Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread :Trades That Will Happen Next

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I vote we go back in time and trade our 1st + whatever is judged equivalent to Lehtera for Brayden Schenn during the draft.
Two first is the actual selling price. Hindsight is easy but you would never have been on board for such a trade at last draft. Not a chance. And trading a prime guy with last 2yrs with best pts total is never easy. Schenn getting to 60 pt range wasnt a reach. 80 was!

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Blues, Islanders, Columbus are all team that have good young players/prospects that could be interested in Pacioretty

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Two first is the actual selling price. Hindsight is easy but you would never have been on board for such a trade at last draft. Not a chance. And trading a prime guy with last 2yrs with best pts total is never easy. Schenn getting to 60 pt range wasnt a reach. 80 was!
True, I forgot about the conditional pick. I agree that it's a steep price to pay.

KKWG11

Nov 25, 2017
Habs and flames have been scouting center Gaetan Haas... Bergevin better not think hes our center saviour

Reactions: HBDay

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Blues, Islanders, Columbus are all team that have good young players/prospects that could be interested in Pacioretty

Don't know about the rest but I'm pretty sure Columbus does not want Pacioretty. Tortorella knows Pacioretty too well.

Let's be honest.. imagine if there's scout watching our team, watching Pacioretty closely like I've been doing... he's not worth THAT much. When he's not at the right place at the right time, he's pretty useless the rest of the time. Like invisible. He brings nothing else offensively. Really easy to counter.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't think Torts wants anything to do with Pacioretty. Isles want to keep everything in case Tavares doesn't resign. That leaves the Blues, and I would want Thomas to be included in a package.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If I was going to trade Pacioretty for a veteran leader to replace him, it would be Jason Spezza. Spezza addresses several areas of improvement, centre depth, right handed forward, face offs.

Dallas has plenty of young centres and Hanzal long term.

Pacioretty could be reunited with Radulov, and pitted against Subban.

I would ask Dallas for a 2nd in next year's draft, and a conditional 2nd in 2019 if Spezza does not re-sign. I think only one of Spezza or Plekanec would be re-signed.

Lines:

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Shaw (Shaw wins skill players pucks, face off possession)
Byron-Spezza-Gallagher
Hudon-Plekanec-Lehkonen
Deslauriers-Danault-Carr
DeLaRose/Froese

I think another centre would allow Julien to match lines easier with 3 line teams.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Eriksson-Ek and a 1st would be a perfect return for Pacioretty IMO.

I was looking at him off season. He seemed to have had a decent 15 games with the Wild last season point wise with a few goals and 7 points without much TOI. This year didn't do much before being sent to the minors.

Minny does have Coyle as 3C so they have centres and could be open to such a trade.

We could also look at Chytil who has 5 goals and 12 points in the AHL. Rangers also have Andersson so they might be willing to part with one of those 2 centre prospects for Patches. Ideally we would get both as it would be 2 assets, not 3 , for Patches.

Chytil of course we could call up from the minors, but it's more important to get the guy our scouting thinks has the best upside and chances go reach that upside.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
If I was going to trade Pacioretty for a veteran leader to replace him, it would be Jason Spezza. Spezza addresses several areas of improvement, centre depth, right handed forward, face offs.

Dallas has plenty of young centres and Hanzal long term.

Pacioretty could be reunited with Radulov, and pitted against Subban.

I would ask Dallas for a 2nd in next year's draft, and a conditional 2nd in 2019 if Spezza does not re-sign. I think only one of Spezza or Plekanec would be re-signed.

Lines:

Galchenyuk-Drouin-Shaw (Shaw wins skill players pucks, face off possession)
Byron-Spezza-Gallagher
Hudon-Plekanec-Lehkonen
Deslauriers-Danault-Carr
DeLaRose/Froese

I think another centre would allow Julien to match lines easier with 3 line teams.

Do the Habs really want to trade one of their biggest assets for a 34 year old player who has less points than Plekanec??
Why would Spezza be favoured over Danault in this line-up?
Hanzal - long term? It's a 3 year contract, and he'll be lucky to finish that given his performance so far.

... and other stuff... but that will do.

Reactions: Yoor

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Montreal needs a center with speed and skill like Barzal he is not available.....someone with as much speed as Barzal or more is Jost both dominated for Canada at the world juniors.....Montreal have the players to go get Jost.....Avalanche need a young goalie...Lindgren....D-man...Juulsen and if it's a bigger deal with Barrie involved Montreal has Poehling.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
Hopefully Pacioretty starts to find his scoring touch. The RIGHT move is to trade him this year at the deadline...if we don't then we'll have missed yet another opportunity to sell high on a player. Plekanec should have been gone before now as well and his value has diminished in front of our eyes.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I don't think Torts wants anything to do with Pacioretty. Isles want to keep everything in case Tavares doesn't resign. That leaves the Blues, and I would want Thomas to be included in a package.

Sorry to snoop. I wanted to see what you guys were thinking for Patches or Galchenyuk (away from craziness of main boards). My own opinion, unless it's Tavares, Stamkos, Crosby, or a center of that ilk coming back, Thomas isn't moving. Thompson, Barbashev, Blais, Kyrou (I'm personally hesitant on this one too), Kostin, Walman, and Schmaltz are of no interest at all? I mean, I think Patches would be great opposite Tarasenko or on a line with Stastny. I also think Galchenyuk would do well in the Blues system, especially with Schenn and Schwartz or Stastny and Steen. But, I'm not willing to part with Thomas for them. I realize the Canadiens could use a C or D, so maybe you get the defense from the Blues? Walman? Gunnarsson? Both + a forward prospect?

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Wonder what it costs to get ROR out of Buffalo?

Assume Montreal would want to offer all futures, although maybe Buffalo would want a guy like Hudon or Mete.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Sorry to snoop. I wanted to see what you guys were thinking for Patches or Galchenyuk (away from craziness of main boards). My own opinion, unless it's Tavares, Stamkos, Crosby, or a center of that ilk coming back, Thomas isn't moving. Thompson, Barbashev, Blais, Kyrou (I'm personally hesitant on this one too), Kostin, Walman, and Schmaltz are of no interest at all? I mean, I think Patches would be great opposite Tarasenko or on a line with Stastny. I also think Galchenyuk would do well in the Blues system, especially with Schenn and Schwartz or Stastny and Steen. But, I'm not willing to part with Thomas for them. I realize the Canadiens could use a C or D, so maybe you get the defense from the Blues? Walman? Gunnarsson? Both + a forward prospect?
I don't foresee a scenario where the Habs would trade Pacioretty without wanting/getting an established, young roster player + top prospect + draft pick in return.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
I don't foresee a scenario where the Habs would trade Pacioretty without wanting/getting an established, young roster player + top prospect + draft pick in return.

Well, the young established roster player would be kind of hard. Thompson, Walman (D) Kyrou, or Kostin (top prospects) and a 2nd rounder could cover the other two? The Blues don't have a first for this year I wouldn't want to lose 2 first round picks consecutively, so maybe a 2nd (next year) and 4th (this year)? This is kind of where it hurts losing Fabbri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad