Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Agreed. Now that Schenn has proven himself to be a top 6 center, they can part ways with some of their center depth. Thomas is the guy I would want though. It just sucks that they are looking for more help on RW. They tried Steen on the right side and have since moved him back to LW.

What's your thoughts about Barbashev? I'm not sure we should touch him.

RW or LW dont matter much, i'm ready to bet that if Blues acquire a scorer like Patch even if they play him RW on a line with Stastny and Tarasenko he would scores a tons

Only HF GM's put that much emphasis on the RW LW thing, if Armstrong get the right deal (or at least what he think is the right deal for him)...for Patch he wouldnt think ''damn if only Patch would be a right winger'', i think he would think more like....''damn, Patch would look good on a line with Tarasenko and Stastny''

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Agreed. Now that Schenn has proven himself to be a top 6 center, they can part ways with some of their center depth. Thomas is the guy I would want though. It just sucks that they are looking for more help on RW. They tried Steen on the right side and have since moved him back to LW.
I'm sure they would want a young Thomas as their top 6 center instead of Stastny. The only center I can see them trading is him in a year or two after they resigned him.

I still think Philly can be a good team to trade with, konecny and one of their dman for Pacioretty and Lindgren or something like that.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They should move Patches, and move him soon. His value is slowly dropping.

His value has been eroding for quite some time now.
Max has been playing down to his contract.
Called out twice on the international stage once by the GM and most recently by the coach coupled with lukewarm post seasons here have taken a toll. Can we honestly expect compensation beyond that of a secondary player at this point, Is there a GM out there who sees him as the next Phil the Thrill. Probably not.
Perhaps we'd get more value if we moved him to a team trying to make a push to qualify.

Either way I think there would be some fans seriously disappointed in what we could get back for him.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Either way I think there would be some fans seriously disappointed in what we could get back for him.

Patch ain't worth much anymore.....his value has decreased drastically even from the start of this season.....you may get a center prospect and a second rounder

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
To Edmonton: Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, + one of Lindgren/Carr/Scherbak/Hudon/Shaw,
depending on who is needed to make it work?

To Montreal: Draisaitl, Nudgent-Hopkins

Oilers need wingers and goaltending. We need centers. And we also shouldn't be giving up Poehling or our 1st.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Called out twice on the international stage once by the GM and most recently by the coach coupled with lukewarm post seasons here have taken a toll. Can we honestly expect compensation beyond that of a secondary player at this point, Is there a GM out there who sees him as the next Phil the Thrill. Probably not.
Perhaps we'd get more value if we moved him to a team trying to make a push to qualify.

Kessel was a mess too and I think the Leafs got good compensation. Plus Craparetty has a much better contract. They may not get anything to help today, but the cupboard definitely needs restocking.

I have to say, I don’t know if I should be as surprised as I am each morning when I see there hasn’t been any trades by the Habs. Am I giving them too much credit or are they really this blind? I’d be in rebuild mode by now.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I'm sure they would want a young Thomas as their top 6 center instead of Stastny. The only center I can see them trading is him in a year or two after they resigned him.

I still think Philly can be a good team to trade with, konecny and one of their dman for Pacioretty and Lindgren or something like that.

Konecny (5'-10, 175 lbs) center who is age 20. I rater target someone at center with more size and younger. I agree that the Blues rather keep Thomas but you start high in asking price and then see what teams are interested. Best offer at trade deadline gets Patch. Teams will be hungry for goal scoring and some team will pay a price.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Weber+Pacioretty+2nd for Karlsson+Hoffman

I know Karlsson will want to be paid and that won’t be an issue for us financially or cap-wise.

Ottawa on the other hand, not sure Melnick is gonna be thrilled with Weber’s contract nor will he be happy about possibly having to pay Max $7m for 5-6 years.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
RW or LW dont matter much, i'm ready to bet that if Blues acquire a scorer like Patch even if they play him RW on a line with Stastny and Tarasenko he would scores a tons

Only HF GM's put that much emphasis on the RW LW thing, if Armstrong get the right deal (or at least what he think is the right deal for him)...for Patch he wouldnt think ''damn if only Patch would be a right winger'', i think he would think more like....''damn, Patch would look good on a line with Tarasenko and Stastny''

If the Blues call for Patch... It's Thomas and a 1st. I would love this deal! Otherwise, let them keep calling until the end before the deadline because that is when we get the best offer.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah he looks like an interesting prospect for sure, right handed, good both ways. An obvious fit in Montreal.

But I'd also want a prospect that's closer to contribute to the NHL in addition (and I don't think that's too much to ask).

So a Barbashev or Tage Thompson would also fit the bill IMO.

I don't know a whole lot about Barbashev though.

But I do think the Habs need more right handed players, with size, who can play in the top 6. So I've got a thing for Tage Thompson lately lol

I have a different strategy... go after 18 year olds before they become a #1 prospect that they consider untouchable. Thomas is closing in on this. I always look for growth in the 12 months after being drafted (Poehling, Mete, etc) and Thomas fits. Blues look at him just like we do with Poehling but they are cup contenders and the thought about adding a 5 time 30 goal NHL winger will make them drool a bit.

Barbashev is 21. I am interested but I would be asking for additional picks if he was the centerpiece.

Thompson is 20. I like him more than Barbashev but we already have Poehling who is a great #2C at this stage. I rather go after a center with more offensive skills vs size.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I know Karlsson will want to be paid and that won’t be an issue for us financially or cap-wise.

Ottawa on the other hand, not sure Melnick is gonna be thrilled with Weber’s contract nor will he be happy about possibly having to pay Max $7m for 5-6 years.

Starting next season, and continuing through his contract, Weber's salary will be at least $2M (rounded up) less than the AAV. He's eminently tradable now. Max could be moved in 2019 to avoid having to sign him to a huge contract. Also very tradable.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And it does nothing to help right now and sets us back for a couple of years. Terrible offer

Well... Good luck with trading Patch for a proven center under team control for several years. Sometimes you have to consider what the realistic options we do have with the team we have at the moment. Trying to fill holes in our line-up today is not the answer IMO. We are too far from being cup contenders and we don't have the pieces to trade in our prospect pool to make another Sergachev for Drouin deal.

I choose to focus at our age 18-25 core and have them lead by Price and Weber as they head towards their mid 30's. Any deal that improves our young core, I support it

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

He probably has around the same value as Eriksson have when they traded him for Seguin.

Pacioretty should still net you a blue chip prospect or a young NHLer with tons of skill but perceived issues.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Starting next season, and continuing through his contract, Weber's salary will be at least $2M (rounded up) less than the AAV. He's eminently tradable now. Max could be moved in 2019 to avoid having to sign him to a huge contract. Also very tradable.

Agreed. The thought that we are stuck with contracts we can't move is not reasonable. I call this anti Habs Propaganda.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Well... Good luck with trading Patch for a proven center under team control for several years. Sometimes you have to consider what the realistic options we do have with the team we have at the moment. Trying to fill holes in our line-up today is not the answer IMO. We are too far from being cup contenders and we don't have the pieces to trade in our prospect pool to make another Sergachev for Drouin deal.

I choose to focus at our age 18-25 core and have them lead by Price and Weber as they head towards their mid 30's.

Thomas does nothing for us for at least 2-3 years, if at all and their 1st rounder is a waste given where they'll end up. You don't trade your most valuable piece for a hope and a prayer. Management needs to be smarter than that

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Create a bidding war.

Agreed. The only other equal player available in talent is E Kane and Patch is signed for an additional year and a cheaper AAV. Patch is also considered to be more of a team player and less distractive vs the trouble Kane got into in past years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Thomas does nothing for us for at least 2-3 years, if at all and their 1st rounder is a waste given where they'll end up. You don't trade your most valuable piece for a hope and a prayer. Management needs to be smarter than that

Yes, you understand me correctly. I support improving our age 18-25 core. Other than Tavares, I don't see us getting the missing pieces we need to win in the next 2-3 years. Better to take a few steps back now and keep adding to our younger core. There is nothing wrong with having a team lead by Price/Weber while the young core grows in the next 4-6 years IMO. An 18 year old today would be 22-24 in that 4-6 year range. Drouin is age 22 today and would be 26-28. Danault would be 28-30 range. This does not include what other moves we can do from here till that point as well.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Patch ain't worth much anymore.....his value has decreased drastically even from the start of this season.....you may get a center prospect and a second rounder
Pacioretty is still worth a lot teams know he has been one of the best snipers in hockey the last 5 years,that is while having DD and Danault at center,other GM's know if they get Pacioretty and put him with WAY better centers like Kings or Penguins he will score,so yes other teams will pay big for Pacioretty.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I wonder about a Weber for OEL type deal.

If OEL doesn't want to re-sign with them they have two choices trade him for prospects/picks as part of a never ending rebuild or trade him for a worse player on a long term deal and try to break out of the never ending rebuild.

They could easily see Weber's contract as a positive rather then a negative. He's signed for ever so they don't have to worry about losing him to FA. After this year Weber's salary is very reasonable at 6m for 4 years, 3m for a year, then 3 years at 1m (He'll probably retire during these). That a pretty good deal money wise for them. They obviously don't care about the cap hit like other teams would. They probably also value his leadership/mentorship attributes

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
I am scared to death of ANY trade we make..... just think about it, if we had done NOTHING our starting D core could be.

PK Subban
Ryan McDonaugh
Mikhail Sergachev
Andre Markov (Great Mentor for MS)
Jeff Petry
6th and 7th.... take your pick

Bob Gainey (made this team WORSE and SMALLER if that was even possible after the Koivu era)
Pierre Gauthier (the ghost who took the team away from the fans was a disaster)
Marc Bergevin (I like to wear Hugo Boss but I look for talent at Walmart)

When was the last time we had a decent GM?

List of Montreal Canadiens general managers - Wikipedia

And you guys are anxious for trades..... personally I am scared to death!!!

Reactions: habsgirl5000

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I am scared to death of ANY trade we make..... just think about it, if we had done NOTHING our starting D core could be.

PK Subban
Ryan McDonaugh
Mikhail Sergachev
Andre Markov (Great Mentor for MS)
Jeff Petry
6th and 7th.... take your pick

Bob Gainey (made this team WORSE and SMALLER if that was even possible after the Koivu era)
Pierre Gauthier (the ghost who took the team away from the fans was a disaster)
Marc Bergevin (I like to wear Hugo Boss but I look for talent at Walmart)

When was the last time we had a decent GM?

List of Montreal Canadiens general managers - Wikipedia

And you guys are anxious for trades..... personally I am scared to death!!!

In the interest of fairness, Petry was a trade/signing. He shouldn't be on that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad