Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Shattenkirk would look good with Weber if we have permission to get him to commit long term.

Juulsen, a 1st, and Emelin for Shattenkirk.

Shattenkirk Weber
Markov Petry
Beaulieu Pateryn
Nesterov

Although I'd try to include Beaulieu in a trade for Duchene or Kane.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Shattenkirk plays the right, would't be a good fit with Weber.

That's right I heard that and that he can't play the left side.

Would be nice if either he or Petry could play the left side.

Petry Weber
Markov Shattenkirk
Beaulieu Pateryn
Nesterov

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Also, Could Weber play the left side.

It would mean he'd always be open for his one timer.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Shattenkirl would be a 3rd pairing on our roster, not good.

Get a LD or forward talent.

Vancouver has some good talent on the backend, might look there.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Any defenceman that the Habs acquire needs to be a clear-cut #2/#3. Otherwise we'll simply be picking up a player to expose them in the expansion draft.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
:flames

Alexei Emelin (50% retained)

:habs

Michael Ferland

:Nashville

Tomas Plekanec (50% retained)

Colin Wilson

:nucks

1st 2017
Nikita Scherbak
Daniel Carr

Ben Hutton

Pacioretty-Danault-Gallagher
Wilson-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Lehkonen-Shaw-Ferland
Byron-McCarron-Mitchell

Hutton-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Nesterov

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Our D pairings wouldn't be that bad if we get Shattenkirk on our 3rd pairing.

Either
Markov - Weber
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Shattenkirk

Or

Beaulieu - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Shattenkirk

Would provide balance to our lines and Beaulieu plays well with good players so should play well with Shatty or Weber. Only thing is we'll be losing Emelin to Vegas and Shatty's probably going to NYR at the end of the season.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Petry practiced on the left side earlier this year so there was SOME intention of trying him with Weber. If we got Shattenkirk I wouldn't be against trying that again. Plus, we are one of only two Canadian teams on Shattenkirk's list of teams he'd consider signing with long-term in the east.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
If Weber is so good and was worth trading Subban for (not) can he make the adjustment and play the left side?

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
If Weber is so good and was worth trading Subban for (not) can he make the adjustment and play the left side?

....being really good does not mean they can be placed on their off-side to justify some trade fantasy you have.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
Not sure what they are worth or if MB should wait until the off season, but I'd like him to trade :

1. Jacob de la Rose - gone, gone, gone. Big, strong, fairly physical, good skater, good without the puck... get what you can for him now. Whatever that is. He has not improved in two years and before his value is zero, trade him.

2. Lindgren or McNiven - they are both considered to be very very solid prospects. Lindgren is valued as one of the best AHL goalies. McNiven is valued as one of the best CHL goalies. As complimentary pieces to a bigger trade, MB should not hesitate to sweeten a deal using one of the two.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Two glaring needs for the Habs -

Second line left winger with size. Paul Byron just isn't the answer.

First pairing left handed defenseman to play with Weber.

We can get by with Danault and Galchenyuk playing center.

So with Bergevin unwilling to pay a big price on players, I'm guessing that we likely kick the tires and acquire Patrick Sharp for the second line.

Bergevin will definitely get a defenseman. It just depends on what kind of defenseman he acquires.

Hutton from Vancouver, if Bergevin ever deals with them, after the Subban fiasco, may be a possibility. Fleecing Vancouver wouldn't be that difficult.

I'd still rather bite the bullet and pay for Landeskog and have a true powerforward but I doubt that it happens.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Two glaring needs for the Habs -

Second line left winger with size. Paul Byron just isn't the answer.

First pairing left handed defenseman to play with Weber.

We can get by with Danault and Galchenyuk playing center.

So with Bergevin unwilling to pay a big price on players, I'm guessing that we likely kick the tires and acquire Patrick Sharp for the second line.

Bergevin will definitely get a defenseman. It just depends on what kind of defenseman he acquires.

Hutton from Vancouver, if Bergevin ever deals with them, after the Subban fiasco, may be a possibility. Fleecing Vancouver wouldn't be that difficult.

I'd still rather bite the bullet and pay for Landeskog and have a true powerforward but I doubt that it happens.

I tend to agree with this. A good LW would be my preference over centre at this point.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
That's right I heard that and that he can't play the left side.

Would be nice if either he or Petry could play the left side.

Petry Weber
Markov Shattenkirk
Beaulieu Pateryn
Nesterov
Montreal won 4 straight Stanley cups in the late 70's and every d-man they had was a left handed shot other than Jim Roberts who played mostly on the wing.:)

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Much more difficult, and not as common, for a right handed player to play on the offside, other than on the PP.

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
And on the Habs roster, I think there are few untouchables for MB.

Yes, lots of controversy and risk, but I think these guys are in play...

Chucky - I won't be surprised. I'd bet MB would trade him straight up for squeeky clean great attitude but less talent Landeskog and whose sister isn't as pretty on Instagram.

Beaulieu - see Chucky. If Hainsey is worth a second... I think Nate the Great is undervalued here and by the Quebec experts but I'd bet MB trades him for a solid all around but less talented defenseman whose girlfriend isn't as pretty on Instagram.

Pateryn - I like him a lot as the #6 defenseman and it's unfortunate that his nutso wife did what she did just as Julien became coach. A couple of good games and Julien could have liked him a lot. So he's as good as gone with his value lower than it's been all year. So, another Nesterov type #6 or #7 D as the trade return for our former #6.

Gallaguer : surprised if he goes? Sure. His value was tremendous at the start of the year and he may yet be the gritty player that got him here... but man, he's nowhere close now and at best a 3rd line small grinder. Does a team like Vancouver want to make a hockey trade for this hometown boy and make a solid offer? Maybe.

DD - any hope of a contender wanting him. For a 2022 7th rounder?

McCarron - If he can help land a top 6 player, I'd do it right away. If another team is excited by his potential and really wants him, MB should not hesitate in my opinion.

Last edited:

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
We have the most payed defence in the league and you guys wanna add another 6M$ D.

I'd rather focus on offense where Byron/Lehkonen/Gallagher are on our top2 lines. We need another topline winger much more than we need a D.

We have Juulsen and Sergachev in te system. And no one who can fulfill a 1st/2nd line role.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I was a big Gallagher fan from the get go. He was dangerous pretty much every time he was on the ice from his first camp. I hardly see him as an offensive threat anymore. My biggest worry is not that the points aren't there, but more that the chances aren't being created. It's a lot like Plekanec. Plus, he's not even as gritty.

Imho, it's mainly due to him being behind the play due to his lack of foot speed. My biggest disappointment this year, far ahead of Plekanec who I knew was declining at his age, is the decline (demise?) of Gallagher. I doubt Bergevin will trade him, so I hope I'm wrong and Gallagher re-emerges.

He's not fast or big enough to be effective anymore. He literally gets stappled on the boards every time he tries to get past the blue line. Trade now whil the value is still sort of there.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
DD - any hope of a contender wanting him. For a 2022 7th rounder?

It won't be a contender, but maybe if a bottom dweller sells off some pieces, they could use DD to plug a roster spot for the rest of the season. Arizona perhaps, after they deal Hanzal. Hey, a guy can dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad