Proposal: Trade proposal thread - Trades are Needed---Who goes 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Konecny (5'-10, 175 lbs) center who is age 20. I rater target someone at center with more size and younger. I agree that the Blues rather keep Thomas but you start high in asking price and then see what teams are interested. Best offer at trade deadline gets Patch. Teams will be hungry for goal scoring and some team will pay a price.
Konecny plays wing. 21 faceoffs this year. 2nd year in nhl straight out of juniors. I hope for a Couturier type improvement.Will take 2-3 more years. A keeper.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Konecny plays wing. 21 faceoffs this year. 2nd year in nhl straight out of juniors. I hope for a Couturier type improvement.Will take 2-3 more years. A keeper.

I think he is a solid prospect and I didn't say he sucks. However, we have Evans with similar potential and size as a dark horse prospect. I rather acquire someone with skill, size, and above average skating instead. Tired of the small and soft forwards on our roster. We already have Patch, Pleky, Drouin, Hudon, Lehkonen, Galchenyuk who are not known for winning puck battles. It's about time we throw in some talent with the Size/Skating/Skill combo in our roster. Poehling is a start but I would like to add similar talent if we are trading Patch.

Last edited:

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I think he is a solid prospect and I didn't say he sucks. However, we have Evans with similar potential and size as a dark horse prospect. I rather acquire someone with skill, size, and above average skating instead. Tired of the small and soft forwards on our roster. We already have Patch, Pleky, Drouin, Hudon, Lehkonen, Galchenyuk who are not known for winning puck battles. It's about time we throw in some talent with the Size/Skating/Skill combo in our roster. Poehling is a start but I would like to add similar talent if we are trading Patch.
Just wanted to clarify on the center stuff. Konecny is past the prospect stage. Exact same stats as Lehkonen but Konecny is 2 yrs younger. Poehling and Evans are fine prospects but Philly is richer and still view young forwards as a weakness. Lindblom, Rubstov, Frost, Ratcliffe, Vorobyev, etc. Plus Patrick at 19.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just wanted to clarify on the center stuff. Konecny is past the prospect stage. Exact same stats as Lehkonen but Konecny is 2 yrs younger. Poehling and Evans are fine prospects but Philly is richer and still view young forwards as a weakness. Lindblom, Rubstov, Frost, Ratcliffe, Vorobyev, etc. Plus Patrick at 19.

I agree Philly is stocked as well but they are not a cup contender until a few years yet potentially. Patch and his contract left don't fit with the Flyer's today and the Habs are better off trading Patch to who is considered a cup contender now. That's where we potentially get the return we want

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Teams like Carolina, Minnesota, Rangers and Edmonton want play offs. The Oil are about done and they especially need to do something asap.

LA is looking for a Cup run.

Leafs would be interested in Weber, but don't see MB moving him.

Patches very desirable out there. Chucky on own not a big piece back, but couple him with say Gallagher and we could get somebody top line.

There is opportunity as there are teams in need like us. I'm sure GMs will try to get a steal , but the teams who have needs can't play that game too long out of fear somebody else gets the player they want from us.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Teams like Carolina, Minnesota, Rangers and Edmonton want play offs. The Oil are about done and they especially need to do something asap.

LA is looking for a Cup run.

Leafs would be interested in Weber, but don't see MB moving him.

Patches very desirable out there. Chucky on own not a big piece back, but couple him with say Gallagher and we could get somebody top line.

There is opportunity as there are teams in need like us. I'm sure GMs will try to get a steal , but the teams who have needs can't play that game too long out of fear somebody else gets the player they want from us.

There is virtually no chance Montreal gets a top line piece for the bolded that justifies what they are giving up. They lose that trade 99 times out of 100.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
i still think Patches should go faster then Chuck,
and here is why

Chuck is young and may come around, Patches is not a captain, as Weber had to have the team over to try to get them fired up,

as well, Patches contract for a contender like STL or PITT, is not a burden...

MB will try to save face, and move one or both of these guys,......but when?

this week is a prime time to make a move
Doesn't matter who goes first, as long as it's not MB doing the deals.........no way can anyone trust this guys judgement.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
There is virtually no chance Montreal gets a top line piece for the bolded that justifies what they are giving up. They lose that trade 99 times out of 100.

For Patches alone it's prospect or young player with top 6 upside. Chytil / Andersson and 1st from Rangers as an example. Doubt he could get RNH.

For Chucky and Gallagher we could have a shot at Hanifin, although his game had really taken off. Maybe a change of scenery trade like Chucky for Eriksson Ek.

I think the last guy MB would trade is Weber, but for him we might be able to get Draisatl or Nylander from the Leafs ( if he can be a centre ).

I think Chucky should be played at centre and be damned the defensive deficiencies because I think he will produce there. But that's not happening in Montreal. So yes, we could really lose there, but that's our management.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
For Patches alone it's prospect or young player with top 6 upside. Chytil / Andersson and 1st from Rangers as an example. Doubt he could get RNH.

For Chucky and Gallagher we could have a shot at Hanifin, although his game had really taken off. Maybe a change of scenery trade like Chucky for Eriksson Ek.

I think the last guy MB would trade is Weber, but for him we might be able to get Draisatl or Nylander from the Leafs ( if he can be a centre ).

I think Chucky should be played at centre and be damned the defensive deficiencies because I think he will produce there. But that's not happening in Montreal. So yes, we could really lose there, but that's our management.

1) Hanafin is a D-man, he doesn't play on the top line; and
2) I think Hanafin is amazing. Montreal still loses that trade.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
1) Hanafin is a D-man, he doesn't play on the top line; and
2) I think Hanafin is amazing. Montreal still loses that trade.

He plays 2nd pair because of how deep they are. I think Hanifin would be a great add. Please remember what I said, I would play Chucky at C, but that will never happen here so he will never realize his full potential. So get a player like Hanifin

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Would you trade Galchenyuk and Gallagher for TJ Miller and Pavel Buchnevich?

Pacioretty Danault Lehkonen
Buchnevich Miller Drouin
Byron Plekanec Shaw

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Would you trade Galchenyuk and Gallagher for TJ Miller and Pavel Buchnevich?

Pacioretty Danault Lehkonen
Buchnevich Miller Drouin
Byron Plekanec Shaw

No i would trade Pacioretty twice before considering trading Gallagher once.

As for your proposal- i think we would be much worse off offensively.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If we trade Pacioretty i hope it won't be for a 24/25 years old C. If we rebuild, by the time we are ready to compete that player is past his prime. I want a 1st round pick and 2 young promising players under 21.

Andersson and Chytil from the Rangers. Doubt they would give up both. Wouldn't get a 1st on top, but that would be fine.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If we trade Pacioretty i hope it won't be for a 24/25 years old C. If we rebuild, by the time we are ready to compete that player is past his prime. I want a 1st round pick and 2 young promising players under 21.
Why, so we can hope they turn into something 3 years down the road? Seems like a waste especially considering so many like yourself don't trust our staff to develop youngsters.

I'd rather move him for a piece we know can play in the NHL and make it count.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Does anyone actually watch Carolina & have a good scouting report on Hanifin?

What I've seen of him is he's a fantastic skater, but he seems a step below other young d-man, like Werenski or Ekblad.

He's on pace for his first 40pt season it looks like, which is great, but he's a minus player again.

It concerns me that he's not part of Carolina's top 4 yet. Slavin, Pesce & Faulk are ahead of him for good reasons. Now, it looks like Fleury has passed him for a top 4 spot.

In his 3rd season & he's still a #5D for them. Is he a late bloomer like Cam Fowler? Or, is his upside not as high as we'd like? Not sure enough about that kid.

I'd pass in a Pacioretty trade & take any one of their big 3 instead.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Why, so we can hope they turn into something 3 years down the road? Seems like a waste especially considering so many like yourself don't trust our staff to develop youngsters.

I'd rather move him for a piece we know can play in the NHL and make it count.
This season might be in the ditch by the time the team comes back from that Christmas road trip. This season you don't need an NHL-ready player; if the team is trading Max, it's because it is throwing up the white flag for 17-18.

This offseason, there are good wingers available as UFA. Trade Max, even if the futures aren't immediate help to the '18-19 roster, and sign JVR or Neal or Kane. You haven't lost much in terms of veteran winger scoring, but you've added those extra pieces.

Do you have somebody in mind when you want Max traded for a guy 'we know can play in the NHL'? Bear in mind that contending teams aren't going to fork over a young top-3 D or top 6 C for Max since they need those players to compete right now. Max for RNH doesn't excite me, not sure what other team has the player you are seeking.

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
If Bergevin gets fired once the season is over, and we find a new GM, he will inherit Bergevin's mess. Plus he won't have much time to prep for the Draft.

- Press Conference (Introduction).
- Schedule a meeting the coaching staff, the scouting team and the management team.
- Get ready for the draft
- Go over the current roster, the AHL team, and the prospect pool.

I am sure if a new GM is named, we will see the end of the Bergervin's BFF's. Lefebvre, JJ Daignault etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad