Proposal: Trade/FA Thread '21 Off-Season Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
Who else were they going to pick? and Bergevin probably wants to re-sign him.

Probably because no one else to protect yeah..

As for wanting to sign him back, being protected or not does not change anything. He could be signed either way.

Guess we'll find out sooner or later.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

As for wanting to sign him back, being protected or not does not change anything. He could be signed either way.

Not if Seattle signed him.

Either way, its not a big deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ristolainen is a huge risk imo.

That depends on a lot of factors. Cost to acquire, if they retain, if we extend him, and for how much

I remember some saying Chiarot for 3 years at $3.5M was another Alzner signing.

He's been stuck on the Sabres and they heavily rely on him. I can see a possible situation where he shines in a secondary role and less minutes. I'm definitely interested depending on cost to acquire

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Risto is the Drouin of defense. Unless he is stupid cheap, I'm avoiding him.

I think it's difficult to project how he looks on a different team. He could be an anchor or he could do very well. I believe there are lots of interest and he's more of a Anderson type risk. Big boy and skates well. Lots of interest but nobody is going to overpay. Reality

Sabres start him 60% in the D zone. We don't have to do that if we acquire him. It can be more 50/50 and he also would get less minutes.

I'm certainly interested depending on cost to inquire and cap in vs cap out.

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
Not if Seattle signed him.

Either way, its not a big deal.

Well protected... Seatle can't talk to him until the UFA market opens back up.

Not protected.. Seatle can try but doesn't mean he signs..

Like I mentioned if he has intention of signing back here. Don't matter if he's protected or not.

But yeah not a big deal.. Was just curious.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto

Pretty sure no one (Habs or any other team) was allowed to do anything until tomorrow

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Potentially another huge offseason for Bergevin. Tons of cap space if Weber is Kucherov'd till the playoffs or retires..Drouin, Danault, etc etc.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just piling up half a dozen assets doesn't make it more attractive to Buffalo.
There's no way the Habs get Eichel without giving up either one of Suzuki or Caufield.

Don't agree. I don't see any other team giving up Zegras, Byfield, Lafreniere, Suzuki, Turcotte, Caufield types for Eichel at this stage. A 100% healthy Eichel? Maybe. I know what I am doing and I know the market. It's about matching or just beating other teams top offers. You don't understand it and you seem to think that package is meh.

This is how I see it... PLD was going to get traded for a futures package but the Jets came along and offered the 1/1 main swap and added another piece. If they didn't, PLD was going to be traded for a package, not 1/1. Is that option open to the Sabres for Eichel? I don't see it right now but it's possible. If it's not on the table, the Sabres will be asking for a futures package

Probability? It's low but I bet you try to throw this in my face later like I thought it would happen for sure. :blah:

This is the rumored asking price....
A top-six center 25-year-old or younger
A top-four defenseman 25-or-young
A first-round pick and various prospects

Appears to me that no team is offering that Suzuki or Caufield piece. Don't you think?

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
If its announced at 1pm tomorrow that we took 5.5 million cap for Risto and didnt send any back we might as well not watch the offseason and Jake Allen will retire on stress leave halfway through the season.

Reactions: dinodebino

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
If its announced at 1pm tomorrow that we took 5.5 million cap for Risto and didnt send any back we might as well not watch the offseason and Jake Allen will retire on stress leave halfway through the season.

I laughed too hard at this. Mental health isn’t a laughing matter, but this is funny. :laugh:

Reactions: habsfan891

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
With the Habs picking 30th on Friday I won't be surprised if they trade that pick for some immediate help. Hope it isn't for a player with only 1 year left before going to UFA though.

Reactions: McGees

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Can anyone explain why was Armia protected as a UFA?

I just can't grasp that one.
They needed to expose 2 forwards under contract with a certain amount of NHL games so they needed to expose Drouin/Byron, could have just as easily exposed Danault but I think they have a better chance of resigning Armia

Reactions: CaptnNemo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad