Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread :Trades That Will Happen Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Draisaitl would be far and away the best habs player since koivu/kovalev and 20 yrs old to boot.

Get er done Marc!

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I love Draisaitl but that's a lot to give
Pick would have to be lottery protected and I'd try to give someone else other than Poehling

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Draisaitl would be far and away the best habs player since koivu/kovalev and 20 yrs old to boot.

Get er done Marc!

Agreed but it doesn't mean you can just give them whatever they want
At that point, keep the money and give Tavares the MAX next summer and he would also become the best player the Habs have had in the last 20+ years

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I love Draisaitl but that's a lot to give
Pick would have to be lottery protected and I'd try to give someone else other than Poehling
Same here...

Take out Poehling...add a Juulsen or Scherbak.

But I'm not trading my best asset, best prospect AND 1st round pick for Draisaitl.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Poehling + this year's first form a considerable part of our roster in years 2020-2028. Max is also going to command a pretty penny starting around 2020 also.

Cap wise, the trade may be a wash until Poehling gets a raise during Max's 30s. Talent wise, I think it's hard to say... a consistently high performing Drai would do wonders for our roster.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Same here...

Take out Poehling...add a Juulsen or Scherbak.

But I'm not trading my best asset, best prospect AND 1st round pick for Draisaitl.

Not sure if the article is even legit to begin with, but let's hope Bergevin doesn't go full Pejorative Slur on this

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
That's ONE season...do you really want to put up that ONE season vs. Pacioretty's career?

Look, I'm not even saying that Pacioretty is a better player, I get the appeal of Draisaitl, but he's mostly about upside. How do you know he's ever going to repeat that season?

I love Draisaitl's talent, he's the exact type of center this organization has craved since Bobby Smith...but it's still just ONE season, a season in which he rode shotgun playing with McDavid a lot.

Personally, for me...Pacioretty + Poehling + 1st is fine to pay.

But the Oilers need to add another element.

It's not just one season...
He had 51 pts in 72 games 2 years ago as a 20 year old
And this year, he has 19 pts in 23 games.

He's more proven than Drouin, and I'd take Drouin over Pacioretty

idk if he's worth his contract, but he's definitely a better player than Pacioretty

Anyway, there's no point in discussing this since the source of that speculation is not legit at all

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's not just one season...
He had 51 pts in 72 games 2 years ago as a 20 year old
And this year, he has 19 pts in 23 games.

He's more proven than Drouin, and I'd take Drouin over Pacioretty

idk if he's worth his contract, but he's definitely a better player than Pacioretty

Anyway, there's no point in discussing this since the source of that speculation is not legit at all

All the more reasons why I personally wouldn't do THAT trade...

But Draisaitl, is definitely the type of player the Habs need.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I don't think it's a fair deal. If you think Draisaitl is a number one center, you have to do something to get him.

Pacioretty + ?

Poehling could be better than Draisaitl

Pacioretty + 1st is a more fair deal, especially since we're not in a playoff spot. But if we were to miss the playoffs, Draisaitl is the type of player I'd like to draft, so I don't mind trading the pick for him.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
The amount of fans that would be willing to make that trade is alarming. Everyone was saying how we stole Drouin, that Sergachev was overhyped. Let me be clear, i'd still make that trade from a Habs standpoint-but Sergachev is and will be a great dman.

Now, we have R. Poehling- who says is playing and developing extremely well, is a center to boot-and we want to toss him in a trade as basically a throw in, along with Pacioretty,who is our best trade chip at the moment! Nuts! We also are giving up our 1st, which we dont know where it will be. What if its a top 10 pick? Crazy!

I'd do Pacioretty+1st. I'd be willing to exchange some prospects as a sweetner. But that prospect should NOT be R.Poehling people.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
My two cents. The only way the Habs move Pacioretty is in a 1 for 1 type deal for an equally established player or else they are out this year at the deadline and are willing to trade for futures, but parts of those futures need to be able to have some kind of impact as soon as next season because as I see it, the Habs aren't tanking/rebuilding.

In your longer text you listed a lot of spare parts and average level prospects that the Habs aren't going to be moving Pacioretty for. Think 2015 Phil Kessel trade except Pacioretty is better and cheaper than pre Pittsburgh Phil.

The Basis of the Kessel deal was 2 late 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd. Pacioretty's, imo, should be similar but with some higher quality players. Possible trades depending on the names involved:

Fabbri
Kyrou
2019 1st
2018 3rd

for

Paciroetty
2018 2nd
and maybe Plekanec 50% retained

or

Thomas
Thompson/Kyrou
Barbashev
3rd

for

Pacioretty
2nd

If you'd drop out Plekanec, the 2nd, and the 1st rounder on the first deal, I'd agree, that's fair value. (Fabbri, Kyrou, and 2018 3rd for Pacioretty, or Kyrou, 1st, and 3rd for Pacioretty) The problem with that is the Blues need to trade some salary too just to get Patches. The second one seems like an overpayment on the Blues side, and like I said, I don't see Thomas moving. Kessel might have gotten the two late 1sts, 2nd, and 3rd, but Kessel > Patches so I don't think you're getting the same package. The Blues and Canadiens are a match, but the issue is the Blues needing to trade salary back to the other team.

What about Barbashev, Gunnarson (cap), Thompson, and a 3rd for Galchenyuk and a 2nd?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I have ONE untouchable as far as prospects go and it's Poehling. Unless we're including him in a package for a bona fide superstar which is incredibly unlikely, he is IMO our best prospect and by a country mile. He could very well be the homer run centre we've been swinging at for the past 20 years!

Juulsen, Mete, Evans, Scherbak etc etc etc whatever. Don't touch Poehling!

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
any substance to this?

Les Oilers font une offre de transaction au Canadien

Chiarelli offers drai for patches, poehling and 1st 2018

Poehing looks quite promising and so does the 1st in 2018. With the youth of the fwd core, I don't see the need to trade that much for Draisaitl. Take him off McDavid's wing first and let's see his point totals.

Also, I don't want MB to be the one making that decision.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Agreed but it doesn't mean you can just give them whatever they want
At that point, keep the money and give Tavares the MAX next summer and he would also become the best player the Habs have had in the last 20+ years

The difference is that Draisaitl is traded to you and comes over for the long term at a known Cap hit. Nothing guarantees us that Tavares will come to Montreal, regardless of the size of the Brinks truck that you park out front of his house.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I offer Ikonen or Evans rather than Peohling and a lottery protected 1st pick in 2018. If it's top 10, I give a 2nd rounder in 2018 and the first in 2019, not lottery protected.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Trading Poehling & our 2018 1st for Draisatl is a tough pill to swallow, especially since we might get a top 10 pick.

OTOH, what's the chances we end up with a top 10 pick if Drai is actually on our roster? Not very likely. We've already moved up to 12 from what looked like a top 5 pick in October.

With Drai, I don't see it going lower we'd more likely go up into the 18-22 range, which is not bad.

Drai would replace Poehling as our center piece. There's only 2 years between them. And, we still have Evans. I'd want a draft pick by Edmonton tho, like a 3rd.

It's definitely something I'd strongly consider. Drai was amazing in last year's playoffs. He can be dominate when he's going.

Interesting trade idea in any case.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Would some people really pass on Drai for 2 futures and Max? Really?

Would you not trade Mac and Scherbak for JT if Isle approached you in 2013?

Lottery protect the 1st and do it. Maybe Phoeling is a good prospect but how long till he puts up 40+ points in the league, let alone 60 or more? 3 or 4 years at least?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You take that deal and RUN. You get a beast 21 year old centre for a guy that is going to want that type of money as a winger in 1.5 years, plus two question marks? People saying no are insane. We’ve been looking for this exact player since the 90s.

I think Poehling will be awesome too, but Draisatl is the real deal. Drouin can go back to LW and the team doesn’t miss Max one second.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I'd snap that deal up in a heartbeat. We are in win-now mode and Drai does more for our team than Patches. I'm hopeful that Poehling can turn out, but that's 3-5 years away AT LEAST, and is incredibly uncertain. And honestly, our 1st round picks have been historically awful. Besides Sergachev, the last good one we made was McDonagh.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Lottery protect the 1st and do it. Maybe Phoeling is a good prospect but how long till he puts up 40+ points in the league, let alone 60 or more? 3 or 4 years at least?

It’s absurd that people would say no to this. Absolutely asinine. Max isn’t staying. And if he’s staying then this team will continue to toil in mediocrity by paying an emotionless floater $7m+ a year starting at the age of 31.

And people are going on about Leon’s dependency on McDavid. I guess they didn’t watch the playoffs last year when Leon centred his own line and outplayed his captain.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

No, just depends what those futures are.

I don't see why the Habs would have to add Poehling on top of Pacioretty and also throw in a 1st round pick.

The difference in value of Pacioretty & Draisaitl isn't THAT much.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I offer Ikonen or Evans rather than Peohling and a lottery protected 1st pick in 2018. If it's top 10, I give a 2nd rounder in 2018 and the first in 2019, not lottery protected.

Agreed but if you add a 2nd as well, I wouldn't offer a first this year or next
Only one 1st round pick. Lucky we will end up with 3 2nds this year cause I just don't see how the Bolts stop playing Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad