Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Intrigued by this statement, given the perfect symmetry of the rink.

I don't think it would be more difficult, per se, but I think lefties tend to get more practice playing their off-side since there are many more lefties than righties. Righties tend to stay on their right side as a result. If you look around the league, leftie-leftie pairings are not uncommon.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Intrigued by this statement, given the perfect symmetry of the rink.

Not very difficult to understand really...

There are fewer right handed players, than left handed players, there are even fewer right handed dmen, then left handed dmen.

When players, specifically Dmen, start playing hockey at a young age, through their junior career and into the pros...it's typical, because of the number of left handed hockey players, for left handed Dmen to play their offside.

Simply because there aren't a ton of right handed players...

Similarly, for right handed Dmen, when they start playing hockey at a young age, through their junior careers and into the pros...coaches won't ask them to play their offside simply because there are so many left handed Dmen and so few right handed Dmen.

To simplify...a left handed Dmen has played his offside at some point in his career more than likely.

Meanwhile, a right handed Dmen has never had to play his offside, so his experience is usually very limited or he has none at all.

Hence why the transition is more difficult for a righty, to play on the left side.

Hope I was clear enough.

DaNaultinus

The Human Fund Donor
Mar 25, 2013
Not very difficult to understand really...

There are fewer right handed players, than left handed players, there are even fewer right handed dmen, then left handed dmen.

When players, specifically Dmen, start playing hockey at a young age, through their junior career and into the pros...it's typical, because of the number of left handed hockey players, for left handed Dmen to play their offside.

Simply because there aren't a ton of right handed players...

Similarly, for right handed Dmen, when they start playing hockey at a young age, through their junior careers and into the pros...coaches won't ask them to play their offside simply because there are so many left handed Dmen and so few right handed Dmen.

To simplify...a left handed Dmen has played his offside at some point in his career more than likely.

Meanwhile, a right handed Dmen has never had to play his offside, so his experience is usually very limited or he has none at all.

Hence why the transition is more difficult for a righty, to play on the left side.

Hope I was clear enough.

Overall that's true. I think the NHL is about 70% left handed iirc. I did however play on a couple teams growing up that had 4 RHD and 2LHD.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
What would be a realistic price for Tavares? I'm trying to think of something that wouldn't deplete our lineup and that would be acceptable to NYI.

My first thought would be Pacioeretty + Gallagher + Sergachev though to be honest I'ad rather have those three players as opposed to JT.

Maybe we could offer Gallagher, Beaulieu, Lekonen and Sergachev.

Or we could wait but these guys rarely hit UFA (see Steven Stamkos). I say we go all in to pry JT away from the NYI.

Milosch

Jun 22, 2010
What would people think about trading with NJ for Kyle Quincey and Mike Cammalleri (some salary retained)? Quincey could fit into the top 4 for our defense and Cammalleri could add some scoring to our second line.

I know Cammalleri isn't happy in NJ due to recent healthy scratches. I know Cammalleri didn't leave Montreal on good terms, but with a new management, coaching staff and leadership group on the team, it could be a worthy risk.

I don't think the price would be that steep and could help us for a playoff push. Let me know what you guys think.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Oversimplification batman.

Or maybe Radulov is just bringing something that Gally doesn't (retrieval + playmaking skills). It's not always about being a catalyst; sometimes it's about pieces of a puzzle that fit well together. Radulov is a pretty tepid catalyst for Maxpac; Max doesn't need him as much as he has some retrieval skills of his own.

Chucky is a shooter. He either needs Radulov, Scherbak or Hudon on his wing (playmaking wingers), duh? (See the problem? we have one playmaking winger on the whole team.)

Turns out, the problem with Lekhonen, Byron, Ghetto, DD, Gallagher, is not that they are small: they are all shooters or weak NHL playmakers.
Turns out, Plekanec, Danault, McCarron, Mitchell, are not even good playmakers from the center, or it would be easy to use Chucky on the wing. They use him at center at this point, because he can create a bit more on his own there.

If there is one skill, this team is mediocre in its playmaking. Radulov wouldn't be such a difference maker without the scarcity in playmaking. Markov might not be used as much without the scarcity in playmaking.

They have to stop blaming the shooter, and Bergevin has to find someone to feed him. It's on him 100%. Trade him away to a team with playmakers and you'll get a 40 goals scorers explode after the trade as long as there is a good playmaker to feed him. For all these reasons, the guy to get isn't Duchene, it's Drouin! who would feed Chucky. It's that, or call up Hudon already and play him with Chucky.

A number one center shouldn't need someone to feed him! That's why this whole debate wing/center exists. He should dictate the play and not wait for Radulov to feed him...

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
What would people think about trading with NJ for Kyle Quincey and Mike Cammalleri (some salary retained)? Quincey could fit into the top 4 for our defense and Cammalleri could add some scoring to our second line.

I know Cammalleri isn't happy in NJ due to recent healthy scratches. I know Cammalleri didn't leave Montreal on good terms, but with a new management, coaching staff and leadership group on the team, it could be a worthy risk.

I don't think the price would be that steep and could help us for a playoff push. Let me know what you guys think.

I think there's more chances of seeing Vanek back in MTL than Cammy... Cammy is a bit more of a hothead than Vanek, and is probably more resentful towards MTL in general than Vanek who left partly because he wanted to go to MIN and partly because of Therrien. Cammy was very sour, and rightly so I guess.

It's too bad, cause that 09-10 #13 jersey would look pretty damn good in my living room if I had a reason to take it out of the storage room.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
A number one center shouldn't need someone to feed him! That's why this whole debate wing/center exists. He should dictate the play and not wait for Radulov to feed him...

Stamkos needs Kucherov or Stlouis and hes one of the best player this league has ever seen.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Brian McLellan...GM of the Washington Capitals has said that if he hadn't traded for Eller this past summer, they'd be in on Martin Hanzal.

Just a bit more info for those that seemed convince Hanzal is a scrub.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I think there's more chances of seeing Vanek back in MTL than Cammy... Cammy is a bit more of a hothead than Vanek, and is probably more resentful towards MTL in general than Vanek who left partly because he wanted to go to MIN and partly because of Therrien. Cammy was very sour, and rightly so I guess.

It's too bad, cause that 09-10 #13 jersey would look pretty damn good in my living room if I had a reason to take it out of the storage room.

Vanek left because he wasn't even offered a contract.

Cammalleri's beef was with Gauthier, Molson helped patched things up with him after so I think with a whole new front office/coaching staff he wouldn't be against coming back. Only way I'd take Cammy is if NJ ate 40-50% of his contract and we're only paying him $2.5-3 mill the rest of his deal.

Milosch

Jun 22, 2010

I totally understand his resentment towards MTL. But it should be towards Gautier and how he handled the situation. I believe Bergevin has much better communication skills, and the team isn't what it was 5-6 years ago.

I think in the right situation, it could work. And fills a need MTL has. And he isn't happy in NJ, so it could be used as motivation to leave.

Milosch

Jun 22, 2010
Vanek left because he wasn't even offered a contract.

Cammalleri's beef was with Gauthier, Molson helped patched things up with him after so I think with a whole new front office/coaching staff he wouldn't be against coming back. Only way I'd take Cammy is if NJ ate 40-50% of his contract and we're only paying him $2.5-3 mill the rest of his deal.

I was thinking in the neighborhood of 33%-50% retained. He would be getting paid DD's money after this year. And his contract would expire when Max's is done, so there would be money available.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Brian McLellan...GM of the Washington Capitals has said that if he hadn't traded for Eller this past summer, they'd be in on Martin Hanzal.

Hanzal aint a scrub, nobody ever claimed that.

Hes comparable to Eller.

Hes not the solution you think he is.

And its funny we sold Eller to get a worst player thats a problem for us, and now were looking to add another player to replace Eller.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007

from what I gather, it's his injuries that cast a shadow in the fans eyes.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

What does it say about Bergevin ? He kept DD and traded Eller.:laugh:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Hes comparable to Eller.

And its funny we sold Eller to get a worst player thats a problem for us, and now were looking to add another player to replace Eller.

That depends what you think I think of him as a solution.

I don't think he can come in here and be a legit #1C

But he'd be the second best center on this team after Galchenyuk, and their most complete center.

I'd rather than Hanzal than Plekanec, I'll tell you that much.

Habs must have bottom 5 centers in the NHL...not going anywhere until they strengthen that area, and unfortunately, trying to add a top 6 center is as difficult as adding a top 4 Dman, maybe even harder.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada

Hes comparable to Eller.

Funny how you think Habs want to replace Eller and how you think Shaw doesn't bring more than him.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Stamkos needs Kucherov or Stlouis and hes one of the best player this league has ever seen.

Stamkos is creating a ton of chances on his own. He's not relying on his wingers to produce!

Like how is this even a comparison? Stamkos is a freaking star!

Put Byron-Stamkos-Gally out there and they would kill it without a doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad