Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread :Trades That Will Happen Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well, the young established roster player would be kind of hard. Thompson, Walman (D) Kyrou, or Kostin (top prospects) and a 2nd rounder could cover the other two? The Blues don't have a first for this year I wouldn't want to lose 2 first round picks consecutively, so maybe a 2nd (next year) and 4th (this year)? This is kind of where it hurts losing Fabbri.
Well I'm not sure, just speculating...

But Pacioretty is the Habs captain, has been one of the most productive goal scorers in the NHL the last 6-7yrs, he's on a great contract, the Habs don't HAVE to trade him.

It's not going to be cheap.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site

But Pacioretty is the Habs captain, has been one of the most productive goal scorers in the NHL the last 6-7yrs, he's on a great contract, the Habs don't HAVE to trade him.

Agree for sure...his contract is very good for what he brings...and he is the PERFECT player to insert into an established lineup for added scoring. I would expect a return like 417 said.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North

Captain means nothing Price,Gallagher and Weber are the real leaders in the room Max can have the cameras i agree that hes been our main scorer for years now and has a sweet contract ( for another 1.5 years ) but you gotta know when its time to trade a player and for Pacioretty the time is now

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Captain means nothing Price,Gallagher and Weber are the real leaders in the room Max can have the cameras i agree that hes been our main scorer for years now and has a sweet contract ( for another 1.5 years ) but you gotta know when its time to trade a player and for Pacioretty the time is now
Captain means nothing to you...and that's fine.

But I think it means a lot to the players in the room and the organization.

Teams don't just trade their captains on a whim...

I'm not saying they shouldn't trade him, what I'm saying is that Max Pacioretty, whether you recognize it or not, has stature within this organization AND within the league.

So they're not going trade him for a prospect and a 2nd round pick...it's not going to happen.

The Habs will want sure value (young established player) + future value (prospects & picks) and that's how it should be.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Captain means nothing to you...and that's fine.

But I think it means a lot to the players in the room and the organization.

Teams don't just trade their captains on a whim...

I'm not saying they shouldn't trade him, what I'm saying is that Max Pacioretty, whether you recognize it or not, has stature within this organization AND within the league.

So they're not going trade him for a prospect and a 2nd round pick...it's not going to happen.

The Habs will want sure value (young established player) + future value (prospects & picks) and that's how it should be.
The problem is who’s going to trade based on what he’s done as opposed to what he’s doing? I honestly don’t think the return on him is as high as you say. He’s been terrible for arguably a year, was brutal playing on the US team, has no presence come playoffs and has been in the news for being his usual invisible self. GM’s have eyes and ears and good contract or not, I fear we won’t get as much as we should. There are expansion players on Vegas doing better than him. And they were free! I have a feeling that he’s going to be one of those guys that starts to fade away until he retires. He’s been going downhill for a couple years now and he just looks disinterested and downright bad out there.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The problem is who’s going to trade based on what he’s done as opposed to what he’s doing?

I think his body of work weighs more heavily than the last 20 games or so.

Pacioretty does something that teams value - he scores goals and he's a proven goal scorer.

I honestly don’t think the return on him is as high as you say. He’s been terrible for arguably a year, was brutal playing on the US team, has no presence come playoffs and has been in the news for being his usual invisible self. GM’s have eyes and ears and good contract orbit, I fear we won’t get as much as we should. There are expansion players on Vegas doing better than him. And they were free! I have a feeling that he’s going to be one of those guys that starts to fade away until he retires. He’s been going downhill for a couple years now and he just looks disinterested and downright bad out there.

I think you're underestimating his value to other teams because we've soured on him.

We likely won't want to pay him the kind of money he'll want at the end of next year (if he makes it there) but if Max Pacioretty becomes a free agent, teams will line up to pay him pretty much whatever he wants.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I doubt its true
But Id do that deal anyday of the week
Why are the Habs paying a premium (Poehling) on top of another premium (1st round pick) for the lesser proven player (Draisaitl).??

There's no way this deal makes sense for the Habs.

Oilers would have to throw in something else of significant value to make this remotely realistic.

I get Max Pacioretty is persona non-grata around here...but man, he's worth way more than that.

The Colorado Avalanche just got a bounty for Matt Duchene...and you want to basically turn around and auction off Pacioretty for a talented, but unproven center?

Yeeshhh.

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
Sorry to snoop. I wanted to see what you guys were thinking for Patches or Galchenyuk (away from craziness of main boards). ?

My two cents. The only way the Habs move Pacioretty is in a 1 for 1 type deal for an equally established player or else they are out this year at the deadline and are willing to trade for futures, but parts of those futures need to be able to have some kind of impact as soon as next season because as I see it, the Habs aren't tanking/rebuilding.

In your longer text you listed a lot of spare parts and average level prospects that the Habs aren't going to be moving Pacioretty for. Think 2015 Phil Kessel trade except Pacioretty is better and cheaper than pre Pittsburgh Phil.

The Basis of the Kessel deal was 2 late 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd. Pacioretty's, imo, should be similar but with some higher quality players. Possible trades depending on the names involved:

Fabbri
Kyrou
2019 1st
2018 3rd

for

Paciroetty
2018 2nd
and maybe Plekanec 50% retained

or

Thomas
Thompson/Kyrou
Barbashev
3rd

for

Pacioretty
2nd

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
If we could do that deal and somehow keep Poehling, that would be amazing, but in reality Poehling is probably the piece that makes it go.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Chiarelli may have asked for that lol but thats overpayment . Patches has a lot of value we dont need that much of an add

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I take that deal. Draisaitl is exactly what this organization needs.
This is crazy...

Max Pacioretty is our best asset...you guys want to move him, WITH Poehling (our best prospect) AND a 1st for ONE element (Draistail)?

This screams "Kyle Turris for Matt Duchene + 1st + 3rd + prospect".

Terrible

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Why are the Habs paying a premium (Poehling) on top of another premium (1st round pick) for the lesser proven player (Draisaitl).??

There's no way this deal makes sense for the Habs.

Oilers would have to throw in something else of significant value to make this remotely realistic.

I get Max Pacioretty is persona non-grata around here...but man, he's worth way more than that.

The Colorado Avalanche just got a bounty for Matt Duchene...and you want to basically turn around and auction off Pacioretty for a talented, but unproven center?

Yeeshhh.

How is Draisaitl the lesser proven player?
He had 77 pts last yeat, and then 16 pts in 13 games in the playoffs. He has 19 pts in 23 games this year.
Thats way better than any season or playoffs Pacioretty had.

He's also 7 years younger.

Poehling seems like a pretty good prospect, and our 1st will probably around 20th. But the age and production difference between Patch and Draisaitl more than make up for that.

I'd still easily do this deal even if use draisaitl at wing instead of center

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
The only knock I have against Dr Drai right now is he hasn't proved he can carry his own line yet. I believe he will do just that in time. He's a good young player and if this offer is actually being discussed, then we need to continue talks

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
How is Draisaitl the lesser proven player?
He had 77 pts last yeat, and then 16 pts in 13 games in the playoffs. He has 19 pts in 23 games this year.
Thats way better than any season or playoffs Pacioretty had.

He's also 7 years younger.

That's ONE season...do you really want to put up that ONE season vs. Pacioretty's career?

Look, I'm not even saying that Pacioretty is a better player, I get the appeal of Draisaitl, but he's mostly about upside. How do you know he's ever going to repeat that season?

I love Draisaitl's talent, he's the exact type of center this organization has craved since Bobby Smith...but it's still just ONE season, a season in which he rode shotgun playing with McDavid a lot.

Personally, for me...Pacioretty + Poehling + 1st is fine to pay.

But the Oilers need to add another element.

Poehling seems like a pretty good prospect, and our 1st will probably around 20th. But the age and production difference between Patch and Draisaitl more than make up for that.

I'd still easily do this deal even if use draisaitl at wing instead of center

No way I do this deal...

You move Pacioretty, you have to get multiple pieces.

SWRekker

Oct 8, 2009
Draisaitl's production must have something to do with a certain McDavid... just saying.

I would imagine that player dropping in the 40 to 50 pts / season range in Montreal.

Giving Poehling and a 1st as a bonus would be a ridiculous overpayment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad