Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Off-Season Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I just don't know what Bergevin is thinking. He has to sign some guys so if we are going to tank or go with more youth, I wonder how he spends that cap space and how much term he hands out.
Unless you're absolutely sure that you can compete for a cup with whoever he acquires, I'd sign some filler guys. Hopefully get a very high pick, number 1 would be nice. Then you spend the cash and surround the kids with solid nhlers.
On the trade front, If he sells the farm (which ain't as deep as some think) to aquire big names this season, that could kill their future for years to come. I swear, if he gives up a first to reaquire Price, I'll lose my shit.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Unless you're absolutely sure that you can compete for a cup with whoever he acquires, I'd sign some filler guys. Hopefully get a very high pick, number 1 would be nice. Then you spend the cash and surround the kids with solid nhlers.
On the trade front, If he sells the farm (which ain't as deep as some think) to aquire big names this season, that could kill their future for years to come. I swear, if he gives up a first to reaquire Price, I'll lose my shit.

I knock on the door with an Eichel trade (one of Romanov, KK 1st) and see if you get any interest. Then if there is interest, I call Ovechkin's agent and offer him Price's contract (if Seattle takes him). Then work on finding guys on D and I suspect players would be interested. If the Eichel trade don't happen, forget about competing for the playoffs and go for a lottery pick.

If Price stays, I'd still engage on the Eichel trade but no room for Ovechkin.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I knock on the door with an Eichel trade (one of Romanov, KK 1st) and see if you get any interest. Then if there is interest, I call Ovechkin's agent and offer him Price's contract (if Seattle takes him). Then work on finding guys on D and I suspect players would be interested. If the Eichel trade don't happen, forget about competing for the playoffs and go for a lottery pick.

If Price stays, I'd still engage on the Eichel trade but no room for Ovechkin.
I wouldn't move Romanov. They're so thin on D as it is. Theyre going to be in very tough finding a number 1 guy. Besides, look what happened when he traded Sergachev! It'd be different if they had someone coming up in the next year or 2, but they really don't. Unless Brook pans out. I'd do KK and a first I guess.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wouldn't move Romanov. They're so thin on D as it is. Theyre going to be in very tough finding a number 1 guy. Besides, look what happened when he traded Sergachev! It'd be different if they had someone coming up in the next year or 2, but they really don't. Unless Brook pans out. I'd do KK and a first I guess.

You won't get Eichel without Romanov and KK as starters. You might get interest if you swap Romanov for Guhle. If you don't like that, don't bother calling the Sabres

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
You won't get Eichel without Romanov and KK as starters. You might get interest if you swap Romanov for Guhle. If you don't like that, don't bother calling the Sabres

100%.

Sabres initial ask would have one of Suzuki/Caufield in place of KK. If we’d be lucky they would accept the sub for KK.

This is not an easy trade to make without there being devastating lateral consequences.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Coming in peace from the isles board. I saw a rumor on a nyi blog site that the Habs have interest in 24 yr old Beau.

Isles have about $18m+ in cap space and Seattle will take another player. So, isles do have $ for Beau's extension or to match any offer sheet.
Have there been any credible rumors in the Montreal press about the Habs kicking the tires on Beau

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Coming in peace from the isles board. I saw a rumor on a nyi blog site that the Habs have interest in 24 yr old Beau.

Isles have about $18m+ in cap space and Seattle will take another player. So, isles do have $ for Beau's extension or to match any offer sheet.
Have there been any credible rumors in the Montreal press about the Habs kicking the tires on Beau
Just speculation

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal

Not really, saw the same rumour you did.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
100%.

Sabres initial ask would have one of Suzuki/Caufield in place of KK. If we’d be lucky they would accept the sub for KK.

This is not an easy trade to make without there being devastating lateral consequences.

We see it the same. KK would be the 2nd piece behind Romanov if we were to get interest from them.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We still need to add. KK, Romanov, 1st and another prospect might be a starting point

Yes, 1st, and maybe another grade B prospect or possibly more. But we would have to send Drouin's cap hit the other way. Some say they would laugh at that but any team that trades for Eichel, tries to send a contract back or asks for retention and I think the Sabres would engage

Romanov and KK with our 1st is a good starting point to get talking. Other teams are in it too but this is competitive. I don't see pieces like Zegras, Byfield, Suzuki, Turcotte at play

All Star John Scott

Jan 17, 2016
Yes, 1st, and maybe another grade B prospect or possibly more. But we would have to send Drouin's cap hit the other way. Some say they would laugh at that but any team that trades for Eichel, tries to send a contract back or asks for retention and I think the Sabres would engage

Romanov and KK with our 1st is a good starting point to get talking. Other teams are in it too but this is competitive. I don't see pieces like Zegras, Byfield, Suzuki, Turcotte at play
Buffalo might not even sell. Zebras,Drysdale and 3oa was their offer to Ducks

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

It makes too much sense for us not to look into Beauvillier. We need Francophone Quebercers, just the way it is.

BUT, no way I see our GM giving up Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov, or KK for Beauvillier. Won't happen.

I doubt any fan here would want to give up Romanov. You may find the odd poster who'd give up Kotkaniemi. But we're losing Danault at C, and after being weak at C so long, doubt MB gives up on Kotkaniemi so early after drafting him 3rd overall over Brady Tkachuk because he's a C.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It makes too much sense for us not to look into Beauvillier. We need Francophone Quebercers, just the way it is.

BUT, no way I see our GM giving up Suzuki, Caufield, Romanov, or KK for Beauvillier. Won't happen.

I doubt any fan here would want to give up Romanov. You may find the odd poster who'd give up Kotkaniemi. But we're losing Danault at C, and after being weak at C so long, doubt MB gives up on Kotkaniemi so early after drafting him 3rd overall over Brady Tkachuk because he's a C.

I doubt the isles, trying to win now,have any interest in KK.

It's the Habs rumored to be kicking tires. Zero reason the isles move a 24 yr old Beau unless they feel the offer is too good to refuse.
Maybe Montreal inquired before the Leddy and Ladd trades freed up salary,maybe Montreal expected to get him cheaply in a cap dump trade.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I doubt the isles, trying to win now,have any interest in KK.

It's the Habs rumored to be kicking tires. Zero reason the isles move a 24 yr old Beau unless they feel the offer is too good to refuse.

I read an article by a NYI's writer about the possibility of Habs interest in Beau. All the Isles fans in the comment section said why would we move Beau, no way we should.

Some Habs fans here have been thinking we'd get him at a bargain...

What do you think about possibly losing Josh Bailey?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I read an article by a NYI's writer about the possibility of Habs interest in Beau. All the Isles fans in the comment section said why would we move Beau, no way we should.

Some Habs fans here have been thinking we'd get him at a bargain...

What do you think about possibly losing Josh Bailey?

I would hate losing Bailey and I am hoping Montreal takes Eberle instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad