Lehkonen - Danault - Shaw
Flynn - McCarron - Mitchell

Edler - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Nesterov
Pateryn

Arturogatti77

Feb 9, 2017
at this point I think the HABS should just go all in on Landeskog and Duchene. Trade what ever needed to get the deal done. The addition of the two would make our top 6 much harder to play against. And then just get a LD the don't cost much asset wise and cap wise so you could make this trade work.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I don't think you got the point with that example ...

Byron-Chucky-Radulov= Dominant
Byron-Chucky-Gally= Nothing

How come? You can't see that it's not Chucky that is the catalyst?

Oversimplification batman.

Or maybe Radulov is just bringing something that Gally doesn't (retrieval + playmaking skills). It's not always about being a catalyst; sometimes it's about pieces of a puzzle that fit well together. Radulov is a pretty tepid catalyst for Maxpac; Max doesn't need him as much as he has some retrieval skills of his own.

Chucky is a shooter. He either needs Radulov, Scherbak or Hudon on his wing (playmaking wingers), duh? (See the problem? we have one playmaking winger on the whole team.)

Turns out, the problem with Lekhonen, Byron, Ghetto, DD, Gallagher, is not that they are small: they are all shooters or weak NHL playmakers.
Turns out, Plekanec, Danault, McCarron, Mitchell, are not even good playmakers from the center, or it would be easy to use Chucky on the wing. They use him at center at this point, because he can create a bit more on his own there.

If there is one skill, this team is mediocre in its playmaking. Radulov wouldn't be such a difference maker without the scarcity in playmaking. Markov might not be used as much without the scarcity in playmaking.

They have to stop blaming the shooter, and Bergevin has to find someone to feed him. It's on him 100%. Trade him away to a team with playmakers and you'll get a 40 goals scorers explode after the trade as long as there is a good playmaker to feed him. For all these reasons, the guy to get isn't Duchene, it's Drouin! who would feed Chucky. It's that, or call up Hudon already and play him with Chucky.

Last edited:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
at this point I think the HABS should just go all in on Landeskog and Duchene. Trade what ever needed to get the deal done. The addition of the two would make our top 6 much harder to play against. And then just get a LD the don't cost much asset wise and cap wise so you could make this trade work.

At this point, if you do this, you have 20 games to adjust your system. That's from the POV of something that was created by Therrien. Basically you would have to sacrifice the playoffs imho. So you don't do this at this point.

That's off-season kind of trades.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
:habs

- Matt Duchene

:avs

- Nathan Beaulieu
- Noah Juulsen
- 1st pick
- Thomas Plekanec

- Edler

:nucks

- Nikita Scherbak
- 2nd rounder
- Lil Davy

Pacioretty - Duchene - Gallagher
Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov

Edler - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Nesterov
Pateryn

That's not enough to get Duchene.

I wonder if they'd be interested in:

Gallagher
Beaulieu
Scherbak
Juulsen
1st

I'm not sure even that is enough.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
That's not enough to get Duchene.

I wonder if they'd be interested in:

Gallagher
Beaulieu
Scherbak
Juulsen
1st

I'm not sure even that is enough.

How times have changed.

I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure 5 to 10 years ago one would have considered 3 X late 1st's + 1 serviceable 3C as an extreme overpayment for a 1B Centre with two years left before FA.

You just countered with 4 X late 1st's and a young gritty winger with a history of being great at deflecting shots from the point.

I guess this is reality now, I just don't like it.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Galchenyuk at C >> Galchenyuk at LW
Landy > Chucky at LW
Chucky at C >> Hanzal

Can you give any reasons that aren't height and fo%?

*Or Philip Danault

I also like how you need to clarify that he produces at a RATE because you know he won't actually stay healthy. And, that amazing PPG that we are trading for hasn't been above .5 since 12-13.

i can't predict any player can stay healthy.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
How times have changed.

I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure 5 to 10 years ago one would have considered 3 X late 1st's + 1 serviceable 3C as an extreme overpayment for a 1B Centre with two years left before FA.

You just countered with 4 X late 1st's and a young gritty winger with a history of being great at deflecting shots from the point.

I guess this is reality now, I just don't like it.

Gallagher had a strong history, but as the game is getting faster it's possible the game is leaving him and his slow speed behind (kind of like Bobby Ryan). Plus, not too many players can play his style for too long in the NHL (see Darcy Tucker).

I see trading him as unloading a potential liability going forward, not trading a 25 goal scorer anymore. Hopefully the Avs see him as a 20-25 goal scorer.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Gallagher had a strong history, but as the game is getting faster it's possible the game is leaving him and his slow speed behind (kind of like Bobby Ryan). Plus, not too many players can play his style for too long in the NHL (see Darcy Tucker).

I see trading him as unloading a potential liability going forward, not trading a 25 goal scorer anymore. Hopefully the Avs see him as a 20-25 goal scorer.

While I don't disagree with you about Gallagher having a shorter career ahead of him, he's 24 and makes $3.75m per year which is peanuts. He's paid like a third liner. He's a key to the team's success with his effort.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Oversimplification batman.

Or maybe Radulov is just bringing something that Gally doesn't (retrieval + playmaking skills). It's not always about being a catalyst; sometimes it's about pieces of a puzzle that fit well together. Radulov is a pretty tepid catalyst for Maxpac; Max doesn't need him as much as he has some retrieval skills of his own.

Chucky is a shooter. He either needs Radulov, Scherbak or Hudon on his wing (playmaking wingers), duh? (See the problem? we have one playmaking winger on the whole team.)

Turns out, the problem with Lekhonen, Byron, Ghetto, DD, Gallagher, is not that they are small: they are all shooters or weak NHL playmakers.
Turns out, Plekanec, Danault, McCarron, Mitchell, are not even good playmakers from the center, or it would be easy to use Chucky on the wing. They use him at center at this point, because he can create a bit more on his own there.

If there is one skill, this team is mediocre in its playmaking. Radulov wouldn't be such a difference maker without the scarcity in playmaking. Markov might not be used as much without the scarcity in playmaking.

They have to stop blaming the shooter, and Bergevin has to find someone to feed him. It's on him 100%. Trade him away to a team with playmakers and you'll get a 40 goals scorers explode after the trade as long as there is a good playmaker to feed him. For all these reasons, the guy to get isn't Duchene, it's Drouin! who would feed Chucky. It's that, or call up Hudon already and play him with Chucky.

Totally agree. Radulov really is the only player on the team who excels in that department. All of our C's are mediocre playmakers. On the backend, at least we have Markov (who is an elite passer). We could really use a guy like Krejci (not Krejci himself) who could infuse some talent and playmaking in this lineup.

Therrien is probably partly responsible for this as the offensive game plan the past few years seems to have been to funnel the puck on net from any angle whenever possible. Plek and Gallagher in particular love killing the cycle by throwing the puck on net from impossible angles. We need more patience in the offensive zone and better playmaking.

On that note, I really think we should dangle Gallagher. He doesn't bring anything that our other middle 6 wings don't provide and we need to try to bring in players with more talent and tools. At this point, I really think Carr/Ghetto can have a similar impact on the game as Gallagher does.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
While I don't disagree with you about Gallagher having a shorter career ahead of him, he's 24 and makes $3.75m per year which is peanuts. He's paid like a third liner. He's a key to the team's success with his effort.

...we also have the MT vs CJ development factor & difference in team game. Not dumping the puck in as often will likely make it a bit easier on Gally's body, me thinks. I'm hopeful that CJ resurrects the Chucky/Gally combo as an offensive weapon.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
...we also have the MT vs CJ development factor & difference in team game. Not dumping the puck in as often will likely make it a bit easier on Gally's body, me thinks. I'm hopeful that CJ resurrects the Chucky/Gally combo as an offensive weapon.

I was a big Gallagher fan from the get go. He was dangerous pretty much every time he was on the ice from his first camp. I hardly see him as an offensive threat anymore. My biggest worry is not that the points aren't there, but more that the chances aren't being created. It's a lot like Plekanec. Plus, he's not even as gritty.

Imho, it's mainly due to him being behind the play due to his lack of foot speed. My biggest disappointment this year, far ahead of Plekanec who I knew was declining at his age, is the decline (demise?) of Gallagher. I doubt Bergevin will trade him, so I hope I'm wrong and Gallagher re-emerges.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Also, I would like to see Gallagher and Shaw together on the third line.

Pacioretty Danault Radulov
Lehkonen Galchenyuk Ghetto
Shaw Plekanec Gallagher
Byron Mitchell McCarron

or

Lehkonen Galchenyuk Plekanec
Shaw McCarron Gallagher
Byron Mitchell Ghetto

or

Shaw Galchenyuk Gallagher
Lehkonen Plekanec Ghetto
Byron Mitchell McCarron

But we really need a trade. None of those lineups are good enough.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Personally, I don`t think Gallagher is finished or declining. I think he is the exact same player he always was, but was told to modify his game too much.

During the game vs NYR, i noticed he was holding on to the puck more and taking shots. Which he wouldnt do so much with Therrien.

Theres also the factor that he has played with Plekanec earlier in the season, and now is playing with a slumping Galchenyuk.

I would wait and give him a full season/off season with Julien before drawing a final conclusion.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Players I'd be interested in would be: Girgensen, Kulikov, Nyquist and Derrick Pouliot. Nyquist would play well with the two Gallys, imo.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Ron Hainsey just went for a 2nd. It's definitely a seller's market so far.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Well.

Hainsey just went for a 2nd in 2017 and Kristo

a 2nd+prospect for a 35 year old #6. Sellers Market 100%

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

- Matt Duchene

:avs

- Nathan Beaulieu
- Noah Juulsen
- 1st pick
- Thomas Plekanec

- Edler

:nucks

- Nikita Scherbak
- 2nd rounder
- Lil Davy

Pacioretty - Duchene - Gallagher
Byron - Galchenyuk - Radulov

Edler - Weber
Markov - Petry
Emelin - Nesterov
Pateryn
That looks great but I don't think Colorado will bite.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
Personally, I don`t think Gallagher is finished or declining. I think he is the exact same player he always was, but was told to modify his game too much.

During the game vs NYR, i noticed he was holding on to the puck more and taking shots. Which he wouldnt do so much with Therrien.

Theres also the factor that he has played with Plekanec earlier in the season, and now is playing with a slumping Galchenyuk.

I would wait and give him a full season/off season with Julien before drawing a final conclusion.

I love Gallagher, but if he could be a piece to bring in talent, I'd be willing to move on from him.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I love Gallagher, but if he could be a piece to bring in talent, I'd be willing to move on from him.

Agreed. There is always a price for every player. While I would be more patient with him, under Julien- if the right offer came along, I would deal him.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
would a Gallagher for Hutton deal make any sense? I don't know if Hutton is Left D or right D and could he play with Weber?

Only problem is who gets inserted to Gallagher's spot on RW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad