiven, 2018 1st.

Patch / Drouin / Hemsky
Neal / Duchene / Lehkonen
Hudon / Pleky / Gallagher
Byron / Danault / Shaw

DLR

Theodore / Weber
Alzner / Petry
Schlemko / Benn

Morrow
Jerabek

Price

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm repeating myself but Josh Anderson would be the perfect fit on our team, especially on our top line.

The guy is big, plays big, young , could create a lot of room for Pacioretty and Drouin, he's a beast at scoring 5 v 5.

And he's still unsigned. I would try hard to get him if i were MB. Offersheet or not.

He just requested a trade. The Habs need to get on that. I’d offer them Byron if they want an NHL player. The Habs have enough LWs.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Shaw - Danault - Hemsky
Byron - Mitchell - JDLR

Theodore - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn
Streit (sigh)

Price
Montoya

I made a proposal like this but added prospect and/or picks to get Neal too who's UFA at the end of the year.

Neal - Plekanec - Lehkonen
Hudon - Danault - Hemsky
Byron - Mitchell - Shaw
JDLR, Martineson

Theodore - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Schlemko - Benn
Streit (sigh)

Price

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I know a lot of people aren't really into them, but Anderson has some major analytic red flags. He's also got some defensive issues and he's got discipline problems on par with Shaw (he doesn't get as many, but he draws far fewer too).

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
I think Galchenyuk in the current situation is useless to this team. And I think counting on both Theodore and Mete for the near future would fix a whole lot of our issues on D. We'd have 2 potential Markov replacements. The minute Galchenyuk is a winger, he's useless to this team. I think Vegas wants to trade a D. And they are missing some young talented forwards. For all we know they might be interested. And I think it'd be beneficial for us.

I think trading Montreal's most efficient goal scorer for two years now when they can't score is probably a mistake. That said, if Montreal refuses to use him properly, I can understand such a move. Even if there seems to be a grass is greener effect with Theodore.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
He just requested a trade. The Habs need to get on that. I’d offer them Byron if they want an NHL player. The Habs have enough LWs.

We should be on this very serously.

23 years old, 6ft3 220 pounds, RW and 17 even strengh goals as a rookie.

Comon MB... You got the room...

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
True....but i'm sure the first name that will come out is Lehkonen

Maybe, maybe not...

Columbus needs centermans. Maybe they will be interested in either De la Rose or McCarron since they can play center and don't cost a lot on the cap. And we can add a pick.

Please MB...

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
St. Louis is getting killed and need a top 6 forward. I wonder if they could be a good trading partner for us.
Maybe try to grab a guy like Paryko. Doubt they'd shop him. And I don't know if they would move him for Galchenyuk.

Problem with paryko imo is he is had a good year, so is he a little overrated right now? And is Galchenyuk being undervalued at this point?

Myself, at this point I'd entertain Paryko plus a 2nd for Galchenyuk but I feel like I may be dreaming a bit there, not sure on values they all seem up in the air at the moment.

If Galchenyuk comes out of the gate on a scoring tear the way he did last year his value will skyrocket. And he needs to play with someone that can help him succeed.

Sometimes you have to wonder if management and the coaching staff are ever synched. I have this gut feeling that Galchenyuk will be traded in the near future and that they are done with him. But why wouldn't you have him playing with Drouin? Drouin can up Galchenyuk's offensive stats and inflate his trade value. Instead they plug Pacioretty with him.

Are they afraid that if Galchenyuk and Drouin synched too much they couldn't "sell" the trade to the media and fans so they'd rather he just not play well so they can justify moving him? But then what happens when the return isn't good enough and Galchenyuk proves himself elsewhere?

It seems this team has operated that way forever. Even going back to when Andrei Kostitsyn was traded. They had him on the third and fourth line many nights leading into the deadline. Instead of trying to pump his numbers..if you know your moving a guy why not put him in a position to fluff the numbers a bit?

My guess is Galchenyuk will be moved for a veteran dman that will leave everybody on here in an uproar.

Linking up your idea with St Louis would anybody be shocked if Galchenyuk was used in a trade of Bouwmeester +?

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Maybe, maybe not...

Columbus needs centermans. Maybe they will be interested in either De la Rose or McCarron since they can play center and don't cost a lot on the cap. And we can add a pick.

Please MB...

Both DLR and McCarron have minimal value ATM and Columbus really doesn't need bottom of the lineup center help.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Maybe try to grab a guy like Paryko. Doubt they'd shop him. And I don't know if they would move him for Galchenyuk.

Problem with paryko imo is he is had a good year, so is he a little overrated right now? And is Galchenyuk being undervalued at this point?

Myself, at this point I'd entertain Paryko plus a 2nd for Galchenyuk but I feel like I may be dreaming a bit there, not sure on values they all seem up in the air at the moment.

If Galchenyuk comes out of the gate on a scoring tear the way he did last year his value will skyrocket. And he needs to play with someone that can help him succeed.

Sometimes you have to wonder if management and the coaching staff are ever synched. I have this gut feeling that Galchenyuk will be traded in the near future and that they are done with him. But why wouldn't you have him playing with Drouin? Drouin can up Galchenyuk's offensive stats and inflate his trade value. Instead they plug Pacioretty with him.

Are they afraid that if Galchenyuk and Drouin synched too much they couldn't "sell" the trade to the media and fans so they'd rather he just not play well so they can justify moving him? But then what happens when the return isn't good enough and Galchenyuk proves himself elsewhere?

It seems this team has operated that way forever. Even going back to when Andrei Kostitsyn was traded. They had him on the third and fourth line many nights leading into the deadline. Instead of trying to pump his numbers..if you know your moving a guy why not put him in a position to fluff the numbers a bit?

My guess is Galchenyuk will be moved for a veteran dman that will leave everybody on here in an uproar.

Linking up your idea with St Louis would anybody be shocked if Galchenyuk was used in a trade of Bouwmeester +?

Paryako is going to be amazing for a long time and he is absolutely better than Galchenyuk. And I'm a big fan of Galchenyuk.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Galchenyuk was moved for Bouwmeester +. Its a very MB move to talented players with specific flaws for less talented veterans who contribute less to the team.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Paryako is going to be amazing for a long time and he is absolutely better than Galchenyuk. And I'm a big fan of Galchenyuk.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Galchenyuk was moved for Bouwmeester +. Its a very MB move to talented players with specific flaws for less talented veterans who contribute less to the team.
I don't think I watched one St Louis game last year. I know the hype is there but myself, I don't know enough about Paryako to have an educated opinion.

But I know from what I've seen from TV talking heads and general hockey reading is that you seem in sync with the consensus on Paryako.

But could you imagine moving a 23 year old Galchenyuk for a 34 Bouwmeester? That would be awful.

But something has to give, this current D squad is way too one dimensional.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't care about what people say about our fillers and pluggers...NOBODY on that team could do what Josh Anderson does. Go and get him.

Reactions: Hannibal

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
I don't think I watched one St Louis game last year. I know the hype is there but myself, I don't know enough about Paryako to have an educated opinion.

But I know from what I've seen from TV talking heads and general hockey reading is that you seem in sync with the consensus on Paryako.

But could you imagine moving a 23 year old Galchenyuk for a 34 Bouwmeester? That would be awful.

But something has to give, this current D squad is way too one dimensional.

I don't know that something has to give. Montreal is kind of painted into a corner. Its pretty clear that the D needs puck movers, but Bergevin pretty much requires D that limit mistakes. The D that fit both those categories aren't generally acquirable. And its pretty clear that if Bergevin has a choice, he goes with minimizing mistakes before maximizing offense or even optimizing production. Hard to play against vs. hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad