Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Anybody accruing Patch for 2 years (with potential of re-signing) is looking to add to their roster and send prospects and picks the other way because they feel they are cup contenders. Forget about acquiring a talent like Barzal. Better off looking at the World Junior rosters for each team and see if you can snag someone before they show their potential at the NHL level like Barzal has this season.

Patch for 18 or 19 year old prospect plus 1st round pick. If you can get more great! If you can't get more, the prospect better be good with lots of potential.

A little more than a month ago Barzal was just that, a prospect. Albeit NHL-ready and soon to explode, but still considered a prospect.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
A little more than a month ago Barzal was just that, a prospect. Albeit NHL-ready and soon to explode, but still considered a prospect.

You would of had foresight to trade for him before the season started IMO. Even then, the Islanders would of been hesitant but they might of done it.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Not saying it would be a good move, but I could see Galchenyuk for Stepan happening. Seems like that trade would make sense for Bergevin. He doesn't like Chucky, and would finally get a legit center in the lineup who didn't work out in Arizona (literally, he didn't work out much, in bad shape with motivational issues, a trade to a place like Montreal would probably help) but should still have good years left.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Barzal would have been perfect. Thats exactly what the Habs should aim for: a young C with 1C potential that could bust and not a former 1C now declining or a veteran who never hit 1C status. In former case there is a lottery ticket. You never know. Not winning a cup this year anyway.

There are a few of those players available on a contending team looking for Cup help. Trade will sting 1-2 years for sure.

StL has some, Minnesota heck even NJ might be anxious to get in the playoffs.

Make a minor deal with Philly for Laberge or a little bigger one for Rubstov or Vorobiev. Maybe they would go for Scherbak or De La Rose.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Barzal would have been perfect. Thats exactly what the Habs should aim for: a young C with 1C potential that could bust and not a former 1C now declining or a veteran who never hit 1C status. In former case there is a lottery ticket. You never know. Not winning a cup this year anyway.

There are a few of those players available on a contending team looking for Cup help. Trade will sting 1-2 years for sure.

Make a minor deal with Philly for Laberge or a little bigger one for Rubstov or Vorobiev. Maybe they would go for Scherbak or De La Rose.
WOULD like it, can't see NYI letting him go

sbhatt

Nov 10, 2015
It needs to be #floatingcaptain traded first, in a package, for a quality center. Tavares signing as a UFA is a pipe dream. And for the record, even if Tavares signing were a lock, I'd still want Max traded.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Agree on all of it! Habs fans are starting to agree on what direction we should go in. I am very curious to know what we end up doing in the next few months. Accept the off year as it was be best card we could get after the off season we had.

The smart moves are obvious IMO. Lets hope the management and President/Owner see the obvious!!

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017

Yes,and the potential future #1 center with the same speed and upside of Barzal is Tyson Jost.

SlappyHabby

Jun 11, 2014
Personally I believed Pac has more value than rnh based on his overall body of work over the last several seasons, but with that said if edm was willing to offer rnh and their 1st this season for our 2nd-3rd picks this season + Pac I’d pull the trigger.

Of course this deal would never happen, but one can dream.

Besides, edm needs defence not offense, so I don’t see a good fit here trade wise.

Carolina on the other hand is overloaded with quality defencemen but are in need of offence, so if we can trade either pac or galch to them in return for one of Hanifin plus pick or one of their other top pairing dmen I believe that is a trade that can benefit both teams.

At this point I’d trade galch to get him away from this circus show and give the kid a chance to shine elsewhere, and since carolina needs an offensive center (which galch despite his defensive shortcomings is), I believe that carolina would consider the offer in return for hanifin.

A swap of two former top five picks to address both teams needs at positions of need should be explored, but I have zero faith in our gm to pull off such a trade nvrmd think of it.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Agree on all of it! Habs fans are starting to agree on what direction we should go in. I am very curious to know what we end up doing in the next few months. Accept the off year as it was be best card we could get after the off season we had.

The smart moves are obvious IMO. Lets hope the management and President/Owner see the obvious!!
He will closer to the deadline. Some team will call and pay the price for Max and Galchenyuk (2 different deals).
The most optimistic fans still hung on those lousy Atlantic division banners with 0 value in comparison to the Met banners. And they believed AG would go back to his own good stat lines in the Priceless disaster of 2012. He is back to his 45 pt pace. 30 goals was a mirage. 20 is what he is. Add lousy defensive play. Off the ice issues is a possibility. Tough to tell but pretty easy to tell Weber doesnt have them.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
1) Patch to the Blues for Thomas and 2019 1st

2) Patch to the Kings for Vilardi and a 2018 1st

3) Patch to the Preds for Tolvanen and a 2018 1st

4) Patch to the Ducks for Steel and a 2018 1st

5) Pleky to the Pens for a 2nd

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He will closer to the deadline. Some team will call and pay the price for Max and Galchenyuk (2 different deals).
The most optimistic fans still hung on those lousy Atlantic division banners with 0 value in comparison to the Met banners. And they believed AG would go back to his own good stat lines in the Priceless disaster of 2012. He is back to his 45 pt pace. 30 goals was a mirage. 20 is what he is. Add lousy defensive play. Off the ice issues is a possibility. Tough to tell but pretty easy to tell Weber doesnt have them.

I would prefer to keep Galchenyuk as I don't think his stock gets any lower. I would trade him this off season of before the 2019 trade deadline if we don't get decent value in return. Patch needs to be traded before the 2018 deadline.

What do you think we get for Pleky (Salary retention)? A 2nd at best?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
1) Patch to the Blues for Thomas and 2019 1st

2) Patch to the Kings for Vilardi and a 2018 1st

3) Patch to the Preds for Tolvanen and a 2018 1st

4) Patch to the Ducks for Steel and a 2018 1st

5) Pleky to the Pens for a 2nd
All Patch proposals are fine but i doubt a first will come with the top prospect. Maybe 2 2nd.

Plek is 35. Been here since forever. I would sit down with him and trade him only if he truly wants to go to a top team. I believe he will want to finish his career here quietly. Great player not sitting on the good chair.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
All Patch proposals are fine but i doubt a first will come with the top prospect. Maybe 2 2nd.

Plek is 35. Been here since forever. I would sit down with him and trade him only if he truly wants to go to a top team. I believe he will want to finish his career here quietly. Great player not sitting on the good chair.

I know some other player wanted to do that too...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

No way I let Pleky set his own terms. I respect him but if we are not making the playoffs (very likely), I trade him to a cup contender and recoup future assets. He will get over it

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There are rumors that Bergevin is working on a deal
Another deal like 2 weeks ago
An AHL deal so that might take 6 weeks of his time!!

Who will be the next Cracknell?

Bergevin or his successor, will be using cap room to repair Bergevin contract over-reaches. Finally, there was a plan all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad