Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I don't think he means Kovalchuk sees Radulov's success with Montreal specifically. But more Radulov's successful return to the NHL. But I would definitely love to see Kovalvhuk in a Habs uniform.

Well that's too bad. They seem to like drinking Pepsi together, imagine them in a Pepsi commercial on tv... you need to drink mooaaaaarrrr.

Devils fans would probably burn down a building or two if he came back, I guess.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The way things go, and mostly because of the turnaround Julien will have to do to clean the mess MT did, I'd prefer if MB stay still and wait. We especially don't need a rental at this point, we need to turn it around, yesterday was only a game.

This is why possibly the best options for MB are rentals. This way, he won't bring in a player with term who might not mesh well with Julien's system. Julien can use the rest of this year evaluating what he has on this team and in the off-season, Bergevin can make a few more big moves and make this team more Julien-esque.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think to maximize Galchenyuk at center, they need to acquire another center that they can play 15-16-17-18+ mins game, and be trusted...

So that it can free up Galchenyuk to play in an offensive role and not worry so much about his defensive lapses.

We can talk about Duchene all day long, he's not coming here and I doubt he's going anywhere, I'd focus on strengthening our depth down the middle

Galchenyuk
Hanzal
Danault

>>

Galchenyuk
Danault
Plekanec

Your plan will not work because he can only be sheltered at home, on the road he will get exposed.

I remember the game against the Ducks earlier this season, Kessler just ate him alive...

You can see this just by looking at his stats:

Home 21 GP 9G 10A 19P +3
Road 18 GP 3G 8A 11P -3

And are we seriously talking about sheltering your so called #1 Center? :laugh:

Yeah ,Duchene is not happening, neither Landeskog.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
**** 2017, I need a time machine to fast forward one year to see if both Sergachev and Kovalchuk will be on the Habs for the 2018 POs. :naughty:

Not sure what all those reinstatement and contractual hoops are, but Friedman says he could return to the NHL one year from now and is 'noticing Radulov's success'. I'm not sure whether they once played together though.

Kovalchuk-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Shipachev-Dadonov

:naughty:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kovalchuk-Galchenyuk-Radulov
Pacioretty-Shipachev-Dadonov

:naughty:

Shaw - Danault - Gallagher

For what it's worth, during the World Cup, Shipachev and Dadonov were both asked by a reporter from Journal de Montréal about coming to the NHL or more specifically, Montreal. Dadonov admitted that Bergevin was one of a few GMs his agent had conversations with. Shipachev on the other hand, said that his agent spoke with a few NHL teams but that he didn't know which ones. He then added that Montreal isn't one of his preferred destinations.

I recall last year, Montreal was apparently just a few days away from agreeing on a deal with Shipachev (just a few final details to iron out), but his KHL team stepped in and exercised their right to the final year of his contract.

So who knows. Bergevin did say Shipachev intrigues him when asked last year after his July 1st press conference.

puckluck33*

May 17, 2015
...you can't put Markov back on the Top Pairing; we'd have the slowest Top Pairing in the League...

Then put Markov with Petry and Streit with Weber either way Bergevin needs to acquire a puck moving d-man to play with Weber like he had in Nashville with Josi...Emelin cannot play with Weber.:)

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Then put Markov with Petry and Streit with Weber either way Bergevin needs to acquire a puck moving d-man to play with Weber like he had in Nashville with Josi...Emelin cannot play with Weber.:)

...it's time to ask Anaheim what they want for Fowler and swing that deal, if it's at all feasible...

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Top 25 available players (below) according to ''hockeywriters.com''.

http://thehockeywriters.com/2017-nhl-trade-deadline-top-25-available-players/

Duchene, Shattenkirk, Landeskog, E.Kane, Sharp, Hanzal, Vrbata, Bishop, Eaves, Berglund, Iginla, Boyle, Davidson, Gionta, Oduya, Burrows, Pavelec, Hainsey, Perreault, Smith, Doan, M-A Fleury, Vanek, P-A Parenteau...

Exciting time to be an Hab/NHL fan!!! (March 1st trade deadline:yo:).

Last edited:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
If we're going to acquire just one guy , I'll go with Hanzal over a winger.

Give me Chucky-Hanzal-Gally over Land-Chucky-Gally any day of the week.

Galchenyuk at C >> Galchenyuk at LW
Landy > Chucky at LW
Chucky at C >> Hanzal

Can you give any reasons that aren't height and fo%?

You don't understand the desire of some to see a 6'6 235lbs center who wins faceoffs better than anyone on this roster, can play 18+ mins a game effectively, play on the PK, PP, chip offense at a better rate than any other center on this team not named Alex Galchenyuk?

One has to wonder what team some are watching.

No one is claiming he's going to singlehandedly turn the Habs into Cup contenders, but you'd have a hard time convincing me he's not on upgrade on all of our centers who again, aren't named Alex Galchenyuk.

*Or Philip Danault

I also like how you need to clarify that he produces at a RATE because you know he won't actually stay healthy. And, that amazing PPG that we are trading for hasn't been above .5 since 12-13.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

high quality skating

preferably one younger than 35

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Personally would trade any prospect on this team outside Sergachev and move any 2017 picks to maximize the small window to win.

1) Hanzal is the ideal target for the Habs since he can make the Habs bigger down the middle and grittier. Hanzal has some nice hands for a giant and should in theory create space for the Pac/Radu duo. It also gives Danault a chance to be placed on 3rd line again and get him out of his slump.

Line 1: Pacioretty - Hanzal - Radulov
Line 3: Byron - Danault - Shaw

2) Finding a player who can get Galchenyuk and Gallagher going and moving Plekanec. This is the move that would decide if the Habs actually make noise if they make playoffs. I would sell the farm (McCarron/Scherbak/Juulsen/Lehkonen/etc) for this player but the problem is does anyone in the NHL put value on Habs players/prospects?

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Galchenyuk at C >> Galchenyuk at LW
Landy > Chucky at LW
Chucky at C >> Hanzal

Can you give any reasons that aren't height and fo%?

Can you tell me why is Chucky better at C than at Wing? Like how did you actually measured this?

The way Chucky is playing right now even Danault is better than him at center.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
"Ron Hainsey" - Linked teams: (...) "Montreal"
:shakehead

I don't like it either...not at all.
Maybe Bergevin is just thinking (here) in improving #7-8- LD depth?
(it would be Hainsey vs Hanley vs Lowe...). 'Cause Emelin or Markov or Beaulieu are all >>> Hainsey.

Maybe Oduya could be better (but more expensive?) for the #6-7 Ld spots? (LD depth). Does Oduya have some playoff fuel left in him? I haven't been following him since his Chiago days!

http://thehockeywriters.com/2017-nhl-trade-deadline-top-25-available-players/

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Can you tell me why is Chucky better at C than at Wing? Like how did you actually measured this?

What makes you believe that this Chucky is the real Chucky? And not the Chucky we saw at the beginning of the season? Or last season?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

not everyone is only looking at his last 10/12 games you know...

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010

Well, I have a memory of longer than 2 weeks for one. Can you seriously compare his time as a center in the second half of last year + this season vs his time as a winger and not immediately realize where he is more effective? If you're legitimately asking for a way to measure performance of an offensive player I think PPG would be a good place to start...

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
bring in him and shipachoyov. man is that guy ever riding it up in the KHL god I wish we had of gotten him.

Next year:

Radulov, Markov, Sergachev, Shipachoyov, Kovalchuk, emelin, chuckie(sorta)

We will win this for mother russia!!! :laugh:

We're the New Red Army! Lol

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell

Denis, is that you? :D

"I believe acquiring a real centre is a priority on MB's shopping list, as I am convinced that Galchenyuk is not this number 1 centre the Habs need. Number 27 must be moved to wing if Le Tricolore gets that centre." - D. Gauthier, RDS article

Pretty sure Julien can use the English language to educate Chucky on how to deal with the Keslers of the league, whereas MT... probably never did.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Everyone is willing to overpay to get a #1 Center. Can montreal wait one more year? What would it cost to get the first overall pick in the 2017 draft? Could Nolan Patrick be that # 1 Center? Would he be able to play next year? How good could he turn out to be? It might be better to go this route. Comments

There's a reason teams are more willing than previous years to trade their 1st-round-picks. This is a weak draft. Patrick will have a strong two-way game but not be super productive like the latest crop of top prospects in the past couple of years. Plus he has injury issues.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
What makes you believe that this Chucky is the real Chucky? And not the Chucky we saw at the beginning of the season? Or last season?

The real Chucky is not better defensively than what you see right now.

Now he's not only struggling in his own zone he's struggling in both zones.

not everyone is only looking at his last 10/12 games you know...

He was not better defensively earlier in the season , but he was at least producing...

Well, I have a memory of longer than 2 weeks for one. Can you seriously compare his time as a center in the second half of last year + this season vs his time as a winger and not immediately realize where he is more effective? If you're legitimately asking for a way to measure performance of an offensive player I think PPG would be a good place to start...

Don't you think there's a difference between centering Pacioretty and playing on Eller's wing?

DD got 60 points centering Pacioretty...

Byron-Chucky-Radulov was a dominant line earlier in the season.
Byron-Chucky-Gally ??? :)

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think we'll look long and hard at Shattenkirk. He's a rental and should be cheaper than a guy with term and have a huge impact on our D. He's played LD before and is the perfect partner for Weber.

Just feels like a Bergevin trade to me.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
honestly, I completely forgot about Edler. While not being that young anymore, he would be amazing addition and much cheaper then guys like Fowler, ekman larsson, etc

Edler-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn

Emelin extra or traded. Our d corp would lack a bit of physicality so emelin not a bad idea to keep him.

I would suggest to just get Edler and a fwd rental like Sharp (for emelin)?, which are REALISTIC options.

trades for duchene types only happens in the off season

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
honestly, I completely forgot about Edler. While not being that young anymore, he would be amazing addition and much cheaper then guys like Fowler, ekman larsson, etc

Edler-Weber
Markov-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn

Emelin extra or traded. Our d corp would lack a bit of physicality so emelin not a bad idea to keep him.

I would suggest to just get Edler and a fwd rental like Sharp (for emelin)?, which are REALISTIC options.

trades for duchene types only happens in the off season

Edler would still cost quite a bit. Considering how weak this year's draft is though I wouldn't be against throwing Vancouver our 1st-round-pick and a prospect considering his contract fits into our "window". He's got a NTC, though.

Sharp could be had for a pick. No sense in throwing Emelin away when he can be a big part of our bottom pairing for the playoffs as long as he's paired with a mobile defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad