Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
honestly, I completely forgot about Edler. While not being that young anymore, he would be amazing addition and much cheaper then guys like Fowler, ekman larsson, etc

Edler-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn

Emelin extra or traded. Our d corp would lack a bit of physicality so emelin not a bad idea to keep him.

I would suggest to just get Edler and a fwd rental like Sharp (for emelin)?, which are REALISTIC options.

trades for duchene types only happens in the off season

...damn, forgot totally about Edler...would be an amazing add if the price is right...Benning isn't the sharpest axe on the rack, so it shouldn't be overly difficult...:laugh:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Denis, is that you? :D

"I believe acquiring a real centre is a priority on MB's shopping list, as I am convinced that Galchenyuk is not this number 1 centre the Habs need. Number 27 must be moved to wing if Le Tricolore gets that centre." - D. Gauthier, RDS article

Pretty sure Julien can use the English language to educate Chucky on how to deal with the Keslers of the league, whereas MT... probably never did.

Hey man, I want him to become our first line center, but he is not. It's the reality... :laugh:

Blame Therrien, management or whoever but this doesn't change the fact that he is not there yet.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The real Chucky is not better defensively than what you see right now.

Now he's not only struggling in his own zone he's struggling in both zones.

He was not better defensively earlier in the season , but he was at least producing...

Don't you think there's a difference between centering Pacioretty and playing on Eller's wing?

DD got 60 points centering Pacioretty...

Byron-Chucky-Radulov was a dominant line earlier in the season.
Byron-Chucky-Gally ??? :)

"at least producing" like he's not totally useless or something... even though it was TOP 5 scoring...

I mean, you don't like AG, and it's OK' but come on now...

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Edler would still cost quite a bit. Considering how weak this year's draft is though I wouldn't be against throwing Vancouver our 1st-round-pick and a prospect considering his contract fits into our "window". He's got a NTC, though.

Sharp could be had for a pick. No sense in throwing Emelin away when he can be a big part of our bottom pairing for the playoffs as long as he's paired with a mobile defenseman.

yes but he would be a lot cheaper then other options (edler). Ntc can be waived ?

Im tired of Emelin, while not being a bad defenceman, I dont think he brings much. His d play is VERY OVERRATED, he lacks mobility. His first pass is ok nothing special, his shot is ok. I think we already forgot that vs the rangers, in the final game in the ECF, his play was horrific on the GWG.

I think a guy like Edler would be a big upgrade over him. Plus, Edler has a few years in the tank left, which is something needed for us if we want the cup. getting young guys isnt always the solution.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
The real Chucky is not better defensively than what you see right now.

Now he's not only struggling in his own zone he's struggling in both zones.

He was not better defensively earlier in the season , but he was at least producing...

Don't you think there's a difference between centering Pacioretty and playing on Eller's wing?

DD got 60 points centering Pacioretty...

Byron-Chucky-Radulov was a dominant line earlier in the season.
Byron-Chucky-Gally ??? :)

Price has been struggling in net, might he be the big bodied forward we are looking for? Or maybe slumps happen and we should let our most talented players ride them out?

I think we'll look long and hard at Shattenkirk. He's a rental and should be cheaper than a guy with term and have a huge impact on our D. He's played LD before and is the perfect partner for Weber.

Just feels like a Bergevin trade to me.

If Shattenkirk could play LD as effectively as RD they would be keeping him. Its that they also have Parayko and Pirtangelo at RD that they need to move him.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Edler would still cost quite a bit. Considering how weak this year's draft is though I wouldn't be against throwing Vancouver our 1st-round-pick and a prospect considering his contract fits into our "window". He's got a NTC, though.

Sharp could be had for a pick. No sense in throwing Emelin away when he can be a big part of our bottom pairing for the playoffs as long as he's paired with a mobile defenseman.

...damn, forgot totally about Edler...would be an amazing add if the price is right...Benning isn't the sharpest axe on the rack, so it shouldn't be overly difficult...:laugh:

Will Benning admit that his team needs a rebuild though and actually trade the vets he needs to trade?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
"at least producing" like he's not totally useless or something... even though it was TOP 5 scoring...

I mean, you don't like AG, and it's OK' but come on now...

What exactly is the utility if he's bad defensively and not producing offensively? :laugh:

I hope he wakes up, this team needs him...

Price has been struggling in net, might he be the big bodied forward we are looking for? Or maybe slumps happen and we should let our most talented players ride them out?

My whole point is not even about his offense, he will start producing again but he's not going to learn how to defend in the next 2 weeks, unfortunately.

And it seems more and more that he's not able to produce on his own or make his wingers better. A center should be able to do this.

Sure, put him back with Radulov and he will start again to get points...

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
We need LD bad. Emelin will not cut it on that first pairing. I just don't know who's available. Does Anaheim still need to move a Dman?

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
You don't understand the desire of some to see a 6'6 235lbs center who wins faceoffs better than anyone on this roster, can play 18+ mins a game effectively, play on the PK, PP, chip offense at a better rate than any other center on this team not named Alex Galchenyuk?

Hanzal is the ideal target for the Habs since he can make the Habs bigger down the middle and grittier. Hanzal has some nice hands for a giant and should in theory create space for the Pac/Radu duo. It also gives Danault a chance to be placed on 3rd line again and get him out of his slump.

Then, we come back to the big center thing again, but is it our need? I give you that Hanzal is realy good on faceoffs. He'll win it 1 more time in 10 attemps than anybody in this club. The problem is he'll be on the scoreboard just 1 time by 2 games and this is not what we need. We have good defensive forwards, gritty players and center able to put 40 pts in a year. I think it would be more effective to take a bet on a guy like Tyler Bozak, who could be shameful sometimes behind the play, but who will be ur 3rd pts leaders and have the same faceoff percentage than Hanzal. Its a hell of a bet but with high rewards. If not, I would go on rentals a la Vrbata just to find a way to produce.

By the way, I disagree that Hanzal could create more space for Radu and Pac than Danault actually does. Hanzal is not fast enough to let Radu slide on the offensive zone like we let him doing it actually at times.

There's a reason teams are more willing than previous years to trade their 1st-round-picks. This is a weak draft. Patrick will have a strong two-way game but not be super productive like the latest crop of top prospects in the past couple of years. Plus he has injury issues.

Its maybe a weak draft but a 1st is a 1st and remember you that the best draft of the Habs in 2007 was seen like a weak year initially.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
What exactly is the utility if he's bad defensively and not producing offensively? :laugh:

My whole point is not even about his offense, he will start producing again but he's not going to learn how to defend in the next 2 weeks, unfortunately.

And it seems more and more that he's not able to produce on his own or make his wingers better. A center should be able to do this.

Sure, put him back with Radulov and he will start again to get points...

Do I really need to quote the post you made like 2 posts ago where you called the Byron - Chucky - Radulov line dominant?

You continue to trivialize and offensive player putting up points though so I'm not sure why I even bother.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Do I really need to quote the post you made like 2 posts ago where you called the Byron - Chucky - Radulov line dominant?

You continue to trivialize and offensive player putting up points though so I'm not sure why I even bother.

I don't think you got the point with that example ...

Byron-Chucky-Radulov= Dominant
Byron-Chucky-Gally= Nothing

How come? You can't see that it's not Chucky that is the catalyst?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Hanzal and then play him between Patch and Radulov.
I've heard it all now. Should we try Big Mac there just to cop a feel?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I won't lie, I don't know what turn Edlers game has taken. That said, I would definitly target him. Now who between Beaulieu or Emelin goes would be up to Bergevin, but the truth is we're wasting a ton of money on Plekanec, Desharnais and Emelin. I won't even add Shaws terrible contract.

I see most guys on the team as expendable to be honest. Weber, Price and Radulov are the only guys I see as keepers. The team still has a lot of potential trade pieces like Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Emelin, Gallagher that we should seriously consider moving to get two good centers and that LD to take some pressure off Weber.

Honestly, when you look at the big picture in the last five years, it's impressive how much MB+MT's tenure has been a failure.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

so what you're saying is AG only played a dozen of games or so at C in his career...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I won't lie, I don't know what turn Edlers game has taken. That said, I would definitly target him. Now who between Beaulieu or Emelin goes would be up to Bergevin, but the truth is we're wasting a ton of money on Plekanec, Desharnais and Emelin. I won't even add Shaws terrible contract.

I see most guys on the team as expendable to be honest. Weber, Price and Radulov are the only guys I see as keepers. The team still has a lot of potential trade pieces like Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Emelin, Gallagher that we should seriously consider moving to get two good centers and that LD to take some pressure off Weber.

Honestly, when you look at the big picture in the last five years, it's impressive how much MB+MT's tenure has been a failure.

We may be "Chasing the Leafs" as early as next year.
For every aging and disfunctional part our fans have noted these past couple of years they have a young and talented player developing PROPERLY.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think the Canadiens need a power forward to go anywhere in the playoffs. Especially if there 1st rd draw is Ottawa or Boston, teams that will negate speed with tight checking.

I think MB knows this is a weakness, that is why he bid hard on Lucic in the offseason.

As much as I want Rene Bourque back, the metis sharpshooter who carried the team years back, i think that the Habs should try for a better player.

He may be a ****** but Evander Kane sure would look good with Plekanec and Gallagher. That Canadiens don't have a lot of shooters, and the playoffs will require one. He has the physicality to get possession, as there are too many small forwards on the team easy to ride out on the boards.

I would offer Beaulieu, who is simply too inconsistent, and necessary prospects, maybe Lindgren?

I would replace Beaulieu with Dan Hamhuis, another playoff vet. Could be acquired for a 3rd or prospect. His skating may be in decline, but he fills the toughness needed for a playoff run. Bergevin loses no key pieces. Beaulieu's spot is Sergachev's next year.

I would pair Hamhuis with Weber, his old partner, and hope that the two BC boys can be as effective as Hamrlik and Spacek (not the fleetest of foot) were in the playoffs years ago. Alot is to be said for experience.

The lines:

Pacman-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Kane-Plekanec-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Shaw (that is a playoff defensive line that can stifle opponents)
Lehkonen-Mitchell-McCarron/Flynn

Carr, Desharnais and Hudon for depth

Hamhuis-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn

Nesterov and Redmond are depth.

Sergachev maybe gets in with injury.

PP1
Pacioretty-Shaw-Radulov
Weber-Markov

PP2
Kane-Plekanec-Gallagher
Petry-Galchenyuk

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Are the isalnders selling? I would love to add Lee to our LW depth. Power and speed.

I would also like sharp or even Vanek if he's willing.

As for centre, if the price gets too high for Duchene, go for someone line Hanzal. Julien would love having hanzal, plekanec, danault and Mitchell as a two way centre team. (Galchenyuk as well of course)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd make a serious attempt at Evander Kane. There are more than enough leaders and veterans on this club to lead by example and help him fit in, even if we all know that players who exhibit immature behavior off ice are prone to recurrence. By the same token, Kane's personal history and more specifically his reported breaches of the law, could be factored in to help negotiate a lower buying price than it otherwise would have been, had he not had those issues.

If the price is deflated enough, this is the only way a team like the Habs that has limited resources, that can't trade for a top 6 without creating another hole, lands that top 6.

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
Are the isalnders selling? I would love to add Lee to our LW depth. Power and speed.

I would also like sharp or even Vanek if he's willing.

As for centre, if the price gets too high for Duchene, go for someone line Hanzal. Julien would love having hanzal, plekanec, danault and Mitchell as a two way centre team. (Galchenyuk as well of course)

As much as I would like Duchene in Montreal, the asking price is too high, and there's no guarantee if he's going to resign with us next season. Landeskog is the same thing, you would have to add Sergatchev in the trade.

Hanzal is an option, but I would more for Boyle. He's bigger and he's good in the faceoff circle. And there's also Patrick Berglubd who's going to be a FA this summer

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
I think the Canadiens need a power forward to go anywhere in the playoffs. Especially if there 1st rd draw is Ottawa or Boston, teams that will negate speed with tight checking.

I think MB knows this is a weakness, that is why he bid hard on Lucic in the offseason.

As much as I want Rene Bourque back, the metis sharpshooter who carried the team years back, i think that the Habs should try for a better player.

He may be a ****** but Evander Kane sure would look good with Plekanec and Gallagher. That Canadiens don't have a lot of shooters, and the playoffs will require one. He has the physicality to get possession, as there are too many small forwards on the team easy to ride out on the boards.

I would offer Beaulieu, who is simply too inconsistent, and necessary prospects, maybe Lindgren?

I would replace Beaulieu with Dan Hamhuis, another playoff vet. Could be acquired for a 3rd or prospect. His skating may be in decline, but he fills the toughness needed for a playoff run. Bergevin loses no key pieces. Beaulieu's spot is Sergachev's next year.

I would pair Hamhuis with Weber, his old partner, and hope that the two BC boys can be as effective as Hamrlik and Spacek (not the fleetest of foot) were in the playoffs years ago. Alot is to be said for experience.

The lines:

Pacman-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Kane-Plekanec-Gallagher
Byron-Danault-Shaw (that is a playoff defensive line that can stifle opponents)
Lehkonen-Mitchell-McCarron/Flynn

Carr, Desharnais and Hudon for depth

Hamhuis-Weber
Markov-Petry
Emelin-Pateryn

Nesterov and Redmond are depth.

Sergachev maybe gets in with injury.

PP1
Pacioretty-Shaw-Radulov
Weber-Markov

PP2
Kane-Plekanec-Gallagher